Pokйmon Tales: Unit 731

Hello.

Some of you might be familiar with Pokйmon, some won't. However, it's been a huge part of my childhood - we had a lot of fun with the series, the cards, the gameboy.

But, Pokйmon isn't just all about stuffed animals whom fight each other for fun. It has been, since its release, been a thread of haunted games, creepy stories and whatsoever. All of them are fake, but pretty enjoyable to read. I will tell it as if it is actually true - to increase reading pleasure, of course

I will explain you them in a serie of tales, consisting of 4 parts.

Part I: Unit 731

Unit 731 is the sickest thing you'll ever hear in your entire life. Unit 731 is a war unit of the Japanese army during World War II. Its purpose was to test out new kinds of warfare: chemical and biological. Of course, they need living creatures to test their stuff on. You know what they used? Real, living people. Not only men, but also women and children.

The Japanese army performed operations, slaughterings and medical experiments on living people like you and me. Without any form of painkilling. They did weapon tests on them: what will happen if I throw a grenade 5m away of that guy? They performed vivisections, where they cut humans open to see what's inside. Alive. They cut out their limbs to see how their blood system works. They froze people's limbs to see how gangrene works. They cut out stomachs and other organs to see what the effects are on the body. They injected people's blood with other animal's blood, with air (lethal) and even sea water. They buried people alive. Or burnt them alive.

All the above is, sadly, true. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

(here is where the fictional part starts)

Now, you might ask yourself, how does this have anything to do with Pokйmon?

Well, as you might know, Japan had a separate Green version (EU and USA had Red and Blue, they had Green and Red). If you went into a certain bush in one of the areas, you could run into a "glitch" Pokйmon. Name? "731". What happened? Watch the following video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxmDvjRsUg[/ame]

Compare those pictures with those on Wikipedia. Or look at the first part of this video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcDSdjWR6P0[/ame] (please don't read 3rd and 4th, they'll come in next Tales).

Creepy, isn't it? How a game for children between 7 and 12 contains references to a group of people commiting crimes you wouldn't even ever come up with in your sickest thoughts.

Why did they do it? Nobody knows...

I agree, this does seem strange...

I do not like pokemon,
So I did not enjoy this post, :/

Sowwy

Wow,
people like hitting their heads hard.
No, seriously.

Seems like one of the developers was angry, maybe cause they mustnt have a red edition for communistic reasons, and trolled and criticized the government this way. A quite creative way in my opinion, lets hope he wasnt shot for that.

plsreadthepostokthxbai

"All of them are fake"

It's fake, but pretty enjoyable to read.

Back in the days - when I was young and played Pokйmon as a kid - older adults played the game as well. Just like you learned scripting, some of them learned how to write and edits Cartridge (the stuff you put in your GB). They made these kind of stuff. They were geniouses, as it's all well documented and looks highly realistic.

Our next tale will be about someone who is genious at working with Audio.

The last one will be a very special one, and interactive I'm still researching the third

I just read the stuff about the Unit 731. Thank you. I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanosie
View Post
I do not like pokemon,
So I did not enjoy this post, :/

Sowwy
U WOT M8