vBulletin or SMF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalamalam
Посмотреть сообщение
What is Woltlab, I'm unfamiliar with this?
Forum software...
Its good looking...
Easy to install modules,themes
Easy to create and mod
Support TAB button (when you press tab its add spaces)
Easy,User friendly,powerful....i suggest you to try it (you have a free version and payed one witch can be found free on internet)

Hmm, I did look on their website after I posted. I took interest in the "Community Framework" have you used it?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Hmm, I did look on their website after I posted. I took interest in the "Community Framework" have you used it?
Thats for developing your own forum with their functions (its not forum)

I realize that, lol. What I meant was, is it any good? To develop your own forum.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I realize that, lol. What I meant was, is it any good? To develop your own forum.
Well if you have experience with web coding (HTML,PHP,CSS,JS...ect) than its awesome tool

SMF is the best one for free
vBulletin is harder to use and costs like 100Ђ!

I forgot to mention: in SMF, the good thing is you can "play" with the forum code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachimnor
Посмотреть сообщение
I would say none, IPB all the way
This. Just take a look at my website. Fresh out-of-the-box install of IPB just installed. I merely changed the logo around a little bit (licensed version, yes).

Mods:

I played with a nulled IPB on my localhost a few weeks back, I didn't really like it, didn't feel right.

vBulletin as it's what I'm used to, otherwise I'd go for IPB, it's much better than SMF or any of the other alternatives.

I am not a big fan of vBulletin as it's administration interface is (for me) difficult to navigate through. I have used IPB (Invision Power Board) in the past and had no complaints. Quite frankly, if I had the money to purchase the latest version you best believe I would! I currently use SMF (Simple Machines) on my forum- it does the job so I have no complaints. Although it has a ton of missing features compared to vBulletin and IPB. phpBB on the other hand is quite horrible. I use it as a "PD forum" for a server simply because it's free and allows groups to be board moderators.

vB/IPB/MyBB are bests

Personally, I love SMF. It can be modified to extremes, anything missing from SMF that you can find in other paid-for solutions such as Vbulletin, can be made yourself (as SMF is completely open source now after the release of 2.0 Gold ).

MyBB is also good, alot of options and plugins.