SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 client (now released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckzyBoi
View Post
Another observation - my server, in my favourites & hosted tab, is appearing as offline after installing this update; but the original 0.3.7 client shows it as online. Game-state also says it is online.
I would say either you have iptables rules filtering the query packet structure, or OVH game firewall might filter it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
The sound update is fantastic, really really good.

In regards I'd introduce 5 Euro Monthly Fee for regular internet server listings and 25 for Hosted tab.
This'll filter a lot of fakers and reduce the load.
25 euros/ $30 in my opinion for hosted tab is way too expensive - especially for new servers. I think it would just be unfair and unjust. $15 for hosted tab is understandable and ok.

Nevertheless, thank you very much Kalcor for the update. Glad to see there has been further development beyond fixing critical exploits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I would say either you have iptables rules filtering the query packet structure, or OVH game firewall might filter it.
Thanks, I'll contact the host right away. P.S. keep up the good work!

OMG KALCOR THANK YOU

Thanks for the new sounds, that will save some mp3 streaming on my server!

//Seems like Avast is marking this as dangerous file, same as Windows Defender (Win 10).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
View Post
$5 for monthly fee for regular internet server listing? Then what's the difference between internet tab and hosted tab regardless of internet tab being cheaper.

I'd prefer if we've internet tab for free and trusted sources of hosted tab from which we can purchase the slots, like $5 as the one-time registration fee for hosted tab providers and then $25 for each server slot? So many people like them who use fake players/ bots would avoid getting their $30 as most of them have a game-mp account.

Albeit, it's very good to see SA-MP in development again. The player sound feature is awesome as fuck. Keep it up, boss.
The difference is tiers obviously.

the 5 Euro Tier will be for people who are serious about running a server but cannot afford the cost of a hosted tab.

The 25 Euro Tier will be the more serious servers that want more exposure and attention that the Hosted Tab gives right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeSteve
View Post
25 euros/ $30 in my opinion for hosted tab is way too expensive - especially for new servers. I think it would just be unfair and unjust. $15 for hosted tab is understandable and ok.

Nevertheless, thank you very much Kalcor for the update. Glad to see there has been further development beyond fixing critical exploits.
25 too expensive? They should buy the 5 Euro tier.

Purpose of the 5 Euro Tier would be to filter out the fake people / exploiters.
If you don't have 5 Euro to spend each month on the server then don't bother opening one in the first place.

Since there was no major or even version changes, will GetPlayerVersion change? Or better; Will the client still connect to the 0.3.7 R-1?

Quote:
View Post
The internet list (proper one) might make a comeback for 0.3.7-R2. I'll have to see how many bad servers are on there. For now it's disabled.
Great! Despite the shitshow from a few days ago, it's good to see updates coming out, no matter the size.

Please do consider changes made to the current internet list though. It's virtually impossible to thrive as a server when you don't have direct access to hosted tabs.

Also since the majority of the 'bad' servers have been getting the boot out of game-mp, why don't you reopen account registrations for that service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckzyBoi
View Post
Nice one Kalcor. Thanks

I get an error installing when it tries to write files gtaweap3.ttf and sampaux3.ttf ?
Those files haven't changed. Windows must have a file lock on them. Just press Ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
//Seems like Avast is marking this as dangerous file, same as Windows Defender (Win 10).
I'm not seeing the problem:
installer:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/8f...fd58/detection
samp.dll
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/de...315b/detection
samp.exe
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/c2...cb93/detection
bass.dll
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/3f...b4cd/detection

Page Fault problem with internet
http://prntscr.com/gnujf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
The difference is tiers obviously.

the 5 Euro Tier will be for people who are serious about running a server but cannot afford the cost of a hosted tab.

The 25 Euro Tier will be the more serious servers that want more exposure and attention that the Hosted Tab gives right now.

25 too expensive? They should buy the 5 Euro tier.

Purpose of the 5 Euro Tier would be to filter out the fake people / exploiters.
If you don't have 5 Euro to spend each month on the server then don't bother opening one in the first place.
I share the same opinion. However, we should open a new thread regarding this issue if it is our intention to discuss it. No point in derailing this thread to other subjects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanel123
View Post
Page Fault problem with internet
http://prntscr.com/gnujf7
It has been detected.

Quote:
The internet list (proper one) might make a comeback for 0.3.7-R2. I'll have to see how many bad servers are on there. For now it's disabled.

Strange... I'm using default settings on Avast (newly installed), it even put samp.exe to virus chest after trying to connect to server. I had to add exception for the file.

Oh my god, Awsome !!!!

Quote:
View Post
Internet tab should be removed because if it comes back it will just be filled up with servers that have fake player counts ... spammed with IP adverts etc. Minecraft (a billion dollar game) doesn't provide a free server listing so why should you? Hosted tab only is a win-win for you and the community.

Works fine, it's interesting to come back the internet tab, just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
Strange... I'm using default settings on Avast (newly installed), it even put samp.exe to virus chest after trying to connect to server. I had to add exception for the file.
Those virus detections are not that accurate, I've had warnings on SAMP since I first downloaded it.

Avast is just as bad as AVG. It's borderline malware and doesn't accurately catch virusses anyways. IF you use a virus scanner (even though most of them are only capable of mainstream malicious content, even if you pay), you should use a scanner with actual standards, like AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes or Superantispyware.

If you are interested in the ambient sounds and voice/radio samples, you can check them out in https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Sound_IDs

Why soundID 4202 doesn't work?