SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 client (now released)

SA-MP 0.3.7-R2

This is a pre-release of the optional client update 0.3.7-R2, which addresses a problem with the server browser where it was vulnerable to an IP spoofing attack. Servers could send fake information coming from other servers if they could guess when the client was querying them. This vulnerability could not lead to remote code execution.

Notes for server owners:

The SA-MP query protocol is changed. If you are filtering the 'Port' section of the query packet with a firewall, you should remove this filter.

Changes to PlayerPlaySound.

There have been some changes to the way client's handle PlayerPlaySound. Sound ID 1 can be used disable the interior 0 ambience track (wind noise) to create fake interiors. The game's ambience system is used for all sounds below ID 1000, which means many ambience tracks that previously didn't work should now work. Sound ID 0 can be used as normal to stop the current track or return the game's normal outdoor ambience.

A short video demonstrates how these changes might be useful.

Downloads:

SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 Client
SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 Client

Thank you kalcor!

Finally! No more bullshit in hosted tab

Hmm, new SA:MP...

Are you kidding me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw3samp
View Post
Maybe move this thread to News & Updates
Where you see any updates ?...

Omg an update, there's hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw3samp
View Post
No, where you see any updates in this version

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssMorgan
View Post
No, where you see any updates in this version
Oh sorry i thought you meant on forums where you see news & updates. Since Kalcor said this is testing version so I am not sure, he will keep us updated

@AbyssMorgan Literally 2 bugfixes, shut up and stop demanding more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
View Post
@AbyssMorgan Literally 2 bugfixes, shut up and stop demanding more.
2 years 4 months so much I am here and we are still in SA:MP 0.3.7

The update came out 2 years after last.
Update: two bug fixed, rly ?

I need more SA:MP stuff, i don't need MTA SHIT GAME.

Internet list is not working? Before it showed servers (hosted tab ones) so my question is why not just remove the internet tab from the sa-mp client, if there will be only hosted tab.
https://s26.postimg.org/lja879c95/Untitled.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
The internet list (proper one) might make a comeback for 0.3.7-R2. I'll have to see how many bad servers are on there. For now it's disabled.
That's good news but i suppose people will again find a way, to exploit internet tab. I think keeping hosted tab (what is currently) is best idea. So people don't fake players in their servers.

Thanks for the update, Kalcor! Have been wondering why my client crashed when the hosted tab was fully loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolex_
View Post
Shut up, You were one of those who have said "guys be thankful with what we have now" and now you speak against it. If you're not satisfied, press "Log Out" button and go away. Thank you

P.S: Thanks for the update
I'm not happy because of what.
I do not log out because of the opinion of someone who can only say "thank you" for any reason.
I do not condemn Kalcor's work, because he does it with ours.

So why you say "shut up" i don't see any problems in my statements?

Nice to see that query responses spoofing was finally fixed. it was a major problem. It would be great to have internet list, as query spoofing was the main major reason against it. Players are searching new servers in those lists, you have to be an ignorant (with no owned server) to say that it doesn't matter.

I hope that the PlayerPlaySound is a change originally made for 0.4a, but they moved it to 0.3.7 because of the required client update and probably because beta testers wanted it earlier. If 0.4a added something to PlayerPlaySound which is pretty nice, it is probably some great upcoming version (like every major 0.3 version). The hope is the last one that dies. This is probably the reason for this random new feature.

Thanks for the fix ! Hopefuly it won't break game server statistics sites.

Thanks kye <3

The sound update is fantastic, really really good.

In regards I'd introduce 5 Euro Monthly Fee for regular internet server listings and 25 for Hosted tab.
This'll filter a lot of fakers and reduce the load.

Nice one Kalcor. Thanks

I get an error installing when it tries to write files gtaweap3.ttf and sampaux3.ttf ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
The sound update is fantastic, really really good.

In regards I'd introduce 5 Euro Monthly Fee for regular internet server listings and 25 for Hosted tab.
This'll filter a lot of fakers and reduce the load.
$5 for monthly fee for regular internet server listing? Then what's the difference between internet tab and hosted tab regardless of internet tab being cheaper.

I'd prefer if we've internet tab for free and trusted sources of hosted tab from which we can purchase the slots, like $5 as the one-time registration fee for hosted tab providers and then $25 for each server slot? So many people like them who use fake players/ bots would avoid getting their $30 as most of them have a game-mp account.

Albeit, it's very good to see SA-MP in development again. The player sound feature is awesome as fuck. Keep it up, boss.

Another observation - my server, in my favourites & hosted tab, is appearing as offline after installing this update; but the original 0.3.7 client shows it as online. Game-state also says it is online.