[Map] Blake Island

Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasis223
View Post
How then he got it mapped up?
The best answer I can give you is this:
MTA Race, Convertffs, adri1's map mover and some chicken pox to keep you in the house for more than a week.
Works like a charm, I'll give you that.

Well needs another hand but witha little bit improving this could be an epic map i like it already.

HeLiOn_PrImE hey buddy. First of all thumbs up for the map!

Im mapping about 7-8 years and i know what it takes to make map like this one. I didnt try it, on pictures looks awesome. Im currently working on my own project, mapping whole island for my server ( Survival/Dayz - Something like that ). Also makeing it from zero, so i have a question. I will fill map with lots of object, trees, fences, stairs, building etc. I want map full of details so the question is, do u have trouble with streaming objects? 1000 is limit whic streamer can load, so im in fear if i make it, will streamer slowly loading objects or it will be trouble something with streaming distance? Overall i want decant amount of distance, perhaps decant loading speed of objects on map. U have almost 1000 objects on map so u know how it works. Thank you for ur reply and sorry for my bad english.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedZ
View Post
HeLiOn_PrImE hey buddy. First of all thumbs up for the map!

Im mapping about 7-8 years and i know what it takes to make map like this one. I didnt try it, on pictures looks awesome. Im currently working on my own project, mapping whole island for my server ( Survival/Dayz - Something like that ). Also makeing it from zero, so i have a question. I will fill map with lots of object, trees, fences, stairs, building etc. I want map full of details so the question is, do u have trouble with streaming objects? 1000 is limit whic streamer can load, so im in fear if i make it, will streamer slowly loading objects or it will be trouble something with streaming distance? Overall i want decant amount of distance, perhaps decant loading speed of objects on map. U have almost 1000 objects on map so u know how it works. Thank you for ur reply and sorry for my bad english.
No, you got it all wrong, buddy.
1000 objects its the maximum of objects the client can take before crashing.
So your map can safely have more than 1000 objects if they are streamed correctly.
There is a plugin that can help you do that. (here) It will basically set the streaming distances according to the size of the objects.
That's kind of how the game works normally. The big land masses are loaded first, and as you get closer, trees and other small objects are progressively streamed.
This include will save you from a lot of trouble when loading the map on the server.
The in-game mapping tools, however, will crash very often. I've learned to live with it so far, but if I ever have time to get on with the expansion of this map, I'll look into a workaround.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
No, you got it all wrong, buddy.
1000 objects its the maximum of objects the client can take before crashing.
So your map can safely have more than 1000 objects if they are streamed correctly.
There is a plugin that can help you do that. (here) It will basically set the streaming distances according to the size of the objects.
That's kind of how the game works normally. The big land masses are loaded first, and as you get closer, trees and other small objects are progressively streamed.
This include will save you from a lot of trouble when loading the map on the server.
The in-game mapping tools, however, will crash very often. I've learned to live with it so far, but if I ever have time to get on with the expansion of this map, I'll look into a workaround.
I know buddy, u get it wrong out of my text, maybe cause of my english haha. I know 1000 objects is max, and i can have more then 1000 objects that i know haha.

Yea, i checked that plugin, also few scripters told me about it, so thats cool. Out of topic, just need to wait if server will support 30-40 players on custom island above 10.000 custom objects.. haha thats the point :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
Hey, I checked this map out and it's pretty nice!

I develop a gamemode called Scavenge and Survive and I'd really like to fill this map with loot spawns and turn it into some sort of Battle Royale/Hunger Games style arena spin-off from the main Scavenge and Survive gamemode, I think the players will love it and it might bring in a new audience!

So I'd like your permission to redistribute this map with some minor changes and loot spawns on the SS public repository since I'd like to test the mode with multiple maps/modes and also utilise GitHub's source control and public contributions.

If you're not okay with it being redistributed publicly, that's okay and I'll just use a private repo for my own source control purposes. Thanks
That's exactly what this map was made for, and I'm glad you're willing to test it out.
So of course you have my permission. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Just checked this map out. This is so awesome!

I bet that's what Roleplay server should be using for start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
View Post
I bet that's what Roleplay server should be using for start.
It wasn't designed for Roleplay. I mean look at it...no roads or houses or anything a roleplay server can use.
When I made this map, I had the Hunger Games movie in mind.

I like the map. Maybe I can work some magic and do something with it. PM me if you're interested in a mapping position. I'm going to load this bad boy up and get a better view.

nice

Well done, I'm going to create a gamemode and use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaleWoods
View Post
+rep awesome work but the cmds /blake and docks isn't working for me
I don't know why they wouldn't work. They do work on a blank GM, and others have confirmed it.
You could try remaking them using a command processor like YCMD, or whatever your server is using.

Damn so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
View Post
Well done, I'm going to create a gamemode and use this.
This map would work well with a PUBG style gamemode.
It's exactly what I had in mind when I made it.

Neat!

Awesome work man keep it up!