SA-MP Forums Archive
[Map] Blake Island - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Filterscripts (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Forum: Maps (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=64)
+---- Thread: [Map] Blake Island (/showthread.php?tid=520141)

Pages: 1 2 3

Blake Island v1.1 - HeLiOn_PrImE - 17.06.2014

BLAKE ISLAND v1.1
by HeLiOn PrImE

Please give a fair rate, after you check the map in game!
ATTENTION: Location:Contents:
Overview:Install steps: Update Notes:Note: Slideshow: Download Link:

Re: Blake Island - Acres - 17.06.2014

Very cool !

Re: Blake Island - Racer123 - 17.06.2014

Good job!

Re: Blake Island - DDR3 - 17.06.2014

Good Job

Re: Blake Island - Xicor - 17.06.2014

Nicely done.

Re: Blake Island - Dignity - 17.06.2014

Expected a little more to be honest.

I'll leave my concerns with constructive feedback though, hopefully you'll consider them positive.

Alot of areas need polishing and there are some areas that just seem thrown onto each other. The docks are an example. There's objects going through each other and it's a incomplete area in my opinion. It really gives off the impression that you just added the area "just because".

Also, at the Big Ear map, you've basically just scattered tree objects all over the road and parking lot. You could've put another warehouse there or atleast have done something more constructive than that. (:

Despite the above, very nice map. It's really good for your first project.

Re: Blake Island - HeLiOn_PrImE - 17.06.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mionee
View Post
Expected a little more to be honest.

I'll leave my concerns with constructive feedback though, hopefully you'll consider them positive.

A lot of areas need polishing and there are some areas that just seem thrown onto each other. The docks are an example. There's objects going through each other and it's a incomplete area in my opinion. It really gives off the impression that you just added the area "just because".

Also, at the Big Ear map, you've basically just scattered tree objects all over the road and parking lot. You could've put another warehouse there or atleast have done something more constructive than that. (:

Despite the above, very nice map. It's really good for your first project.
I checked all day for this feedback and not just "good job" and "nicely done". Thank you for this, and you're right.
The truth is, my free time just went off. I held this on hold for to these couple of weeks, but I ran out of ideas.
There are many things I could have done better. Maybe research a little more on texturing and polish those hills a little better. Work some better ideas for those docks.
The idea was having an island with different environments.

I did what I could with the time I had. From that point of view, I can say that I am pleased. Overall, it's kind of a failure, because it isn't how I've imagined it. Some of the land pieces somehow moved away from each other (probably from the to many conversions), and for that I feel the worst. Like ripping my hair off my head.

I've opened a topic in search of ideas, but the people who posted weren't....well....They didn't bothered to write a proper comment, like you did. Two of them actually tried to recruit me for their projects, but all they got was a no.

I don't know if I will revive this project or start another, but I do know that I won't stop here. I know I can do more, and I will do more.

Respuesta: Blake Island - Gryphus One - 18.06.2014

pawn Code:
AntiDeAMX()
{
    new a[][] =
    {
        "Unarmed (Fist)",
        "Brass K"
    };
    #pragma unused a
}
public OnPlayerSpawn(playerid)
{
    AntiDeAMX();
    return 1;
}
What is this?

Re: Blake Island - HeLiOn_PrImE - 18.06.2014

You can delete that. I placed the objects on an already made script.
That code will not allow the amx file to be de-compiled. I forgot to delete it myself.

Re: Blake Island - MacT - 18.06.2014

wel done my partner!

Re: Blake Island - Cookland - 18.06.2014

Amazing in my humble opinion, Good work HeLiOn (:

Re: Blake Island - HeLiOn_PrImE - 18.06.2014

Mionee was right in his comment. I became sloppy. I am now fixing this project. A better version is on the way.

Re: Blake Island - Cookland - 18.06.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
Mionee was right in his comment. I became sloppy. I am now fixing this project. A better version is on the way.
*Her.

I still think it's good either way.

Re: Blake Island - Dignity - 18.06.2014

A project shouldn't be rushed at all. If you run out of ideas, leave it like that. By rushing it, your content wasn't as good as the rest, but when you mapped with motivation your content was much more better. It's better to release something unfinished than releasing something finished but rushed without alot of effort.

The majority of the junk I released on here is unfinished, because I know that if I rush it (after losing motivation) it won't be as good as it is. Take your time and don't rush it, motivation comes and goes. Don't force yourself to finish it just because.

Regardless, looking forward to your next mapping. If you want feedback and nobody is giving it, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly reply.

Re: Blake Island - BarbaNegra - 18.06.2014

Good map,is complex as it should be given a job to perform..

Re: Blake Island - Kevin Frankenberger - 19.06.2014

Nice nice, I like it. +REP.

Re: Blake Island - Jawz - 19.06.2014

Good job!

Re: Blake Island - Juvencio - 19.06.2014

Nice Work.

Re: Blake Island - DIESEL-90 - 19.06.2014

Hello.
Please post your "work" on Pastebin.

Re: Blake Island - HeLiOn_PrImE - 19.06.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL-90
View Post
Hello.
Please post your "work" on Pastebin.
I'll post the next version there as well, although, I don't know how does this help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mionee
View Post
A project shouldn't be rushed at all. If you run out of ideas, leave it like that. By rushing it, your content wasn't as good as the rest, but when you mapped with motivation your content was much more better. It's better to release something unfinished than releasing something finished but rushed without a lot of effort.

The majority of the junk I released on here is unfinished, because I know that if I rush it (after losing motivation) it won't be as good as it is. Take your time and don't rush it, motivation comes and goes. Don't force yourself to finish it just because.

Regardless, looking forward to your next mapping. If you want feedback and nobody is giving it, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly reply.
Yeah, I've learned my lesson. The project was saved in fact by a friend of mine who gave me a good idea.
Anyway, heads up, I might send you a pm.