[Map] Blake Island

BLAKE ISLAND v1.1
by HeLiOn PrImE

Please give a fair rate, after you check the map in game!
ATTENTION:
  • Objects were retextured for this map.
  • The banner only represents the island's shape from above and size.
  • Before you rate this map, make sure you successfully load it and explore it!
  • South of Whetstone, in the middle of the ocean.
Contents:
  • large forest areas
  • a mountain
  • beach
  • warehouses
  • shipwrecks
  • ruins
  • ghost town
  • airport
  • cabins.
Overview:
  • This is basically my first project made entirely from scratch. The making of this map very much consisted of me switching between 3 mapping tools and constantly converting everything I made.
    The image above shows the island without the textures. In game you will notice that all the areas are green. It's not perfect, but if some of you can do a better job, let me know and be my guest!
  • This Island has 1/3 the surface of Los Santos and it's consisted of 707 objects. It's pretty big and has I designed it for manhunt/survival events.
  • Scripting such an event over this map is my next step, but I really am curious of what you guys can come up with.
    I advise, using foggy weather and setting a low streaming/draw distance. Plus, if you're gonna throw players in those conditions, you should hide their name tags to make them invisible on the map.
    Hiding and planing ambushes will be easier and more fun.
  • Below you have a set of pictures and a download link.
Install steps:
  • place streamer.dll or streamer.so in the plugins folder
  • add "plugins streamer.so" (or streamer.dll) in your server.cfg
  • place the script in the filterscripts folder
  • add "BlakeIsland" on the filterscripts line in server.cfg
  • run the server
Update Notes:
  • Added a ghost town south-west of the main island.
  • Added an abandoned airfield north west of the main island.
  • Added more trees, so the forests are a bit larger.
  • Added one more lighthouse north of the main island.
  • Added bridges that connect all the island areas.
  • Added a cabin in the northern forest.
  • Remade all the textures. All the island parts now fit nicely into each-other
  • Blake Island now has 707 objects and it's 1/3 the size of Los Santos.
Note:
  • This map is coded for the use with Incognito's Streamer Plugin.
  • The draw/streaming distances are defined in the first lines of the script. They are currently set to 350.0.
  • The teleport command is /blake. You will be spawned at the ruins in the island core.
  • You are allowed to modify this map to best suit your server, but you are NOT allowed to release it
    under your own name. If you release scripts based on this map, you are required to mention me in the credits.
Slideshow: Download Link:

Very cool !

Good job!

Good Job

Nicely done.

Expected a little more to be honest.

I'll leave my concerns with constructive feedback though, hopefully you'll consider them positive.

Alot of areas need polishing and there are some areas that just seem thrown onto each other. The docks are an example. There's objects going through each other and it's a incomplete area in my opinion. It really gives off the impression that you just added the area "just because".

Also, at the Big Ear map, you've basically just scattered tree objects all over the road and parking lot. You could've put another warehouse there or atleast have done something more constructive than that. (:

Despite the above, very nice map. It's really good for your first project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mionee
View Post
Expected a little more to be honest.

I'll leave my concerns with constructive feedback though, hopefully you'll consider them positive.

A lot of areas need polishing and there are some areas that just seem thrown onto each other. The docks are an example. There's objects going through each other and it's a incomplete area in my opinion. It really gives off the impression that you just added the area "just because".

Also, at the Big Ear map, you've basically just scattered tree objects all over the road and parking lot. You could've put another warehouse there or atleast have done something more constructive than that. (:

Despite the above, very nice map. It's really good for your first project.
I checked all day for this feedback and not just "good job" and "nicely done". Thank you for this, and you're right.
The truth is, my free time just went off. I held this on hold for to these couple of weeks, but I ran out of ideas.
There are many things I could have done better. Maybe research a little more on texturing and polish those hills a little better. Work some better ideas for those docks.
The idea was having an island with different environments.

I did what I could with the time I had. From that point of view, I can say that I am pleased. Overall, it's kind of a failure, because it isn't how I've imagined it. Some of the land pieces somehow moved away from each other (probably from the to many conversions), and for that I feel the worst. Like ripping my hair off my head.

I've opened a topic in search of ideas, but the people who posted weren't....well....They didn't bothered to write a proper comment, like you did. Two of them actually tried to recruit me for their projects, but all they got was a no.

I don't know if I will revive this project or start another, but I do know that I won't stop here. I know I can do more, and I will do more.

pawn Code:
AntiDeAMX()
{
    new a[][] =
    {
        "Unarmed (Fist)",
        "Brass K"
    };
    #pragma unused a
}
public OnPlayerSpawn(playerid)
{
    AntiDeAMX();
    return 1;
}
What is this?

You can delete that. I placed the objects on an already made script.
That code will not allow the amx file to be de-compiled. I forgot to delete it myself.

wel done my partner!

Amazing in my humble opinion, Good work HeLiOn (:

Mionee was right in his comment. I became sloppy. I am now fixing this project. A better version is on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
Mionee was right in his comment. I became sloppy. I am now fixing this project. A better version is on the way.
*Her.

I still think it's good either way.

A project shouldn't be rushed at all. If you run out of ideas, leave it like that. By rushing it, your content wasn't as good as the rest, but when you mapped with motivation your content was much more better. It's better to release something unfinished than releasing something finished but rushed without alot of effort.

The majority of the junk I released on here is unfinished, because I know that if I rush it (after losing motivation) it won't be as good as it is. Take your time and don't rush it, motivation comes and goes. Don't force yourself to finish it just because.

Regardless, looking forward to your next mapping. If you want feedback and nobody is giving it, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly reply.

Good map,is complex as it should be given a job to perform..

Nice nice, I like it. +REP.

Good job!

Nice Work.

Hello.
Please post your "work" on Pastebin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL-90
View Post
Hello.
Please post your "work" on Pastebin.
I'll post the next version there as well, although, I don't know how does this help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mionee
View Post
A project shouldn't be rushed at all. If you run out of ideas, leave it like that. By rushing it, your content wasn't as good as the rest, but when you mapped with motivation your content was much more better. It's better to release something unfinished than releasing something finished but rushed without a lot of effort.

The majority of the junk I released on here is unfinished, because I know that if I rush it (after losing motivation) it won't be as good as it is. Take your time and don't rush it, motivation comes and goes. Don't force yourself to finish it just because.

Regardless, looking forward to your next mapping. If you want feedback and nobody is giving it, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly reply.
Yeah, I've learned my lesson. The project was saved in fact by a friend of mine who gave me a good idea.
Anyway, heads up, I might send you a pm.