What is your opinion about SA-MP and Kalcor?

Hi everybody, friends. I'm from Turkey. I think this will be valuable.
((Note: I've been playing samp since 2013. Ignore the forum registration date.))
((Note 2: I'm sorry, my English is not good, I may have mistakes..))

Anyway, let's get back to the topic;

This will be my first subject. As you can see in the topic:

What is your opinion about SA-MP and Kalcor?
Quote:

What kind of thought ?

SA-MP followers.

Ask a question? - Or if you have any information, please share with us.
  • Do you find Kalcor successful?
  • Do you follow Kalcor like fans? ((Threads and comments he has made in the Forum))
  • Do you like the development of sa-mp?
  • Kalcor so sa-mp why did you choose ?
  • How will the sa-mp project affect you if canceled or closed?
I've done a lot of research on Kalcor / Kye.

I don't know how true that is. Samp interview in 2008.
(Note: speeches were given as uNi: (question) and Kye: (answer).)
Link: > (( click here ))

In 2015, developers were asked questions and one person was answered. (2015)

QUESTION:

REPLY:

Another thing that really upset me. (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike861
View Post
I started making a gamemode from scratch again yesterday, it really developed just in a day in terms of basic features but i'm afraid that the more complex features in future will be pain in the ass to make. I'm constantly questioning myself "Why are you doing this, and why are you wasting your time?". The game is old as hell, i didn't have a chance to create my own gamemode and host it and enjoy seeing players playing on it while it still had alot of players. I want to hear it from you, is it worth my or anyones time to put effort in a 13 year old multiplayer modification?

Edit: Considering that kalcor left himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Yeah, I'm done. I haven't officially called it because there's always a chance of a security update or something.

Nobody who has been around as long as me still plays this game. If they're here at all, it's only to chat with people they met years ago.

You're wasting your time writing a SA-MP script from scratch, unless it's something that interests you. There are already loads of scripts out there.

You wouldn't start a SA-MP server in 2019. If you want to make something involving SA-MP, build a gaming community with a forum etc and run multiple games.

I've been planning to move to linux desktop for a long time. There's a shift in that direction among computing professionals and scientists.

I opened a similar topic in these areas: https://www.gtamulti.com/forum/index.php?topic=14812.0

(( in my case you can already see. ))

My opinion. I don't want to go into too many special things, it might bother him. (@Kalcor)
  • A person I love and follow.
My opinion: I think he's tired of us. Everyone is putting pressure on him, which makes him move away from us. But that will upset us if sa-mp is turned off.

Because: I don't care about the sa-mp gain. That's how I imagine Kalcor. I think he's looking for the real world. The man who spends his life in an indoor house and constantly sa-mp. The girl wants to hang out with her friends and wants a fast food restaurant.

(my imagination is like that)

Joke aside:
It hurts to see Kalcor put us aside.

SA-MP is extremely multicultural and varied in terms of its players. People have made amazing creations and like the real world, it has advanced in terms of technological discoveries. For example, in 2011, it would seem absurd to have such things we have available to us on SA-MP today.

I see SA-MP as successful, just not widely publicised. Like any other modification, it's not usually advertised as much as an official online version would be advertised (e.g. GTA Online). It would be wrong to say SA-MP is dying, but it would be wrong to say it isn't. There isn't really a fixed view on its strength in terms of the player base. If you're talking about players, yeah, it's dropped. But if you're talking about servers & unique ideas, I think although there are copies of people's success, there are still generic projects.

Kalcor is an extremely skilled HUMAN. I'm going to emphasise that word because I'm going to give you a scenario:

Imagine you made a modification for fun for one of the largest games at the time (GTA:SA). The project is still alive > 10 years. There are people pestering you to update a game that you have very little interest for anymore. You made it as a project and it seemed like a good idea at the time but now you're trying to move on with your life and explore different opportunities. Despite explaining things to everyone (which is extremely difficult considering the different demographics on SAMP), you're still being begged.

Yeah, not ideal. Kalcor deserves freedom. He made the modification and although people detest his decisions sometimes, it's his modification and it's his call which will be final. You don't like what Kalcor decides? Say thanks for offering your time to make a mod that we all take for granted and get the fuck outta here!

The problem with doing something for other people is these people often keep demanding for more.

Kalcor (and fellow developers) spent a lot of his time, energy and knowledge to provide us with a free to play multiplayer platform to create or join communities. Personally I enjoyed every update that he made, despite I haven't played since +/- 2018 or so, but I never took the features for granted. I am thankful for Kalcor's commitment, his work was the source of tons of hours of fun for me and the energy he put into this really deserves respect.

I personally believe that the people who keep demanding for more are just being selfish. But in the end being selfish is human nature so I can't really blame them.

Whatever will happen to SA-MP i must say thank you for all the work that has been done behind the desk.

SA-MP made me know awesome people and teached me a lot of things.

This is my (short) opinion about.

we should be happy SA-MP survived(surviving) as long as it is/did.

I grew up playing this game, I know alot of people across the world because of SA-MP.

that leaves me to say, Thank you for everyone involved in the Creation of SA-MP.

Even if it does die out one day, The memories will always be on the internet somewhere.

Edit: Also the next generation does not deserve SA-MP, they are all spoiled brats that grew up with games that we would only dream of back in the day...