Ask the Developers!

Hello folks,

I've noticed that people have many many questions that are just left unanswered, some because they are absolutely pointless but also some that are just not seen by the developers. I thought I post a topic where people can throw in their questions to the developers in hope that they might someday get an answer. This thread then functions as a kind of collection of questions which makes it easier for the devs rather than browing through the entire forums. You can also ask questions to beta testers or other members of the dev team. I will occasionally collect all questions and answers if they are given.

Important!
I stronlgy urge you to ask proper questions, not stuff like "when will the next SA:MP version be released?!". Please show some respect and don't get on the devs nerves, because they do a hell lot for us.

To the entire development team

1. What makes the development of SA:MP so hard?

2. Did any of expect any of this to be as popular as it is?

3. Did you expect as many hackers and of the sort?

4. You've started a lot of people's development careers. How do you feel about kickstarting other's careers?

5. What would speak against skimming through a player's GTA SA directory in search for cheating tools when connecting to a server?

To the beta testers

1. How does your suggestion policy with Kalcor work? Do you just pass suggestions from the users to him or do you get to decide too?

2. How many of you are actually working on the SAMP client?

3. How did you become a beta tester in the first place? By personal invitation from Kalcor? What were the "official requirements"?

To Kalcor

1. What made you create SA-MP? Did you think it would get the fame it has now? (Do you make any money from SA-MP?)

2. Do you have some sort of vision of what the "finished product" of SA:MP will look like?

3. How do you decide what's about to come in the next SA:MP version? Is everything carefully planned or do you look spontaneously for what people need?

4. Would it pay off to hire some more people to work on the SA:MP source code with you?

To Matite

1. Since you're the one working on the objects: What program do you use to design 3D models? How do you transfer the GTA SA map to that particular program?

Answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matite
View Post
I use 3ds Max 2014 64 bit with Kam's and Deniska's GTASA plugins.

You can import individual models or the entire map with Kam's GTASA plugin.
http://gamerxserver.com/images/SFE-3ds-Max-1.png
http://gamerxserver.com/images/SFE-Render-1.png
2. How long is the average working time on modifying/creating a model for SA:MP? For example, how much time have you spent on those 240 objects for 0.3.7?

3. Did Kalcor give you any restrictions for the creation of new objects or did he just give you the floor and let you come up with your own ideas?

To dugi

1. When do you change BR/PT moderators? The current ones seem to hiner the development.

Great.

I hope people take this seriously and i really hope not to see childish reactions once again, And i think yeah, A topic like this should have been made already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyula
View Post
To Matite

1. Since you're the one working on the objects: What program do you use to design 3D models? How do you transfer the GTA SA map to that particular program?
I use 3ds Max 2014 64 bit with Kam's and Deniska's GTASA plugins.

You can import individual models or the entire map with Kam's GTASA plugin.

Hope that answers your questions.

Question for Kalcor
What made you create SA-MP,did you think it would get the fame it has now?Do you make any money from SA-MP?

Question for Beta Testers

How many of you are actually working on SAMP client?

To all beta testers
How did you become a beta tester in the first place? By personal invitation from Kalcor? What were the "official requirements"?

To Kalcor
Do you have some sort of vision of what the "finished product" of SA:MP will look like?

How do you decide what's about to come in the next SA:MP version? Is everything carefully planned or do you look spontaneously for what people need?

@AllDev's: Did any of expect any of this to be as popular as it is? Did you expect as many hackers and of the sort? Plus, you've started a lot of people's development careers. For example, I always wanted to work with computers when I was young, and I never decided to work with code because it looked so scary! When I started scripting SA-MP servers I was completely clueless, from that I came here asking noob questions all the time. Now I have quite a bit of knowledge, and I have began learning a few other languages. How do you feel about kickstarting other's careers?

EDIT: I just want to add, you've also contributed to Slice's programming; this was said on the "Official Ideas Thread."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
View Post
Tutorials (video preferably) for SA-MP scripting meant not only for those who run servers, but also for people interested in learning programming.

People completely unfamiliar to GTA:SA and programming would be able to learn not only how to create SA-MP servers, but also the basic concepts of programming (functions, data structures, bits & bytes, loops, math, etc.).

I see many people bored to death learning C in school because they have to make some simple command-line programs that really aren't cool or interesting - that's not the way to introduce people to programming!

I mean, being able to control the entire little GTA:SA world is pretty amazing! I can honestly say if I had never been into programming for SA-MP I probably wouldn't have been working as a programmer right now.
I really want to see an answer to my last question.

Question to the developers
What are some of the stuff that will be added in the next update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKnoxx
View Post
Question to the developers

What are some of the stuff that will be added in the next update?
Guys. Please read the "Important"-section of the first post! It is absolutely obvious that nobody is going to answer such questions.

@Developers

Is there a possibility one day players will be able to establish a connection with others via SA:MP client to introduce a possible friends list, rather than relying on other Third-party software for communication?

@Developers
1. їHow were admitted to the team?
2. їWhat you learned regarding when programming was for initiative or in Educational Studies?

updated to my server

I've updated to first post so far. Seems like some people don't bother reading it, so I sorted some questions out.

Matite was the only kind enough to answer :P
Hats off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy_
View Post
Matite was the only kind enough to answer :P
Hats off
Next will be ******. *guesses*

I actually have a real question not like yours (personal)

Does SA-MP 0.3.7 work with all the fonts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
View Post
I actually have a real question not like yours (personal)

Does SA-MP 0.3.7 work with all the fonts?
As I replied to your other post in some other topic, it works with all english normal fonts(some fonts are of huge size and all, it will work but it looks buggy because of the size).

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhouse2k4
View Post
@Developers

Is there a possibility one day players will be able to establish a connection with others via SA:MP client to introduce a possible friends list, rather than relying on other Third-party software for communication?
Of course there's and I support this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
View Post
Of course there's and I support this!
you will also support when you computer is being rapped by some russian kid with rage problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoraivoso3
View Post
you will also support when you computer is being rapped by some russian kid with rage problems?
nope....