Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willttoonn
View Post
Hello Kalcor,

I saw in some posts that you have no interest in continuing with 0.3.DL in a future 0.3.7 to 0.3.9 upgrade. I believe what I will say has already been said by the major roleplay servers, in the Brazilian community I believe my server is the largest and one of the only ones that uses version 0.3.DL in order to take advantage of it to the extreme.

I'd like to try to get you to change your idea of ​​discontinuing 0.3.DL updates, in fact I don't see what can be more updated in the release other than security enhancements by following major version updates and adding other possibilities of customizations such as animations, vehicles and etc.

Currently my server has 1.155 custom mod files (skins and objects), we have done promising things over the last two years with this possibility, we have leveraged our server in development aspects that we could not even dream of in the past years.

Regarding the amount of players, this is not something that directly affects roleplay servers, after all, they all have whitelist and account creation is not simply going through the internet or hosted tab and playing, it has to go to the site, apply and get approved to play. This already makes it very difficult for new players to join. Just like LSRP, my server has lost a considerable amount of players this year, before we had 180 to 200 players online, we currently have 110 to 140 on a day to day basis and it's not the mod's fault but the infinite possibilities that players have. have nowadays to occupy their time on the computer.

My text is long, I hope you have read at least here. I will present what I accomplished along with my community during the years I was with 0.3.DL.
That's it. Kalcor if you still think you should not update to version 0.3.DL, at least keep it up to date with security items that are updated in the major version.
This is one of the best game modes currently, in Brazil this server is the most popular among all the others, Kalcor, I hope you don't stop the updates here.

We don't want to hear how bad were MTA developers, we just want to see that something is happening with samp (updates, etc.). But even if there was activity, if sa-mp would went open-source, it's death is inevitable due to gta v's multiplayer mods, people who start multiplayer on gta v don't have any grounds to go back to sa-mp, people play sa-mp because of sentiment, they haven't found any other mods or they have weak pc, so the population of sa-mp players is decerasing.
For us samp is very sentimental, we learned new language(s) especially for it, we spent a lot of hours playing it, a lot of very good hours meeting new friends etc. It's sad now to see that it's dying, but thats the course of things, i think there is not much to do to help sa-mp surviving, we just can slowly watch how it dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVson
View Post
We don't want to hear how bad were MTA developers, we just want to see that something is happening with samp (updates, etc.). But even if there was activity, if sa-mp would went open-source, it's death is inevitable due to gta v's multiplayer mods, people who start multiplayer on gta v don't have any grounds to go back to sa-mp, people play sa-mp because of sentiment, they haven't found any other mods or they have weak pc, so the population of sa-mp players is decerasing.
For us samp is very sentimental, we learned new language(s) especially for it, we spent a lot of hours playing it, a lot of very good hours meeting new friends etc. It's sad now to see that it's dying, but thats the course of things, i think there is not much to do to help sa-mp surviving, we just can slowly watch how it dies.
I agree with this, many really learned commonplace things, such as communication, contacting with other people, and now their favorite modification of these people is dying before their eyes. They really do not want to hear about how Kalcor worked alone in the MTA team, how bad the developers were, and so on.

Kalcor, we believe in your strength, you're a pretty cool dude, please do something really cool and listen to your community, we do not wish you any harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydalglish
View Post
Can you explain why LS-RP nymphs are for you? In the Russian community there are servers with the largest online
he is racist

I noticed the critics on duty ... I think as much as they can be experienced and respectful people, they should put themselves in the place of the other, I believe that no programmer is obliged to keep his project or be forever programming it, so for Please respect the situation and understand your reasons ... I myself came back a few months ago to launch something on my server, and that was promising, almost 4 years ago with my active server!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus
View Post
I'm auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver still working on my server, yeah.
it has still the features or capable of things that you can't script. I hope you get the point.

Quote:
View Post
Hello Kalcor,

I saw in some posts that you have no interest in continuing with 0.3.DL in a future 0.3.7 to 0.3.9 upgrade. I believe what I will say has already been said by the major roleplay servers, in the Brazilian community I believe my server is the largest and one of the only ones that uses version 0.3.DL in order to take advantage of it to the extreme.

I'd like to try to get you to change your idea of ​​discontinuing 0.3.DL updates, in fact I don't see what can be more updated in the release other than security enhancements by following major version updates and adding other possibilities of customizations such as animations, vehicles and etc.

Currently my server has 1.155 custom mod files (skins and objects), we have done promising things over the last two years with this possibility, we have leveraged our server in development aspects that we could not even dream of in the past years.

Regarding the amount of players, this is not something that directly affects roleplay servers, after all, they all have whitelist and account creation is not simply going through the internet or hosted tab and playing, it has to go to the site, apply and get approved to play. This already makes it very difficult for new players to join. Just like LSRP, my server has lost a considerable amount of players this year, before we had 180 to 200 players online, we currently have 110 to 140 on a day to day basis and it's not the mod's fault but the infinite possibilities that players have. have nowadays to occupy their time on the computer.

My text is long, I hope you have read at least here. I will present what I accomplished along with my community during the years I was with 0.3.DL.
That's it. Kalcor if you still think you should not update to version 0.3.DL, at least keep it up to date with security items that are updated in the major version.
I agree with you.
The DL version cannot be abandoned.

You always say that there are more server on 0.3.7 than are on 0.3 DL. Of course there are more on 0.3.7 because you always say "the DL version is not finished". Owners on 0.3.7 won't move on 0.3 DL because you discourage them.

There is always something to do but you simply don't want to do it and that's all. You say that SA-MP is going down, of course it is because you're not doing anything about it, you just let it die. If you would do some updates the situation would be different from what it is now. Not saying that after one update 50k players would come back to SA-MP. Maybe 5-10k. If you see some game you played that got an update, you would try it again to remember the time you used to play it. If they're not seeing anything intresting in it, of course they will give 0 attention to it.

Players keep asking on for updates on 0.3 DL since jan 2018. I know also owners with a community with 3 SA-MP server and a playerbase of 800 per server. They said they will move to the DL verions only if it's going to be updated, nobody will move to a beta version that you're not sure about that's gonna be supported.

I love SA-MP, I still play it sometime, I grew up with SA-MP and spent some years around here. I would like to see some updates and come back one day, I have friends that are waiting them too, like me. Got friends that played some after the 0.3.8 was released. They later quit when it was announced that 0.3.8 will be a branch of SA-MP.

I'm not pointing a finger at you, saying that all of this is you fault, no. All I want to say it's that you could let other developers that you trusted to keep going with the project, or just keep it by yourself. Everybody has a personal life, has a job and a family, but they have free time too.

It's just my personal opinion, as I said, I'm not pointing any finger at you.

Please Kalcor, if you made the 0.3.9 release, add new objects, functions and fixes.

RemoveVehicleMarkers
HideHud (money, mini-map...)

And others functions

Hi Kalcor. I am a scripter on a yet little-known project in the Russian-speaking SA:MP. You have already written a lot about this, but you haven’t been. Everyone already knows that you plan to make a version of SA:MP 0.3.9, we joyfully began to find out more information about this and were gently told upset. Why do you refuse to support such a wonderful function as loading your models into the game? Yes, no doubt, there is a lot of work to be done in this direction, but nevertheless, with the help of this function, developers of SA: MP projects will open a new vector of progress in creating interesting systems. Please listen to your community, everyone insists that DL is a proud sigh for SA:MP, I am for it with both hands.
You are very lucky, no sorry, this is your merit, of course, you managed to put together just a beautiful community that still does not leave the sump. You look at the MTA and don’t understand why they deserve such a range of opportunities? They don’t know how to use them, and if SAMP developers were given such opportunities, it would just be a sensation, in short, I’m tired of writing this nonsense, as I see problems with English. I and thousands of other people just pray that you will take your fist into your fist and yet finally make this fu***ng DL.

Love you Kalcor, make the right choice.

Will you ever open game-mp account registrations again?
It's been a while since you don't allow anymore people to purchase hosted tab listing from there and I don't know why.

I was a little discouraged with 0.3DL just for 3 reasons:

- Server List Separation 0.3.7 and 0.3DL

- 0.3DL client making it impossible for players to log into 0.3.7 servers (yes, in my community some players complain about having to switch between versions to play and it is exhausting)

- As you say, 0.3DL unofficial I just get afraid to continue the project and arrive sometime and abandon the project.

I like the version and have been using it in my project for a long time along with redirect, this has been of great help. I don't want you to abandon this project and continue, if only you would allow the 0.3DL client to make connections to 0.3.7 servers is a great advance! I hope for 2 years that this version is definitive to change the course of SA-MP

If you were to suggest one more function for 0.3.9, it could be HideVehicleIconMap ()

ps:I'm happy. you are serving the community. I hope you change your mind and definitely release 0.3DL as 0.3.9

Kalcor

Not to just be in an endless chat.

Everything that has been said on this topic.

- Security updates
- DL and 0.3.7 Together
- Make the final major version by joining DL and 0.3.7 by publishing to the page
- Bug Fixes
- Opening of source code to aid development was discussed early
- Do not remove version DL
- Deselect classes (leaving this function optional)
- Allow HUD, such as money, weapons, minimap to be hidden
- Add voice chat
- Limitation of Modifications
- Custom animations, custom weapons, custom cars, animated objects
- Security release to lower hackers
- Changed memory addresses and ids
- By adding the filter "No Downloads" in client, players could search for prefered servers
- Release 0.3.9 as the official version
- Fix issues left over from previous versions
- Update SQLite to latest
- Disable/ enable vehicle map icons
- On screen text label that work like textdraw
- On player hover text draw callback
- Per textdraw hover color
- Emoji support for game chat
- Increase objects and 3dtexts limit
- We need a new font to make small texts, because the current ones are unreadable when we use smaller resolutions
- I just don't think there is a point of 0.3.9 if you won't implement a built-in downloader system (that will allow to update the client without having to go on websites) and such. Let alone a merge with the 2 versions
- CreateMenu Removal (or CreateMenu Return)
- Could the default mod shops and spray shops be disabled for 0.3.9
- Rework some keys, some have two keys for the same function
- Suggestion for the next 0.3.9 update is to add discord-rich presence
- Chat box support for other languages

There are other things, there are several ideas scattered throughout the posts.

Note: It would be a mistake for you to go to 0.3.9 and not take DL along.

An updated client for the 21st century which has the ability to automatically update the game, has a news feed of the latest updates from the community etc. may actually make sense and might help in some way to fix the problems that split into two branches of the game caused to be honest.

Just looking at some of the guides on how to install SA-MP onto steam for example, and other similar guides about the game on POPULAR VIDEO SHARING SITE and a lot of them are linking directly to older versions of the game. 0.3.7 seems to be the main version they're linking to, not DL.

I think it's very unlikely that this will ever get made, but if you have any interest in keeping this mod alive and taking steps to improve the playerbase then I personally think this would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
View Post
An updated client for the 21st century which has the ability to automatically update the game, has a news feed of the latest updates from the community etc. may actually make sense and might help in some way to fix the problems that split into two branches of the game caused to be honest.

Just looking at some of the guides on how to install SA-MP onto steam for example, and other similar guides about the game on POPULAR VIDEO SHARING SITE and a lot of them are linking directly to older versions of the game. 0.3.7 seems to be the main version they're linking to, not DL.
He could leave the optional upgrade to the client, but it would only be possible to enter a new server version only if he upgraded.

The server owner could only exchange a few lines and the server would already be up to date, with automatic download of the .exe files.

Quote:
View Post

I think it's very unlikely that this will ever get made, but if you have any interest in keeping this mod alive and taking steps to improve the playerbase then I personally think this would help.
Great idea, the possibility of launcher with automatic update is a great idea.

Quote:
View Post

I like this idea. If we're going to move forward in SA-MP, it needs to adapt to everyone's needs. Of course, I wouldn't count on this happening- I guess we're extremely lucky to even have a thread with so much discussion on it. However, this should be one of the things that are included if Kalcor is willing to please the community and advance SAMP.

Quote:
View Post
Great idea, the possibility of launcher with automatic update is a great idea.
I'm pretty sure Kalcor said he disliked the idea of an "automatic" updater awhile back, but it could be feasible if tweaked e.g. a pop-up message on the side of the client that informs of news/updates, etc.

Kalcor

I understand that you got discouraged in the past because of version 0.3.8, something that the community has asked for so much and misused, but I want you to understand sa-mp only works if you have players on the servers, you can't move to a version that don't be official, as you now seem to want to do 0.3.9, be ready to make it official, I'm sure the servers will be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYO
View Post
I'm pretty sure Kalcor said he disliked the idea of an "automatic" updater awhile back, but it could be feasible if tweaked e.g. a pop-up message on the side of the client that informs of news/updates, etc.
Maybe leaving the optional option would be a big step.

This mod should have already been turned off / deleted. A mod where the developer does not support the bugs in the code itself, forcing server developers to fix the bugs (pathetic). The remaining players are looking for Kalcor for crumbs.