Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
Even with the 20-30k, SA-MP would be in Top 20, beating all the multi-million companies with their new games.
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Probably fake. I'd say sa-mp peaks around 20,000-30,000. The highest server peak was around 6000 and total players around 60,000. So, it's about 30% of where it was during the peak.

It doesn't matter anyway. The best times for me in sa-mp were probably during 0.2 when the player peak was only 4000-8000.
Sa-Mp has almost the same amount as MTA

Be sure to note how much Kalcor is dedicated and dedicated to years in the community, I really see that I lost a lot of time not updating my server, today I see the power it still has and the chances we have, but of course if really Kalcor cheer up!

I have a specific suggestion in the current situation, but from my low knowledge I don't know if this is possible, but I should leave this suggestion message here ... I noticed what many people say about adapting in SA-MP on Steam, I already think That should be an option for SA-MP there, and keep it there, I don't know if this is possible, but it may affect players to know the platform, it could be added as recent client / server updates.

About a version so commented on in recent years, which is a 0.3DL version, an entity is created that allows this secondary client to be possible, there may be a function to activate the server in this version or not, as an example, configure on the server. cfg if version server, warn client before login and login, actually request download, and if not version server, it comes in normally and can play without downloading anything, but of course I do not use if this is possible.

One other thing that could be implemented on the platform is the way it is conducted by the SA-MP team, with the most monitoring (I believe the forum members would do it for free), working to figure out issues like the terms of service in SA -MP, as we have a current problem with servers that use artificial players, and this is a way to benefit from the others who pay to be on HOSTED-TAB, ie ban or IP from the server that uses this type of tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan
View Post
Sa-Mp has almost the same amount as MTA
Well, there you go. That's what killed sa-mp. We basically developed role play on GTA. Then MTA and a bunch of GTAV emulators ripped us off.

Or maybe MTA has currently more players than it would have without the custom content. Anyways, MTA extremelly overuses the downloadable content, but even with DL feature, SA-MP is still SA-MP, it can't change the game completely. I still think that major english servers would use the DL wisely for enhancing the current gameplay and not MTA-like.

Quote:
View Post
Well, there you go. That's what killed sa-mp. We basically developed role play on GTA. Then MTA and a bunch of GTAV emulators ripped us off.
It's one of those snowball effects where people keep up with what's trending and end up doing the same thing to appease the masses. A lot of people back in the day used to role play on habbo rpg before coming to SA-MP to explore the freedom and possibilities of server-sided content that other games could not deliver on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYO
View Post
It's one of those snowball effects where people keep up with what's trending and end up doing the same thing to appease the masses. A lot of people back in the day used to role play on habbo rpg before coming to SA-MP to explore the freedom and possibilities of server-sided content that other games could not deliver on.
You actually have to see what possibilities you get in gtav :/

Quote:
View Post
Or maybe MTA has currently more players than it would have without the custom content. Anyways, MTA extremelly overuses the downloadable content, but even with DL feature, SA-MP is still SA-MP, it can't change the game completely. I still think that major english servers would use the DL wisely for enhancing the current gameplay and not MTA-like.
This I agree with you, MTA abuses the modifications too much, but still has players.

Some time ago I said that sa-mp was not made for modifications, but today I see that it needs to have some modifications.

The limitation of sa-mp is big and bad for modifications, it has barriers like class selection, something that was made for one game mode only.

I believe, what makes the major difference are the vehicles. Look at unofficial mp for GTA V, every single server uses "real" vehicles, there is no chance to find server with default vehicles. That's annoying. But the current DL in SA-MP features only skins and object models (luckily, I think), that can't be used to make completely different game. Looking at the large SA-MP servers, they really adopted the DL reasonably.

Quote:
View Post
I don't think sa-mp is dead, if he were, we wouldn't be talking now about a possible new version.

I'm not in a same position I was when previous versions were released.

I've lost ls-rp, crazybob's, gamerx, partyserver, rc-rp. I wouldn't get too excited about any new release.

Quote:
View Post

I've lost ls-rp, crazybob's, gamerx, partyserver, rc-rp. I wouldn't get too excited about any new release.
I think you should reflect and let new ways come up.

But LS-RP and RC-RP can only benefit from the 0.3.9 with DL, as they would switch to official version. And even though Crazybob's, GamerX and Partyserver are losing players, I think some other servers on the other hand are gaining players, namely Horizon RP, WTLS and IM-RP.

If I compare weekly average player count exactly year ago and now (from my own stats):

WTLS: 135.6 -> 201.3
Horizon RP: 121.6 -> 142.5
IM-RP: 48.7 -> 51.5
LS-RP: 102.3 -> 77.3
RC-RP: 43.3 -> 22.4
Crazybob's: 92,1 -> 53
GamerX: 17.9 -> 5.7
------------------------
Total: 561,5 -> 553,7

It is only slight decrease.

If I can help somehow, how you were used to, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Quote:
View Post

I'm literally right here. I still work on RCRP's gamemode daily. Even though the whole beta team bridge was burned, I'm still willing to brainstorm and provide input at a moment's notice. Even without me and the other servers you've listed, there's still other people in the community that run popular servers.

Quote:
View Post
But LS-RP and RC-RP can only benefit from the 0.3.9 with DL, as they would switch to official version. And even though Crazybob's, GamerX and Partyserver are losing players, I think some other servers on the other hand are gaining players, namely Horizon RP, WTLS and IM-RP.

If I compare weekly average player count exactly year ago and now (from my own stats):

WTLS: 135.6 -> 201.3
Horizon RP: 121.6 -> 142.5
IM-RP: 48.7 -> 51.5
LS-RP: 102.3 -> 77.3
RC-RP: 43.3 -> 22.4
Crazybob's: 92,1 -> 53
GamerX: 17.9 -> 5.7
------------------------
Total: 561,5 -> 553,7

It is only slight decrease.
Not to mention other servers from other countries.

Russia, Brazil...

Quote:
View Post

Like players, servers also come and go. It's an old game, some old server owners are still kicking, but most of them have moved on to different things in their lives. That's what has always happened.

It's said the first decision is the best one. Your initial decision was to go with model downloading. If this shall indeed be the final version, you should go with DL, regardless of what your intuition now might tell you. If the end of SA-MP is inevitable, it matters not if it would become closer due to it. Going on with model downloading and uniting the community seems like a happy ending, especially if all the time you'd spent on downloading would go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan
View Post
Not to mention other servers from other countries.

Russia, Brazil...
Yes, of course. I was only comparing those most known large english servers.

Kalcor

Sa-mp still has great potential, Just missing big updates and an active team, even if you are not always active, that someone can be responsible, let new directions, let new generations know your work ...

Suggestion for the next 0.3.9 update is to add discord-rich presence, this helps spread SAMP into discord

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYO
View Post
To me, this thread appears to be running its course and taking direction in circles. Imagine if all the people here poured energy into productively helping the mod and making something more of it. With that, we'd be at 0.4 in a week. (figure of speech)

One of the things that bother me Kalcor is you choose to be villainized, you have the power to change it - you can redeem your "imagine" in the snap of a finger but you're not making that move, why?

You're a bright dude, you managed to pull it all off after countless of backstabs and frustration the MTA team gave you. You made it from scratch without Rockstar's support and it got popular, it trended and people stuck. Clap to that, but you have your flaws and stupid decisions as per se, not to be biased.

In my opinion, this fiasco was bound to happen and will again if nothing is resolved, there were already 6 this year alone, people are just ready to burst from time to time in the hopes of getting answers and seeing progress. Like truly, I think you have the skills and potential in you to pull what Rockstar pulled to their competitors. (https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Opposition_Memorial)
  • Why don't you use a polling system on these forums to get results from players about certain topics? Literally, all your official posts get buried, therefore establish proper ways of communication i.e. poll system.
  • Unite the two (3?) versions together as a way of unison and stability between the player masses alongside DL.
  • SA-MP in one stable version will be the unison needed to crush the opposition i.e. MTA.

There's a lot of people here that are willing to offer voluntary support for the greater good of the mod, be it gta-modding, development or even marketing - why not make use of it?
I agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarelinhoxx
View Post
Suggestion for the next 0.3.9 update is to add discord-rich presence, this helps spread SAMP into discord
That would also help