Is it still worth it?

If 0.3.DL is going to be sidelined, could it at the very least receive all the improvement updates the main branch receives (in the future) such as bug fixes/limit increases or is that out of the question?

Ideally I would prefer the 0.3.DL branch gets every new feature the main branch gets as well but I'll settle for bug fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodrigoMSR
View Post
A function to disable collision between onfoot players would be nice.
There is TogglePlayerGhostMode in YSF that can do this (not perfect but mostly usable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I'm pushing ahead with 0.3.9 and it won't have any downloading feature enabled.

DL will still be available here on the forum. Maybe I'll get around to fixing the breakable fences bug in DL one day.

If you have some ideas for small improvements in 0.3.9, I'm listening.

For example, there are a few new skins floating around that could be added to the 0.3.9 installer.
For the server:
Bring back the update that mysteriously gone missing in the newer version...
Quote:
View Post
- The player's current weapon ID was not correctly reported to pawn scripts when they were passengering in a vehicle.
There are also few fixes/tweaks added in 0.3DL beside of the model features that'd be good to add in 0.3.9, what i'm interested on is this:
Quote:
View Post
The textdraw system is likely to be upgraded in future RCs, having features similar to MaterialText, so I'd recommend against using downloaded textures for text messages.
For the a_npc include: there are some outdated #define values (though there are some no use with npc scripts like the MAX_OBJECTS)

For the Client (Not related to GTA):
  • Fix the text input key F6 or ` key working when dialog is showing, as we already know T is already blocked. And i already know that in some situation the dialog wont be called by OnDialogResponse.
  • Fix the confusing "You are banned from this server" message. Make it just to show when the Ban function is actually given by the server, not when the client connection gets rejected by the server or temporary blocked example due to connection cookie problems, new players do not know even know what cookie has to do with their game.
  • Looking at the Freaksken's post, Use the "settings" menu to set whatever client configuration can be set, so during development you add several debug message, it's better to be toggled on manually and not by default. Isn't that why you do not explicitly put samp_debug.exe as the client menu? Maybe also the commands like /dl should be not available when "debug" option is off.
  • Add a quick rejoin button? useful if player get crashed or facing issues with losing connection and "you are banned" i mentioned earlier.. Probably add that in the crash report dialog too.
  • Add setting to disable chatlog and keeping nickname (and the "rejoin server button" if its added), useful for those who concerns privacy or use in public Net Cafe.
  • The nickname field it is 30 max, while 3-24 is acceptable, prompt the error already before they connect to the server.
  • You do not agree with auto updating stuff, how about a menu to check for latest available SA-MP client? Or an auto check update which player have option to check how often, every day/week/month/never. And then just popup the link for download.
Those are just the "small" improvements i can think for now, thanks.

Make it possible to hide hud and radar

• TextDrawSetPos
  • PlayerTextDrawSetPos
  • RecoveryBuildingForPlayer - restore all objects removed through RemoveBuildingForPlayer
  • ToggleHUDComponnent(playerid, componentid, bool:toggle); - disable the hud
  • AttachSoundToVehicleSrc(vehicleid, sound[]); - attach sound to the car
  • forward OnPlayerChangeWeapon(playerid, newweapon, oldweapon);

Could some of the Custscene and Beta skins and Cutscene props be added in 0.3.9?

Custscene and Beta skins: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670250
Custscene props: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670251

And also some lights, which emit light in daytime and don't have any collision? I have released few objects that are perfect for use as neon lights: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670252

Some screenshots:

Quote:
View Post
I'm not throwing anything anyway. All I have to do to enable the downloading feature is
Instead of pointing the finger at me, why don't you guys take a look in the mirror? There are servers that have custom models and new skins, but they don't want other servers having access to them..
Then you will be able to make 0.3.DL 2.0 which includes the new changes, right?
Since it's 2 versions, it would be better to rebrand it as DL.3.9 or something, so you can keep both versions up to date.

I also suggest adding more boards related to DL branch so it can get rolling a bit. I would like to contribute too, even though I never used it due to the fact that it wasn't a main branch.

Bit by bit, until 0.3.10, they could be merged if we as a community get together.

Quote:
View Post
Include the downloader or whatever they call it so that if you release a new update, everyone will download at the same time without having going on forum. This can benefit the DL version.

I'm removing CreateMenu and associated functions from 0.3.9 and future versions because it was added by Y Less and I'd like to eventually remove everything contributed by him.

I haven't come across a server in the last 10 years that uses GTA:SA menus.

Quote:
View Post
I'm removing CreateMenu and associated functions from 0.3.9 and future versions because it was added by Y Less and I'd like to eventually remove everything contributed by him.

Please do not do this. This will break part of my game mod, also I think that it will not only break my game mod.

Quote:
View Post

So my server uses it as well as Liberty Reallife

Quote:
View Post
I think niCe uses it.

Could you please add bong object:

Quote:
View Post
I'm pushing ahead with 0.3.9 and it won't have any downloading feature enabled.

DL will still be available here on the forum. Maybe I'll get around to fixing the breakable fences bug in DL one day.

For example, there are a few new skins floating around that could be added to the 0.3.9 installer.
any possibility of being added voice chat?

(Sorry my english i'm brazilian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24
View Post
Please do not do this. This will break part of my game mod, also I think that it will not only break my game mod.
I already did it months ago. I'm not adding it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarelinhoxx
View Post
any possibility of being added voice chat?

(Sorry my english i'm brazilian)
No. If you want voice chat in sa-mp, use team speak etc.

CreateMenu can be replaced by a script using TextDraws, thus I don't see any problem in removing that. But I hope no more functions will be removed, as that might in fact split community into 3 - 0.3.DL, 0.3.7 and 0.3.9.

Quote:
View Post
I already did it months ago. I'm not adding it back.
Please make an alternative.

My suggestion still stands, did you read it? Adding a downloader would be beneficial.

Quote:
View Post
Please make an alternative.
I did. ShowPlayerDialog

Quote:
View Post

If you're gonna make changes that break compatibility, why not just call the new version 0.4? I can suggest a couple more changes similar to that:

1. Remove the class selection system.
It's pretty old system since 0.1 when Pawn API was poor. Almost no one today uses this system as it present. Most of RP gamemodes uses dirty hacks to evade or hide this class selection. Even for classical DM gamemodes you have to use some hacks to combine it with registration/authrization process and, for example, restoring previous player's class from last game session while class selecting. Nowadays SA-MP version have rich functional to implement gamemodes' own class/skin selection system, and native selection system only causes a problems. Well, some functions like DespawnPlayer need to be added, also replace OnPlayerRequestClass with OnPlayerInitialized (because 1'st call of OnPlayerRequestClass means that player fully connected to the server). And yes, backward compability with all existing scripts will be broken, but will be SA-MP sticked to the old system all along?

2. Improve NPC.
Current NPC system is... how to say it... BAD. Because, firstly, it runs dedicated process for each NPC and emulates real player connection, therefore it takes a lot resources, and secondly, NPCs can only replay recorded actions. The suggestion is as follows: do the "internal" NPCs like CNPC/FCNPC/RNPC plugin does it. And maybe combine it with actors and/or separate player slots and NPC slots. The current NPC system isn't widely used by scripters due to reasons I already mentioned. And plugins is also not widely used because they are unstable and may cause server crashes. Some native solution is needed.

Quote:
View Post
Will you add new dialog style?

Quote:
View Post
New dialog style DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX_HEADERS - http://i.imgur.com/LVh1GHQ.png[/LIST]
Is this or something else?