Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anayks
View Post
There are no ways to create absolute anti-cheat for SA-MP.
There is no way how to create effective anti-cheat for any game. Looking for example at GTA Online, I would definitely say that some SA-MP servers with server-side anticheats are better secured against hackers. And we are comparing unofficial multiplayer mode for 14 years old game with a new game from the official devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24
View Post
Using living people as protection against cheaters is stupid. They also probably want to play and enjoy it, but instead you force living people to do the work that anti-cheat should do.

I know only one anti-cheat, but it is not able to protect against most cheats.
That's because the anti-cheat systems that niCe (for example) is talking about aren't public. And no, having Administrators isn't stupid, they know what they sign up for if they decide to take the job as Administrator, some people just like to help and contribute to a server.

40 percents of this thread are just asking you, Kalcor, for the 0.3dl and 0.3.7 rework.

Last comments contain people who hold 60% of your online multiplayer.
If you really need motivation, all of russian community spectating this thread.
You can make the step.

Cheating like 2012-2016 is dead.
All forums of cheating are dead.
What can we do to give you more motivation for creating update?

To (vaguely) answer the topic title: it depends on what you want.

I started writing from scratch last year, and for me it's worth it because I simply enjoy doing it and SA is still one of my favorite games (yes, even after all this time). Even if, when finished, the server doesn't attract many players, I'd still play it because I love the game (I'm making some kind of aviation server, think flight simulator but less realistic in a GTA setting. So it's possible to play alone, although more fun with multiple players).

It's basically what Kalcor said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
You're wasting your time writing a SA-MP script from scratch, unless it's something that interests you.
Quote:
View Post
0.3.7 server owners report in if you see this. Are you happy with a 0.3.7 update (0.3.9) which just updates packet IDs and memory addresses?
I'm fairly undecided about the potential 0.3.9 update wich just updates packet IDs and addresses. As someone with a non public server without any players there's not much reason for me to say anything, but I'm guessing it might be annoying to the players to perform an update. Some servers might not actually do it if it has no new features, since they might rely on memory access to do specific things (as mentioned by IllidanS4: YSF stuff etc), and this would even further divide the players between 0.3.7/0.3.7DL/0.3.9. But I have no data to back these statements.
(I'd also have to update some harmless client-side CLEO mods I made that read memory from SA-MP, for which I used the source of those hacks to find SA:MP structure addresses)

If there would be an update, I'd like to see some changes what IllidanS4 mentioned, and specifically:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
Increasing the object count to 2000 like it is in DL. Custom models or not, mapping is still popular and 1000 is too little.
Either way, thanks for all your work towards this mod.

Kye, look how many people are sitting in the forum right now. I can’t imagine what will happen if you start developing 0.3.9.

Everyone is watching the future of SA-MP. SA-MP will be relevant ALWAYS!

You should release SA-MP 0.4 with Custom Weapon, Vehicle, Skin and Models + Fixed security breach whyt you said a few pages ago. A lot of people interested abou 0.3DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert1995
View Post
In particular, our community has developed such things as voice chat, a client chromium browser, its own handlers of machine characteristics, broke limits on transports, skins, own synchronization of some elements and much more. This is only 10% of what we have implemented. This is all without taking into account that sometimes we had to correct your mistakes in the network structure, in native functions / events. And also, the biggest achievement of our community, I think, is the development of a mobile client (which now functions without errors).
Those things will never be added to samp officially, I just develop samp how I wanted it. But if that's what your community wants, go ahead and add it.

Players want to be where other players are. The features, scripts are all secondary considerations.

Quote:
View Post
Those things will never be added to samp officially, I just develop samp how I wanted it. But if that's what your community wants, go ahead and add it.

Players want to be where other players are. The features, scripts are all secondary considerations.
But SA-MP mobile is not just secondary scripts. And you know, that it's hard work.
And russian community did created SA-MP Mobile as open-source project.

Do you need link for the play this on Android?

Now there are 5000 players in it.
And the biggest project will release Android SA-MP with full sync in November

I still don't understand how someone can enjoy playing games on 5 inch screen with touch controls. Isn't PC better?

I never authorized any project on Android. You can disrespect peoples work, but then don't be surprised when they go away.

I'm not gonna come in here begging for features or anything like that, but I do think SA-MP should be reunited before you really throw in the towel. Less and less people are coming to 0.3.DL and my server is seeing far less fresh eyes as a result. If I wanted to move back to 0.3.7 for more exposure, I'd have to remove hundreds of custom assets we've made, basically downgrading the server in every way. It's an unfortunate reality that my server, and possibly others, are stuck in because we chose to be early adopters of a version that was sent out to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
I still don't understand how someone can enjoy playing games on 5 inch screen with touch controls. Isn't PC better?
I don't like play games on mobile too (uncomfortable and lost battery) but I think you can connect a gamepad and play good.
But I just see Call Of Duty Mobile (there are more games) and really amazed me what a mobile can do.

Quote:
View Post
I never authorized any project on Android. You can disrespect peoples work, but then don't be surprised when they go away.
All of community want infinity life for this multiplayer.
All want to help you with your multiplayer.
But you just ignore this every post.

Albert1995 said that he can you help with money or anything.
But you just ignore this side of message.
NarutoUA said that he can help you to fix simple bugs of load game and other bugs.
But you just ignore this.
Now 35000+ players are playing in your multiplayer.
But you just ignore this.

If you want help, motivation or support, just say about that.
You have the strong community, but a weak character.
You're searching reasons to do nothing in every message for you.
Can you be more easier as person?

So much developers just want to help you.
You see too many enemies. But there are only friends.

Quote:
View Post
Nobody demands you to add things like voice chat (not very useful in my opinion anyway), that is indeed a large feature to implement, with many caveats and issues that would need to be considered along the way. Something the community would be better at doing. But there are some minor things, like client bugs, server bugs, some visual features etc. which (to my knowledge) wouldn't be so hard to implement. Any step in the development is always appreciated (as evident from the views this has gathered when you said 0.3.9), no matter how small it may seem.

I was surprised when I found out SA-MP 0.1 allowed colored player markers/arrows above their heads. Why not colored objective markers above players/vehicles/actors, colored checkpoints etc. I know you may not necessarily want them or find a use for such a minor feature like this, but somewhere someone would, and there is no harm in allowing them to do so. They would still look better than the enex objects added by SA-MP.

Quote:
View Post
That may be a necessity when running an already established server, but when you want to promote your new server (and people still do launch new servers regardless of what you believe), you have to have distinct features. A new (especially visual or functional) feature in SA-MP helps that a lot, as your server will then look more updated and fresh than the others.

One thing we haven't yet discussed, which is common to both topics of version reunting and anticheat, is SendClientCheck. On 0.3.DL, you can use it to calculate hashes from client-side memory ranges, which has led many servers to discover better means to protect against prohibited software. Why should this feature be restricted to 0.3.DL only, if you want to give better anticheat protection to server owners?

Quote:
View Post
All of community want infinity life for this multiplayer.
All want to help you with your multiplayer. But you just ignore this every post.
I dedicated 17 years of my life to GTA multiplayer mods. I posted a screenshot earlier from 2003. I've done a stint twice as long as anyone else. What more can you ask?

Quote:
View Post
Albert1995 said that he can you help with money or anything. But you just ignore this side of message.
I don't know how to answer this. If some Russian community decided to buy samp, should I sell it to them? Would I not be stabbing everyone else here in the back? Perhaps you shouldn't question my loyalty to this community.

Quote:
View Post
NarutoUA said that he can help you to fix simple bugs of load game and other bugs.But you just ignore this.
Then he admitted updating a cheat tool.

Well I think we should not be bombarding the thread with feature requests but rather just requesting a simple move which does not require Kalcor to do a ton of work due to the fact Kalcor was clear about not intending on creating any major new features due to him being detached from the project.

I think majority of us here on the thread agreed that the most viable move would be to make DL version an official release, finally merging it with the 0.3.7 and thereby removing the division in player base between the two versions, and consequently a lot more servers will be making more use of DL features as they would not have the issues of decreasing player base and trouble settling up, as they have in the current independent DL version. Considering RC-RP and LS-RP have these issues, and they're two most notable servers in SA-MP (in terms of English driven communities), you must understand the concern people have behind not choosing to step into DL in the current state.

Quote:
View Post
Then he admitted updating a cheat tool.
Are you living in 2017 or now?

Mod-****** is dead.
In 2016 every second player did used this cheat.
But now every AC can block every NOP, packet spoofing and other critical problems.

All cheaters now works on the anticheats to destroy last part of cheaters community.
If you really want to gain respect, just PM to Albert1995.

Quote:
View Post
If some Russian community decided to buy samp
They just want to pay salary for your work as donate. It's substitution of concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUA
View Post
I disagree coz leaked code helped me to figure out some client-side performance issues and fix some bugs but the problem is you don't listen to community so people have no chance to improve samp but hurt it. I've tried to report you issues I found (some of them improve client performance dramatically without huge changes in codebase) but no feedback from you. It's not only about me, I know few people with the same intention and they didn't succeed too.
You're just another guy developing cheats for sa-mp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
You're just another guy developing cheats for sa-mp
This guy did more than you, pawn-kiddy.

Quote:
View Post
This guy did more than you, pawn-kiddy.
Sure, ok. You absolutely don't know me so I just ignore your message as you most likely wrote it because of butthurt or something.

Indeed, that guy did more than me if we are talking about updating addresses and using sources of other russian developers. I'm very far from that shit he does.