Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake.
View Post
Even if he did release the source none of you monkeys would know what to do with it
Nice attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24
View Post
No one should support older versions of the multiplayer, they must be turned off altogether.

You need to switch to the current version of the SA-MP 0.3.7 like all normal people.
Estas equivocado las versiones anteriores siguen teniendo jugadores 0.3.7 o DL no son las ъnicas versiуnes que tienen servers y usuarios
La 0.3e por ejm tiene varios sv con mбs de 90 usuarios ONLINE diarios rp ruso etc
Versiуn 0.3x 30 usuarios ddiarios es un sv sуlo pero al menos se llena con una gm SATDM
Versiуn 0.3a y b estбn muertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
Open source SA-MP, at least let other build on it
When it becomes open source many of the people who knows programming will start building sa-mp. What's the point of open source, in whose sa-mp you gonna play if there are 5-7 sa-mp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loffee
View Post
Biggest part of community dont know this person. He is nothing.
Actually, who is Sergiooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo20
View Post
Estas equivocado las versiones anteriores siguen teniendo jugadores 0.3.7 o DL no son las ъnicas versiуnes que tienen servers y usuarios
La 0.3e por ejm tiene varios sv con mбs de 90 usuarios ONLINE diarios rp ruso etc
Versiуn 0.3x 30 usuarios ddiarios es un sv sуlo pero al menos se llena con una gm SATDM
Versiуn 0.3a y b estбn muertas
Why use the old version of SA-MP? In older versions, there are many bugs and vulnerabilities that will never be fixed. Just upgrade to the new version and ask the players to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Yeah, I'm done. I haven't officially called it because there's always a chance of a security update or something.

Nobody who has been around as long as me still plays this game. If they're here at all, it's only to chat with people they met years ago.

You're wasting your time writing a SA-MP script from scratch, unless it's something that interests you. There are already loads of scripts out there.

You wouldn't start a SA-MP server in 2019. If you want to make something involving SA-MP, build a gaming community with a forum etc and run multiple games.

I've been planning to move to linux desktop for a long time. There's a shift in that direction among computing professionals and scientists.
Not many noticed but I've been here since a long time ago. You may not remember me thought we had some conversations. I know you were always there. When you were kyeman, Kye & Kalcor; when the mod fell apart; when we were attacked; when we tested the new capacity of 100 and 200 max players. I've led some Israelian communities (called Vgames, SAMP-IL and more) which now became one large united gaming community.

I learned A LOT by starting scripting for SA-MP. Now I own a company of development. It's no wonder you don't want to stay here anymore. I myself left SA-MP after releasing some of my major scripts (huge DM mode, client-side anti-cheat & features, an huge anime gamemode which makes use of GTA SA-MP as a game engine, which I abandoned before finishing).

You've done more than enough. I'm only passing by to thank you. It's been a hell of a ride.

Been in sa-mp since 2010. It's almost 2020 year so basically it's been 10 years for me being member of this great gaming community. I still remember first day of playing sa-mp with my real life friends. I could not believe that I could play gta sa with real people, As GTA San Andreas was my most favourite game.
I met many good people from different countries, played in many good servers, even had some my own projects. Well Thank you for everything Kalcor. You gifted me many nice memories.
Good luck to sa-mp and current sa-mp server owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiaReyes
View Post
When it becomes open source many of the people who knows programming will start building sa-mp. What's the point of open source, in whose sa-mp you gonna play if there are 5-7 sa-mp?
Even if there are multiple forks of SA:MP, that doesn't mean those are good.. It will work out itself and only the best will stick around, then players/server owners can decide what they like and want to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Yeah, I'm done. I haven't officially called it because there's always a chance of a security update or something.

Nobody who has been around as long as me still plays this game. If they're here at all, it's only to chat with people they met years ago.

You're wasting your time writing a SA-MP script from scratch, unless it's something that interests you. There are already loads of scripts out there.

You wouldn't start a SA-MP server in 2019. If you want to make something involving SA-MP, build a gaming community with a forum etc and run multiple games.

I've been planning to move to linux desktop for a long time. There's a shift in that direction among computing professionals and scientists.
Respect, thanks for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiaReyes
View Post
Actually, who is Sergiooo?
I don`t really know who is he. Or she. I noticed that biggest part of community don`t know this mystic person.

I think that Sergiooo and bot attack in august 2018 are not connected. Russian samp Mass Media got their versions about hacker.

If you don`t know, online in August 2018 of all multiplayer has been 455k. Attacker was russian guy, he used FREE HOSTING to break down all internet tab.

There is no results about Sergiooo in ******.

I entered "Sergiooo samp" with a quote tag to search for sites with the words "Sergiooo samp". I found nothing. I think we can find the bad guy Sergiooo on samp forum.

This message is for Kalcor;
You're a man I respect, Kalcor. You should not give up ! You gave us a fun . The fun you give us this sa-mp.
  • I wanted to do an interview with you.
  • I sent an email but you didn't reply back.
(( I apologize for not having good English ))

Well, I play this game for about 11 years or more, don't be surprised after you check my registration date to SAMP forums, I had to create a new account since there was a salty admin who banned me cause of getting involved in arguments and saying "stupid" to people who were opposing to idea of custom skins&models because come-on lmao why would u want to play 16 year old game with same skins and objects ? Why not trying something new ? Only a retarded person would be opposing to this or maybe he has self-esteem issues and he wants to oppose something to prove himself to community

Anyways I knew Kalcor was going to leave SAMP one day anyway, thanks to him at first for creating SAMP and making this game possible for us. İt was my dream to play GTA SA as online and he did it, but I wish he atleast made 0.3DL version the main one either if u accept it or not splitting SAMP to half damaged this community a lot and caused some players to leave the game since there was lack of players in both versions. There are still a lot of things to be made for SAMP.. a lot of great ideas but I know it won't continue anyway since what said is said so atleast make 0.3DL the main version

It worth making something new to SAMP.
SA-MP is still fun, no matter how old you are or you'd be, no matter if there's future or not, you can still enjoy playing this modification.
This game is old, technically there might be things that can be done but still not too much.
People have moved on already, they play new games but they still come back to samp no matter what. I've been watching people leave and come back to this mod, just because they cannot find the fun they do here.
Anyway I'm just gonna say that I'm still doing servers no matter what people say. But yea;

Thank you Kalcor, you're an amazing person! I wish you all the best.

Honestly, if you have a good idea find a game engine and make a game with it I know this would be way way harder but you'll theoretically have more chances of success

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro
View Post
SA-MP is still fun, no matter how old you are or you'd be, no matter if there's future or not, you can still enjoy playing this modification.
It depends on age. If I were 15 I would probably say the same, and I would probably believe that everyone should enjoy 20 year old game even if they are 30.

Quote:
View Post
People have moved on already, they play new games but they still come back to samp no matter what. I've been watching people leave and come back to this mod, just because they cannot find the fun they do here.
Anyway I'm just gonna say that I'm still doing servers no matter what people say. But yea;
They come back to sa:mp most likely just to remember old days gone a long time ago, but again, it depends on age. If you're 15 you can find any game fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
It depends on age. If I were 15 I would probably say the same, and I would probably believe that everyone should enjoy 20 year old game even if they are 30.

They come back to sa:mp most likely just to remember old days gone a long time ago, but again, it depends on age. If you're 15 you can find any game fun.
I personally don't think you have to be 15 year old to have fun from SA-MP, I am 23 year old guy and I grew up with playing SA-MP to be honest, I even learned how to write&speak in English with playing SA-MP. I think loving and playing SA-MP is about loving the community, game modes and most importantly GTA San Andreas man this game was a legend and it still is. Rockstar Games couldn't produce a game which is equal to GTA San Andreas for years, I believe its one of the biggest point that why SA-MP succeded and it had a lot of players.

I would still enjoy playing SA-MP believe me, ofcourse if there were good enough developments. Custom Skins&Custom Objects were best updates by so far, however they arrived after very long time. SA-MP is a game which has good potential, with great development and upgrades I am sure it will still have players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janichar35
View Post
I personally don't think you have to be 15 year old to have fun from SA-MP, I am 23 year old guy and I grew up with playing SA-MP to be honest, I even learned how to write&speak in English with playing SA-MP. I think loving and playing SA-MP is about loving the community, game modes and most importantly GTA San Andreas man this game was a legend and it still is. Rockstar Games couldn't produce a game which is equal to GTA San Andreas for years, I believe its one of the biggest point that why SA-MP succeded and it had a lot of players.

I would still enjoy playing SA-MP believe me, ofcourse if there were good enough developments. Custom Skins&Custom Objects were best updates by so far, however they arrived after very long time. SA-MP is a game which has good potential, with great development and upgrades I am sure it will still have players.
Yeah, the game is a legend. I played sa:mp for a long. I met friends and communities. I had fun. But that's gone, unfortunately. All friends of mine I gradually lose contact with don't play it anymore, that's probably why I don't find sa:mp fun anymore.

We all gotta face the truth though. There's nothing to update besides tiny fixes. This is why servers cannot update their gamemodes and release new features. All of it's just getting old.

And I'm not one of those bubbling everywhere that GTA:V and some ragemp is the future. The second is most likely not and not going to be. At least I played it once and it wasn't as fun as I expected it to be. sa:mp has its own atmosphere, which doesn't exist in gta:v multiplayers.

Quote:
View Post

I'm 21 my dude. You dont need to be 15 to have fun lul where's my drink?
I've got a lot of friends in this mod, if you can't find the fun, you make it.

Quote:
View Post
I'm 21 my dude.
Not that far from 15

Quote:
View Post
Not that far from 15
Actually, 21 is far from 15.