Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I actually abandoned DL nearly 2 years ago. It was ls-rp and rc-rp's call to stick with it, not mine.

I did say the two versions would eventually be merged, but gave no time horizon. I said it would eventually be open source, but gave no time horizon.
Don't just think about the big servers, think about the community.

Forget this open source story, keep what you did in DL and upgrade along with 0.3.7 Kalcor.

There's not really a single sa-mp community, it's a collection of servers with their own communities.

the ls-rp people showed up after this thread was linked from their main website. I doubt many of the ls-rp trolls actually read the entire thread.

Quote:
View Post
There's not really a single sa-mp community, it's a collection of servers with their own communities.

the ls-rp people showed up after this thread was linked from their main website. I doubt many of the ls-rp trolls actually read the entire thread.
Dude, this is a community, if it wasn't we wouldn't be here talking to you.

You are thinking of them, and we are thinking of all the others.

The chance to change this is in front of you, just make it happen.

Quote:
View Post
moar update. moar scripp. moar pawno. moar skinn.

it'll never be enough for some people.

seriously, why, after such a long run, would I include some feature which dramatically changes the game and probably ties me to further updates for several more years?

as a final update, wouldn't I be better to preserve what's there and tested over many years?
You already released that feature but never merged it on the main branch, why would something that's done for two years tie you into further updates? Just release 0.3.9 with 0.3.DL included and let it be the final version.

Quote:
View Post

Referring to genuinely concerned users of your work as 'trolls' for voicing their opinions and concerns is reprehensible. The thread was linked on the LS-RP website because of the sheer number of people able to get something through your thick skull. Those "LS-RP trolls" are some of many who have actually had the time to adapt and find love for the new feature and frankly hold the most weight when it comes to explaining what is wrong with removing the feature.

How dare you sit on your high horse and talk down about the people who give your project a purpose? I don't know if you're in your feelings because you're wrong or if you're just genuinely that disconnected from reality, but you're coming off as more of a prick with every reply you make to this thread.

many of the ls-rp posters were just disrespectful. the forum moderators had to clean up their shit.

you can't see all the deleted posts. they were just trolling us.

Quote:
View Post
many of the ls-rp posters were just disrespectful. the forum moderators had to clean up their shit.

Kalcor, forget them and do what is right and not what is wrong.

Man, it's time to evolve.

Quote:
View Post
I actually abandoned DL nearly 2 years ago. It was ls-rp and rc-rp's call to stick with it, not mine.
What made you start working on it and what made you stop, then? I get that memory issues, foreign code execution etc. could be caused by malicious models, but so far DL has been working for 2 years without any of that happening.

Do you think more features need to be done before it being ready? We do not, we can work around the limitations like we have worked around all limitations of all SA-MP features in the past.

Do you think it is not needed? You grow tired of adding models we want to the installer, and this is the solution.

Do you think it is not wanted? At least 99 % of people here have expressed that they want it.

Quote:
View Post
At least two servers and their communities expressed they want DL. niCe has proved that his players enjoy DL and its features. I got frequently asked by my players when I am going to update to DL, and when I have finally made it compatible with it via samp-compat, I actually get more players from 0.3.DL than from 0.3.7.

If there is a SA-MP server community that doesn't want model downloading, why didn't they rally themselves and come here to state their opinion?

Quote:
View Post

Some people certainly were, but amongst those posts that were left, the majority of them were polite and honest, and supported DL to be included in 0.3.9.

Quote:
View Post

Kalcor,

Just look beyond the disrespectful players. There's much more then ls-rp players in this thread, it's other server developers, not only ls-rp and rc-rp, but also from many non-english projects or even WIP projects that see potential in the DL functions. How come, at least according to your posts, you only saw the empty-minded trolls, but not the others?

Why do you keep refusing the DL function so much? What are the reasons?

Quote:
View Post

This I can't argue with. That said, I hope you understand that those who were abusive aren't the standard representation of the community as a whole, and that shouldn't be the overthrowing factor of this debate.

Even beyond that, many non-English servers are still being struck by this blow. If you don't want to appease the minority LS-RP players who were abusive, at least appease those from other communities.

sad that mmartin and davis boy would burn bridges for everyone else. can we arrange the funeral for LSRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
If there is a SA-MP server community that doesn't want model downloading, why didn't they rally themselves and come here to state their opinion?
Because they were more professional, more tactful. Instead of spamming me with the same message over and over in this thread, they got together as a group and provided me a recommendation.

And they erred on the side of caution, taking my position.

Quote:
View Post
Because they were more professional, more tactful. Instead of spamming me with the same message over and over in this thread, they got together as a group and provided me a recommendation.

So do you listen to them and not your community?

Just because they are "professionals"

Whether or not that's true, there's an absolute landslide in favor of keeping custom models. How much support will it take for you to definitively state that you're going to keep the feature in the upcoming update? The consensus is that you should either: Stick with DL or move to 0.3.9 with an OPTIONAL custom model feature. It shouldn't be a hard decision at this point.

Quote:
View Post

I've honestly went over this topic at least two times. People gave really good arguments why the DL functions should be continued on. Yes, there were a lot of insults, but a lot of arguments as well. I'd personally go over everything again and compile you a long list of those, if that would help.

Quote:
View Post
If there is a group that doesn't want DL, why, instead of coming here to the place of discussion and defending their opinion, they assumed their right to speak for all of us and told you what to do? That is neither professional nor tactful.

Quote:
View Post
Perhaps this stems from a genuine lack of familiarity from those in favour of DL. Again, I do not contest for a second that many of us (me included) came to the SAMP forums in panic of this bad news to try and plead with you to reconsider. As I didn't want to send you a PM (anticipating that you would be spammed already), I voiced my opinion through the topic in which the body-blow originated. Perhaps that was an error on my part, and perhaps an error on the part of others too, but even at that, you cannot deny the passion have for this particular subject and the desire for DL to be kept. Sure, some have been less than tactful and some have been downright idiotic in their approach, but I implore you still to acknowledge the volume of people who would like to see you amalgamate.

https://www.strawpoll.me/18904051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebz
View Post
Voted.

Perhaps the strawpoll is the best method of gauging the overall opinion, as those who are against it aren't going to be subject to scrutiny for their opinion in this decidedly heated debate.

I have voted, though I maintain my hope that Kalcor will reconsider his stance on the matter, given what has been stated in this topic thus far.