Is it still worth it?

A few suggestions for the new 0.3.9 version:

New designed client and AFK menu instead of the default GTA SA one.
New player list like being able to use avatars or something. (Trying not to go too far since the game is old)
Being able to toggle bugs like c-bug and sawn-off 2-shoots (but not disable them completely).
Fix the "You are banned from this server" bug
Fix the weapon sounds bug when the server restarts if possible.
Perfect or better sync because lag-ramming and lag-shooting players is still possible if the server doesn't have a custom hit-registration system.

Maybe exclude the first and second suggestions because they do not really feel like they are supposed to be in SA-MP.

So, 0.3.9 will be released?

It will possible to damage a vehicle without stay inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leosmile
View Post
So, 0.3.9 will be released?

It will possible to damage a vehicle without stay inside?
Kalcor says what will be

Update SQLite to the latest version with more compile-time options enabled. The version SA-MP uses is 9 years old and 107 releases behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Some of them are getting together to send me a combined recommendation for 0.3.9.

I'd say the ones that are still on 0.3.7 are mostly indifferent to DL and think they'll manage either way.
It would be nice if you shared the list with us once they send it over.

Quote:
View Post
Some of them are getting together to send me a combined recommendation for 0.3.9.

I'd say the ones that are still on 0.3.7 are mostly indifferent to DL and think they'll manage either way.
Those who want DL at 0.3.7 and this is an indisputable fact. Everyone wants new opportunities, everyone wants newness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisam
View Post
New designed client and AFK menu instead of the default GTA SA one.
I think it's also too far from one of the main samp ideas to be close to the original game, but it will be great if some items like "new game" would be removed from MP esc menu that crashes the game or "stats"/"brief" which have no sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot
View Post
And that's useless, since 70% of cheats is asi/cleo/sf/lua based software. Moreover you couldn't actually check if that player will send you fake response for such requests.
Moreover, anyone is able to inject DLL file to the game process. And that's it. It's totally useless.

Quote:
View Post

When you think a list has been finalized please respond back to the community with what you have gathered and don't keep it in the dark, I am sure loads of people will be glad about anything constructive you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe_Freeze
View Post
EnablePaySprayForAll(bool:toggle);
Enables / Disables Pay'n'Spray

EnableEightBallsForAll(bool:toggle);
Enables / Disables 8 Balls Cars (Bomb)

ToggleLightStatus(status, Float, Float:y, Float:z, Float:range);

Description:
Changes the status of the street lamp.
Take the pole by position.

params:
x, y, z: position of light pole
range: to pay several close faces

<!> With this function you can turn on and off the posts manually during the day or night.
Totally think this will be amazing to add too, one more thing I would suggest is being able to toggle Wheel's Arch Angels and all the other modding shops as AFAIK you cannot toggle them.

EnableTuningForAll(bool:toggle); maybe?

It was necessary to release 0.3.8 as the main version. Over time, all servers and players would move, as was the case with 0.3z and 0.3.7

I am in favour of renaming the 0.3DL to 0.3.8, because it is 0.3.8 that is the official version after 0.3.7. And make it the main version with new features, besides loading objects, skins, cars, etc...

I have some ideas for the new version, I created a separate thread for it, but somehow it was removed

P.s. Sorry for ****** Translate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjutsu
View Post
It was necessary to release 0.3.8 as the main version. Over time, all servers and players would move, as was the case with 0.3z and 0.3.7

I am in favour of renaming the 0.3DL to 0.3.8, because it is 0.3.8 that is the official version after 0.3.7. And make it the main version with new features, besides loading objects, skins, cars, etc...

I have some ideas for the new version, I created a separate thread for it, but somehow it was removed

P.s. Sorry for ****** Translate
I suggest you to read all the previous pages.

No. Use your time wisely, kid.

If you fail to realize SA:MP hasn't moved forward because one guy, the one who runs the show, decided by himself that his platform should not move forward, you're putting your time to waste.

~760 comments that, on average, might have taken 40 seconds to write. That's ~6h worth of writing text for Kalcor to reply, occasionally, to three, five tops, replies. The guy who's in charge doesn't care and won't take anyone's advice - fuck me, it has been what? 3 years since 0.3DL? I don't even know. You are massive cucks. Cucked by the cockalorum who visibly doesn't take anyone's criticism and has taken matters into his owns hands which, in my view, are far from what's best for this platform.

But it's his platform. Yes, people have helped make it what it is (or was), and without said people, SA:MP wouldn't be anywhere near where it is (was). Yes, 0.3DL should be the main branch, no doubt. Now, don't fucking bitch about voice chat, visual revamps or anything that's not a priority. SA:MP is, at it's core, a platform and a framework that serves it's functionality well: a multiplayer but faithful playable version of GTA San Andreas, not a Garry's Mode-esque experience.

The only fucking priority for SA:MP should be to adopt 0.3DL as the new, official, version of the platform. Banning Youtube? ******? ********? Fuck me, you have actually gone and sensored these words. No, it's not a priority. At the end of the day, the demography of this forum is what? 13 years of age? Don't foist your social justice warriorship bullshit on a fucking gaming platform of all places, brotherman. Focus on what's best for the platform you built, the one you carried WITH US for years and actually start giving two shits about it or just end this for once and for all.

I'd be more than happy to view the unroll of this thread, as it's the most active one I've seen here in ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
View Post
But it's his platform. Yes, people have helped make it what it is (or was), and without said people, SA:MP wouldn't be anywhere near where it is (was).
He never asked or told anybody to do anything for his modification, if you want to be real then you have to keep it real. Everybody did done what they have in their own wish, nobody was forced or even asked to do so.

Why do you have to talk like this when you don't even know what was (is) the reason of not moving forward with this mod? Everyone has its own life and problems, something which maybe you don't know. There's nothing you can do about it, nor me. I'm happy this thread was made to generally wake up everybody and make Kalcor do something, and lowkey this came to a new version which perhaps is going to be released soon. Ain't nobody knows what's going to be new, ain't nobody knows what is going to happen. But I still don't get it, why you have to be salty just because somebody doesn't want to continue something he done? It's just like you do something and you lose interest or maybe you have other stuff to do which are more important then a goddamn modification of a 15 years old game. Look things in the way he does. I would've done the same if you ask me. This community has turned to toxicity and we all know that. But yet I'm telling you this thread was mainly posted for those server owners and to hear their thoughts, and if your comment doesn't have anything to do with what's this thread about don't even bother replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro
View Post
Why do you have to talk like this when you don't even know what was (is) the reason of not moving forward with this mod? Everyone has its own life and problems, something which maybe you don't know. There's nothing you can do about it, nor me. I'm happy this thread was made to generally wake up everybody and make Kalcor do something, and lowkey this came to a new version which perhaps is going to be released soon. Ain't nobody knows what's going to be new, ain't nobody knows what is going to happen. But I still don't get it, why you have to be salty just because somebody doesn't want to continue something he done? It's just like you do something and you lose interest or maybe you have other stuff to do which are more important then a goddamn modification of a 15 years old game. Look things in the way he does. I would've done the same if you ask me. This community has turned to toxicity and we all know that. But yet I'm telling you this thread was mainly posted for those server owners and to hear their thoughts, and if your comment doesn't have anything to do with what's this thread about don't even bother replying.
So you agree that just because Kalcor doesn't have passion for the mod anymore, that the mod should just die instead of handing it over to somebody else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMaster
View Post
So you agree that just because Kalcor doesn't have passion for the mod anymore, that the mod should just die instead of handing it over to somebody else?
I don't agree with anything as it has nothing to do with me. This is not my modification and I cannot lead people to do what I want, I'm just apart of it, I respect every decision which is made because I know there's a reason behind it.

But if you read carefully what I said, that's not exactly what I meant.

Quote:
View Post
I don't agree with anything as it has nothing to do with me. This is not my modification and I cannot lead people to do what I want, I'm just apart of it, I respect every decision which is made because I know there's a reason behind it.
I don't think there's a better post on this thread that sums up my feelings towards SA-MP quite like this.

Of course, SA-MP shouldn't die. But the truth is, it's not going to live forever. SA-MP was always an anomaly- with it having a high concurrent player base, even today compared to the modern titles. And that is what has helped SAMP survive so long. This wasn't an asslick post, nor was it meant to disregard anyone else's feelings, opinions or posts on this thread. Every contribution is a step forward, but every update cancelled is a chance avoided.

We have to keep it going for as long as possible, and while it's alive, we shouldn't leave any possibility of success to pass. We live once, let's make the most of it.

Quote:
View Post
Everybody did done what they have in their own wish, nobody was forced or even asked to do so.
Sorry, I don't understand your point.

Quote:

Why do you have to talk like this when you don't even know what was (is) the reason of not moving forward with this mod? Everyone has its own life and problems, something which maybe you don't know. There's nothing you can do about it, nor me.

I can tell you that one of the main reasons for this mod not moving forward in the last 3-4 years was not fully adopting 0.3DL as an "official", main version of the platform. Truth of the matter is, I don't give a fuck about one's personal problems as they mean nothing to me whatsoever. To each, his own. I don't think personal problems are even worth mentioning here, because not committing to 0.3DL was in no way, shape or form somehow connected to a personal issue.

Quote:

I'm happy this thread was made to generally wake up everybody and make Kalcor do something, and lowkey this came to a new version which perhaps is going to be released soon. Ain't nobody knows what's going to be new, ain't nobody knows what is going to happen.

Hasn't that been said for the past 3 years or so? There have been several ideas and contributions which would have positively impacted the community had the community not been split between an (almost) 5 year old iteration of SA:MP's server SDK and, in truth, a revolutionary iteration of the modification.

Quote:

But I still don't get it, why you have to be salty just because somebody doesn't want to continue something he done? It's just like you do something and you lose interest or maybe you have other stuff to do which are more important then a goddamn modification of a 15 years old game.

Who's salty here? You went on an adventurous cockride throughout the post and yet, when faced with the facts, you have the dignity to say we are "salty". I'm not bothered by the (dis)continuation as I don't put my time into it anymore. However, my morals go against people being in denial about a situation that's clear as water right now. Yes, there are bigger (BIGGER) problems than a SA:MP version in this community (refer to previous reply), but you take on a huge ladder by the first step.

Quote:

Look things in the way he does. I would've done the same if you ask me. This community has turned to toxicity and we all know that.

Bottom line is: nobody cares if you would have done the same. It doesn't matter if I would have done the same. What matters is that whoever is running the show is clearly not into it anymore and should, for community's clarity sake, either pass up the torch or be pretty clear about SA:MP's release cycle (once every 2 years?) or his intentions with it.

DL's functionality has a lot of potential and I have seen it used very successfully on a server I play on. People make content that fits in with the vanilla game and you can't even tell it's custom made, yet it adds so much depth and variety. Having a single version with that functionality would be great as people mentioned before. Perhaps make it a toggleable option (though I have no idea why anyone would say no to a basically perfectly well working feature that opens up doors to a lot more opportunities).

Hopefully the new 0.3.9 will give us a unified client to use and have all the features we've all been excited about

P.S. I'm pretty certain a large part of the Russian playerbase is also excited about getting custom content, seeing how active they are with modding skins/vehicles/objects to fit in with the game nicely and how involved they are with presenting it on platforms like VK.

i agree with all things that niCe says