Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Yeah, that server looks great. willttoonn has done a great job selling DL also.

My problem is that not all sa-mp servers will look like that. The older sa-mp servers don't have the resources to make new models, and it's unclear their players even want them.

It's like having two seperate versions is the right call for now, even though it disadvantages the DL servers.
Do you fear that, if you were to merge both versions, servers without the ability to produce 3d models will be left behind?

I suppose it's unclear about what players think about them if they have not been asked the question themselves. I think 0.3.DL would not have been that much of a 'failure' if several 0.3.7 servers, who share similar types of players, grouped up together and made the switch to 0.3.DL earlier.

Could an addition to the master list service agreement work to ensure the artsyle of GTA:SA is preserved and so servers don't start adding high poly ped models?

I would be so happy with an increase of vehicle limit and attachedobject limit T_T
I think servers can handle that imo.

Have you ever thought about adding custom vehicles to the DL version? That would be great though!

Quote:
View Post
Who actually needs that?
I'm lost. Are you continuing SAMP or not?

You say SAMP is dying, it's because you are letting SAMP die yourself. SAMP still has potential left, You believe it or not. This game has made the childhood of many people including me. There are many people playing SAMP, You shouldn't just let it die, Even bug fixes are appreciated as long as you are active and doing something, Have faith in yourself and at your work, None can stop you if you decide to continue SAMP, What my heart says is that if you continue it, for sure players will be interested in playing SAMP. People leave SAMP as they know that SAMP creator has left SAMP, he has no faith left in himself and he believes SAMP's dying. That's the main cause of people leaving.

There is still time to start developing, for 10 years or more, SAMP has been great, Don't let us down man. We are all behind you waiting for your work.

Good Luck!

Would it be possible to set a textures to a vehicle parts (doors, wheels, trunk) in future like we can do with objects ?

I think this conversation has no meaning, In the end, DL and 0.3.7 together will not be official.

Quote:
View Post
Who actually needs that?
Oh you know, only the top ~20 servers which make up about 1/3 of SA-MP's playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajugs
View Post
Oh you know, only the top ~20 servers which make up about 1/3 of SA-MP's playerbase.
I understand the limits if it's going to take a lot of work to raise the limits higher than they already are. I have no idea if this is the case or not.

But if it isn't, I see very little point on enforcing arbitrary limits. However, to be fair to Kalcor, I feel like they exist for a reason. Also, I think raising the player limit is lower on the priority list at the moment considering there's a real risk of losing more and more of the remaining playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
View Post
I understand the limits if it's going to take a lot of work to raise the limits higher than they already are. I have no idea if this is the case or not.

But if it isn't, I see very little point on enforcing arbitrary limits. However, to be fair to Kalcor, I feel like they exist for a reason. Also, I think raising the player limit is lower on the priority list at the moment considering there's a real risk of losing more and more of the remaining playerbase.
It's not about the limitations. It's about the usual "nobody wants/needs this" attitude.

Either way, doesn't matter how high priority it is because there is no list. The development seems to have stalled altogether.

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, that server looks great. willttoonn has done a great job selling DL also.

My problem is that not all sa-mp servers will look like that. The older sa-mp servers don't have the resources to make new models, and it's unclear their players even want them.

It's like having two seperate versions is the right call for now, even though it disadvantages the DL servers.
I think the community will eventually start sharing their models on the DL section.

Who are the biggest SAMP server owners that the feedback matters to you? If they say 0.3DL should be merged into 0.3.9 would you do so? I saw some large server owners like niCe, wilton and others who would like to see DL merged as the main branch.

Also I think community would use public shared models on their servers if they haven't resources for creating their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0minal
View Post
Who are the biggest SAMP server owners that the feedback matters to you?
Some of them are getting together to send me a combined recommendation for 0.3.9.

I'd say the ones that are still on 0.3.7 are mostly indifferent to DL and think they'll manage either way.

Quote:
View Post
Some of them are getting together to send me a combined recommendation for 0.3.9.

I'd say the ones that are still on 0.3.7 are mostly indifferent to DL and think they'll manage either way.
Would it be a good idea to ask ones that are still on 0.3.7 instead of assuming what they think?
They can share their opinion here just for transparency.
Sorry if im sounding annoying, its not my intention if I am,
but this is really important.

Quote:
View Post

Wouldn't the best option be a 0.3.9 version with the download function being enabled only via "artwork 1" in server.cfg? That way anyone using 0.3.7 wouldn't use it, and those using 0.3.DL would currently use 0.3.9 enabling the download feature only on server.cfg.

About future native functions for 0.3.9, I will prepare some ideas and gather ideas and feedbacks with the Brazilian developer community and soon introduce you on the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willttoonn
View Post
Wouldn't the best option be a 0.3.9 version with the download function being enabled only via "artwork 1" in server.cfg? That way anyone using 0.3.7 wouldn't use it, and those using 0.3.DL would currently use 0.3.9 enabling the download feature only on server.cfg.
this

Quote:
View Post
The best solution is that simple, plus, add "Downloads" filter checkbox and everyone is happy

Some suggestions for native functions for SA-MP 0.3.9:

TogglePlayerHUD

Description: Shows or hide the GTA HUD.

Parameters: (playerid, toggle)
  • playerid - The ID of the player who should toggle HUD.
  • toggle - 1 to show and 0 to hide.
TogglePlayerControllable

Description: It allows to manage the movements of the PED and the camera of the player.

Parameters: (playerid, pos, cam=1)
  • playerid - The ID of the player will be change the controllable position or camera.
  • pos - 1 to freeze the position movements and 0 to unfreeze the position movements.
  • cam - 1 to freeze the camera movements and 0 to unfreeze the camera movements. Default is 1 (camera freezed)
ToggleVehicleMarkers

Description: It allows to hide or shows the vehicles markers in minimap. Can uses only in OnGamemodeInit

Parameters: (toggle)
  • toggle - 1 to show the vehicles markers in minimap and 0 to hide the vehicles markers in minimap.
AttachedPlayerObjects

Description: Increase player attached objects to 20.

AddVehicleModel

Description: The possibility to add custom vehicles. Like the function of custom skins, the new vehicles would copy attributes from existing vehicles. The possibility of visual tuning would be disabled for custom vehicles, only giving the possibility of adding nitro and if possible changing the wheels.

Parameters: (vehicleid_base, new_vehicleid, dffname[], txdname[])
  • vehicleid_base - The base vehicle ID to use.
  • new_vehicleid - The new vehicle ID, between 800-1000.
  • dffname - Name of the .dff model collision file located in models server folder by default
  • txdname - Name of the .txd model texture file located in models server folder by default
AddGunModel

Description: The possibility to add custom guns. Like the function of custom skins, the new guns would copy attributes from existing guns. The sound and anothers attributes are copied from existing weapons.

Parameters: (gun_base, new_gun_id, dffname[], txdname[])
  • gun_base - The base gun ID to use.
  • new_gun_id - The new gun ID, between 100-200.
  • dffname - Name of the .dff model collision file located in models server folder by default.
  • txdname - Name of the .txd model texture file located in models server folder by default.
SetPlayerStamina

Description: Change the player run stamina.

Parameters: (playerid, stamina)
  • playerid - The ID of the player will be change the run stamina.
  • stamina - The value to set the stamina.
SetPlayerDiveCapacity

Description: Change the player dives capacity.

Parameters: (playerid, capacity)
  • playerid - The ID of the player will be change the dive capacity.
  • capacity - The value to set the capacity of the player dives.
ExplodeVehicle

Description: Explodes the vehicle ID.

Parameters: (vehicleid)
  • vehicleid - The ID of the vehicle will be exploded.
RemoveBuildingForPlayer

Description: Inscrease the RemoveBuildingForPlayer limit to 2000.

GetPlayerKeys

Description: Change the function to be able to identify other keyboard keys, such as F1-F12 and other letters.

AddAnimIFP

Description: The possibility to add custom animations. Use libname as CUSTOM.

Parameters: (animname[], ifp[], animifp[])
  • animname - The unique name of the custom anim.
  • ifp - Name of the .ifp file located in anims server folder by default.
  • animifp - Name of the anim inside the .ifp.
SetPlayerInvisible

Description: The possibility to make a player invisible to anothers players. Can used to make visible again too.

Parameters: (playerid)
  • playerid - The ID of the player will be make invisible or visible.

EnablePaySprayForAll(bool:toggle);
Enables / Disables Pay'n'Spray

EnableEightBallsForAll(bool:toggle);
Enables / Disables 8 Balls Cars (Bomb)

ToggleLightStatus(status, Float, Float:y, Float:z, Float:range);

Description:
Changes the status of the street lamp.
Take the pole by position.

params:
x, y, z: position of light pole
range: to pay several close faces

<!> With this function you can turn on and off the posts manually during the day or night.

Quote:
View Post
I agree with this and I support these suggestions. I also hope that Kalcor will be able / find a time to add those in the future (on 0.3DL version) because the suggested things would make a really big changes to the SA-MP in general and to it's playerbase as well. I'm pretty sure that lots of players would switch to 0.3DL if this is feasible.

i know, why not implement to check players for godmode too with two extra native functions

bool:IsPlayerVulnerable(playerid)
GetPlayerVulnerability(playerid)

forgot one thing

TogglePlayerVulnerability(playerid, bool:toggle)

Kalcor

What are you going to do now?