What is the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlee
Посмотреть сообщение
This is absolutely not what the thread is about, we're talking about kids spamming invites in the global chat and that too of a server which is hosted on free host and is a script from the gamemode section of samp forums. To add to it, the owners don't even know how to code and quite frankly that's not an ideal example of a server trying to "advertise" the right way
Does it matter? No. It's still advertisements, and you all are getting hyped up for nothing. You clearly have no experience in the gaming business.

- my 2 cents in this worthless discussion/rant.

>experience
>gaming business
>Join Date: Oct 2018
>cSharp

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
>experience
>gaming business
>cSharp
omfg u need brain surgery.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
>experience
>gaming business
>cSharp
What has my forum account to do with anything? You've got no clue about anything. Please, stop.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
>experience
>gaming business
>cSharp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntmx
Посмотреть сообщение
omfg u need brain surgery.
Now now kids. Play nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSharp
Посмотреть сообщение
I think both.

Player x goes to server y, meets player z and decides 'this guy is quite chill, i bet if i advertise my server here, i can get some players'. Player x advertises server i. Server i gets players. Player x successfully advertised his server on server y.
That's not how it works mate, you can not go to someone else's company and advertise your own..
Imagine someone tries to advertise their MTA server or MTA scripts in SA:MP forums, that doesn't make sense AT ALL.

irl example: going to a supermarket and tell their customers about your own supermarket and make them to go shopping in your own. see? it's not acceptable in any ways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSharp
Посмотреть сообщение
Does it matter? No. It's still advertisements, and you all are getting hyped up for nothing. You clearly have no experience in the gaming business.

- my 2 cents in this worthless discussion/rant.
Spamming != Advertisement

Hell, my first server was Kitten's Zombie mod on a free host and i got upto 20-25 players. And i didn't even had a website lol.

I called that success for me, back then i wanted to players to join my own server, and they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmir
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not how it works mate, you can not go to someone else's company and advertise your own..
Imagine someone tries to advertise their MTA server or MTA scripts in SA:MP forums, that doesn't make sense AT ALL.

irl example: going to a supermarket and tell their customers about your own supermarket and make them to go shopping in your own. see? it's not acceptable in any ways..

Spamming != Advertisement
It's not acceptable, but it happens and apperently works. Easiest thing is just to ban those people, censor IP addresses in chat or websites other then the servers'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
Посмотреть сообщение
Hell, my first server was Kitten's Zombie mod on a free host and i got upto 20-25 players. And i didn't even had a website lol.

I called that success for me, back then i wanted to players to join my own server, and they did.
When was that? Like back in 2013? I think in those times SA-MP was pretty innocent and people mostly didn't care if your server/website is free-hosted etc.

@iAmir, I totally agree with your reply.

@cSharp, You are probably one of those, who likes to advertise your crap in other communities/servers without any permission, don't you? Judging by your replies, you are salty af. What are you, on your period or something?

You know, there is always a chance to co-operate between your and other community. You can make a deal, in order to advertise your stuff. Just take an example advertisements in TV's/Website etc. Do you think, that they just suddenly somehow appear? No, they PAID to that company in order to advertise stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SjuteL
Посмотреть сообщение
When was that? Like back in 2013? I think in those times SA-MP was pretty innocent and people mostly didn't care if your server/website is free-hosted etc.

@iAmir, I totally agree with your reply.

@cSharp, You are probably one of those, who likes to advertise your crap in other communities/servers without any permission, don't you? Judging by your replies, you are salty af. What are you, on your period or something?

You know, there is always a chance to co-operate between your and other community. You can make a deal, in order to advertise your stuff. Just take an example advertisements in TV's/Website etc. Do you think, that they just suddenly somehow appear? No, they PAID to that company in order to advertise stuff.
I love how much you think you can learn about someone by not even more than a paragraph of facts .

I forgot we're in the 21st century where the truth must be censored, but I don't like how you think that companies runs on a fair play line. The most obvious example that I can think of right in my head to support my statements:

Go on Omegle, find a chat - ooobs, I bet you already got spammed 5 times by a bot made by another company, advertising themselves QUESTION MARK?

Wake up, don't think that everything is a fair play, would you had experienced the 2008 to 2012 era of MMORPG Web games; you'd understand the facts a bit better. Now, let's not go around tossing insults to each other over a fact versus opinion argument.

Grow up, learn what "toxic" means. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not acceptable, but it happens and apperently works. Easiest thing is just to ban those people, censor IP addresses in chat or websites other then the servers'.
if people do it in the right way, then there's no problem with advertising, you were saying it's okay to go to other people's servers and advertise your own server, cause it's a way to get players. but it's not...

What is the point of even caring? Sure, somebody wants to feel special by running a community of 5 players that they have on their completely generic server, but that's all. If you are afraid about losing players, make something unique, something better than other servers in certain aspects, and you will find your community. Of course, the players also have to find you; you have to start somewhere, and "advertising" on other servers is the first step most people, including me, have done.

As for me, I consider it senseless to overly care about somebody mentioning an IP address of their server in the chat, and to even ban for something like this. Good players will laugh at them for posting a shit server, bad players will leave and never return, but that means they didn't deserve playing on your server in the first place.

No point in caring. Simply let them promote their server a bit (if it is not a total spam of messages). If it's a good or unique server, then that's good for the whole SA-MP community; if it's a bad server, nobody will care about it anyway. My server has never censored anything.

check out my signature pls

The spam.. It's pretty straightforward gentlemen, advertising doesn't harm as they can find servers on hosted tab pretty easily. It's about the way the advertisement was made, spammed ones are definitely not welcomed but banning a guy who advertised his server in someone's pm is pretty much a time waste. Only spammed ads are to be worried of and should be automatically prevented.

If one guy leaves the server then he just joined it just to waste time and not to stay in it and if he reports the advertiser then you can simply ban the guy if he's irritating others.

lmao, csharp living in his own dimension smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODEX
Посмотреть сообщение
Can't agree more, every server always starts with 1 person
Nope, I've started with 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Big servers have to start somewhere.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SjuteL
Посмотреть сообщение
And I was like, meh.. Alright, let's go check his ''cool'' server with ''nice features". When I saw the server, I didn't even bother to join it once I saw in it's tittle "ultra-h.." with 20 player slots. The server also used a very well known gamemode, but I couldn't care less about that.
Next thing what I was going to check, is their website. My god.. I was a bit confused, because they used the very similiar template like sa-mp.com is currently using. Well, atcually it was looking exactly the same like sa-mp.com and in the beginning I thought, maybe they just provide a quick access to a website, from where you can download sa-mp app, but no..
Also the website's domain was awful, because it was one of those free domains, like 000webhost and it was obvious, that webhosting was also a free service from the same host company.
They maybe like owning a server? Or maybe they just try how it will look like and then he will move on? Who knows.