Where to post videos? (updated 2/2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
You, Kalcor.. have made me smile on this day dated the 12th of the 2nd month in 2019.

Honestly, this ... this is great content.
Yeah that's how I see it lol... We all should expect things like this, it's his choice what goes and doesn't. Separate language forums didn't have to be a thing for example, that's supplied at his convenience and could be taken away.

I love this thread, no sarcasm.

Anyone still taking this topic serious? No? Me neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't watch anything on utube unless there are no alternatives.

If there's a time to support alternative platforms, it's now. It's impossible for Googoyle or utube to come back from the hole they've dug for themselves. They decided to play partisan politics, on what should be open platforms, and nobody will ever forget.
I agree with the fact that utube and Googoyle have monopolized their platforms, but preventing traffic from the sa-mp forums is not that huge of a change for utube or Googoyle, compared to what they get on daily basis. It is penalizing the community more than it is penalizing their platforms. I understand your point from earlier when you said that regardless of how big it is, a change should have been brought to start lowering the traffic of these platforms, but how much traffic are we preventing in the first place? How many other communities have taken this approach without considering the effect it got on its own members?

The feature of uploading in these forums is a solution, but not so efficient due to the limitations it comes with. I never edited any of the videos I uploaded, now I will have to fully modify it, lower the resolution, size, quality, and make sure it is properly encoded.

While others had a more harsh approach on you regarding their opinion, I would suggest putting yourself in their shoes when thinking about the impact it has had on tutorials and showcase videos. If you search on utube anything related to SA:MP tutorials, you will see the vast number of results there is. Now consider that all these people still looking for a tutorial will have to go directly there and look for one, instead of trafficking inside these forums. So technically, you are not fully preventing the traffic as you first thought you were.

At the end of the day, it's your forum, as you previously said, and changes go without saying. However, it is a major change that should be considered from a larger perspective than just yours.

And what's your opinion on DuckDuckGo?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I have backups of everything going back to the beginning of the mod. Nothing has been destroyed.

That brings up another point where old forum threads need to be pruned to keep the database running smooth.
Can you upload the old video with SA-MP New Year theme and with Big City Life soundtrack? Nostalgic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggiz
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you upload the old video with SA-MP New Year theme and with Big City Life soundtrack? Nostalgic.
You misspelled Liar* Also why does your name and avatar look so familiar, i also wonder wheree does aissuR stand on the map hmm...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Googoyle have a long history of running services, making people rely on them, then shutting them down or dramatically altering the terms.
I will miss Googoyle+ as well, my friend.

I don't understand people who complain about YT being blocked, what does this have to do with SA-MP dying? Take it as a new forum feature and be proud of it(I also hope users will be eventually allowed to upload a little bigger videos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3s0
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't understand people who complain about YT being blocked, what does this have to do with SA-MP dying? Take it as a new forum feature and be proud of it(I also hope users will be eventually allowed to upload a little bigger videos)

I don't understand people who complain about other people complaining, what does this have to do with you? Take it as a discussion and be proud of it(I also hope users will eventually regain their brain cells after reading your post)

Quote:
View Post
I started sa-mp because I wanted to play GTA with other people. I didn\'t have much interest in single player games. I expected the project to last about 2 years, then throw it away. But as one group of people got bored with sa-mp, another group would show up. Realistically, without the massive Russian player base sa-mp may have shut down already. I expected it to die off every year since about 2009.

The hosted list came online in 2010, and it was added because server owners requested it. It\'s really a stretch for you to say you\'re my client because some Russian server is on the hosted list. You probably look at sa-mp as being one big blob: the client, the server, the lists, the wiki, the hosted tab. But all of these services are seperate. The client and server can run without this website, server lists or the forum. If I shut down this forum, it wouldn\'t have any immediate effects on sa-mp, only long term effects. Same with the server lists.
I\'am Russian, and I don\'t like your politic about this site/forum. Just a personal question, do you follow the political situation in Russia? Do you using dnscrypt and VPN, only to look through the pages on the Internet? You have too one-sided opinion about the authoritarian regime, conspiracy (say hello уоитубе and g00gle), and about life in Russia as a whole.

About sa-mp - you don\'t want to continue developing mod? Fine! Do something with him, I mean opensource it, or shut down all it completely. I don\'t care if you ban my account or not answer on this message , but remember, it\'s not cool to indulge your selfishness.

/thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooteR1990
View Post
About sa-mp - you don\'t want to continue developing mod? Fine! Do something with him, I mean opensource it, or shut down all it completely. I don\'t care if you ban my account or not answer on this message , but remember, it\'s not cool to indulge your selfishness.

/thread
What has this to do with Kye not developing samp?

The answer is simple, and he stated it!

His forums = He does whatever the twat he wants with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKarim
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't understand people who complain about other people complaining, what does this have to do with you? Take it as a discussion and be proud of it(I also hope users will eventually regain their brain cells after reading your post)
Funny, even after all those years I have been inactive on this forum I knew someone will reply something like this!

I got one question for all of you complaining about YT being censored and you "being and owning this community". How did you contribute to SA-MP and its forums? (Except being toxic duck.)

I can't believe Kalcor is still continuing this old project even tho half of you can't respect his one simple decision unrelated to SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooteR1990
Посмотреть сообщение
About sa-mp - you don't want to continue developing mod? Fine! Do something with him, I mean opensource it, or shut down all it completely. I don't care if you ban my account or not answer on this message , but remember, it's not cool to indulge your selfishness.
/thread
If GTA:SA goes open source, I'll open source samp. Until that time I don't think samp is a very good open source project because it's a mod written for a proprietary game. Put simply, how could I assign a code license for code which isn't my own?

What exactly is the benefit for me to open source? Wouldn't I be better off keeping the code for some future project?

It looks like the sa-mp code is going die with this project.

Open source licenses are rarely respected in the modern world. I open sourced vc-mp but people who obtained the code didn't respect the license and now it's dead.

Someone highly motivated to work on a project like this doesn't need source. They can code it themselves. I started with nothing remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3s0
Посмотреть сообщение
I can't believe Kalcor is still continuing this old project even tho half of you can't respect his one simple decision unrelated to SA-MP.
word

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
The answer is simple, and he stated it!

His forums = He does whatever the twat he wants with it.
That\'s such a cop out response, pushing your political beliefs about a platform by censoring it when at least half of the people disagree with the ban with no prior discussion or poll is pretty inconsiderate to the people who do actually care about SA-MP and/or make contributions to it. I get that the mod\'s free and I don\'t need to be here if I don\'t agree with it but I don\'t think a lot of people appreciate getting told something along the lines of "this is my view point, don\'t care if you agree so deal with it lol".

As for the alternative provided, it should up to par with yt in terms of someone just taking a video they made and just slapping it up on the forums rather than having to worry if its the right format (i.e. is it .mp4 or not), proper codecs, resolution, audio and time restrictions, etc.

@Klchor

Hello! We are still waiting for updates of SAMP, are you planning to finalize 0.3DL? Many servers do not want to upgrade to this version because it is raw and has many bugs, everyone is waiting for you to complete it. Finish 0.3DL, please.

How many of you who complain here contributed to this forum community with your "YT videos"?

Well, I did. Do I mind his decision? No.

If YT wasn\'t a bitch with you already, doesn\'t mean it won\'t.

Also I guess you like spending your life on useless ads(unless you have adblocker and have fun blocking them on all devices you use everyday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
Посмотреть сообщение
@Klchor

Hello! We are still waiting for updates of SAMP, are you planning to finalize 0.3DL? Many servers do not want to upgrade to this version because it is raw and has many bugs, everyone is waiting for you to complete it. Finish 0.3DL, please.
Perhaps you should explain what bugs there are. I haven't encountered any that aren't in the main branch.

The next update will hopefully just merge the 2 branches. I love the DL branch. That's the only way it will be popularized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
Perhaps you should explain what bugs there are. I haven't encountered any that aren't in the main branch.

The next update will hopefully just merge the 2 branches. I love the DL branch. That's the only way it will be popularized.
We discussed this in the Russian section, if you don’t understand what is written there I can try to translate it for you.
https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=18

And here are some more errors about which I wrote a separate topic:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=646279
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=644907
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=645450

In addition, there are much older mistakes that no one fixes:
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Bugs

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If GTA:SA goes open source, I'll open source samp. Until that time I don't think samp is a very good open source project because it's a mod written for a proprietary game. Put simply, how could I assign a code license for code which isn't my own?

What exactly is the benefit for me to open source? Wouldn't I be better off keeping the code for some future project?

It looks like the sa-mp code is going die with this project.

Open source licenses are rarely respected in the modern world. I open sourced vc-mp but people who obtained the code didn't respect the license and now it's dead.

Someone highly motivated to work on a project like this doesn't need source. They can code it themselves. I started with nothing remember.
Its obvious that you're no longer motivated with SA-MP, I get it, you've been at it for more than 13 years now.
But why don't you give it to some Beta Tester? Or even a former developer (who's a BT now) like Y_Less?
He's shown that he'd be willing to take it on and he'd probably want to take over and do something with it. It would be better for the community, and probably better for you. You won't have to murder yourself looking at 20 messages asking the same question "update when pls ? "

However, unlike everyone else in this thread, I think open sourcing SA-MP would be a huge mistake.