What motivates you, to bring back the community and server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
Посмотреть сообщение
Do what you feel is right, take suggestions from the players that are active and play. Implement those suggestions (if you find them suiting for your server) your way, and you won't disappoint them. Just stick to your way and how you want the server to be, then the players will accept that and send suggestions that are close to your servers style
Hmm. I've put it online on a low slot server for now. I think I'll go from there one step at a time, especially with my time being freed up a little as the end of the university year draws very near.

Its always been the staff of my server for me, I can't script, so I tried opening servers with a few of my friends in the past.
I know how to manage a staff team, but when you open a server with your friend, he, of course, intervenes, hiring some dumb admins, mostly some young kids, and they eventually ruin the server. How are you supposed to assist your players, when your senior ranked admins are /report-ing for help... And then I just gave up trying to open servers and got involved with some creative stuff, initially, it was mapping, then a bit of graphic designing.

Here are some good tips if you're a server owner:
  • In the end I will advise all new server owners to keep an eye on your staff team, make sure they work as they're supposed to, don't be too friendly with them, be rude if you have to, its the only way to properly manage the team. You need to make them understand that you're superior in rank to them, and you will not tolerate any mishaps, because it will damage your server's reputation.
  • Never hesitate in firing/removing staff members if they are not performing as per your standards.
  • Always prioritise listening to players.
  • Having a stable player base is more important than having a higher player base, so make sure you can convince players to stay at your server, rather than luring them in with things like rewards/refunds(Although its still nice to offer rewards from time to time, on things like christmas,halloween,eid etc...) especially never try to lure people with staff positions because in most new roleplay servers people just come to the server after seeing the word "Hiring" and leave after not getting an admin rank.

I'm generally done with samp. It was great like 8-10 years ago when i had own server and a small community. But all my friends have moved to other games. Some of them have also quitted PC gaming.

Nothing can bring back anything. SA-MP's player base is getting older and doesn't attract the younger generation. I used to play SA-MP when I was 10 years old and I had a lot of free time and was enjoying this game as fuq. But here I am now 20 years old and I lost my interest. I don't have time at all to play. Even if I do, it's not the same as the old gold times. Nothing can bring the old gold times. Also there are more entertaining games for my age and fast round ones. Like CS:GO. Even if I play one game, I get bored really easily. And GTA:V is way way more advanced and better if I would want to RP.