What motivates you, to bring back the community and server?

What motivates you to bring back/re-open your community and the server? Maybe some of you even shut down your community few times in the past and then again re-opened.

What you mean by community ?
In server ads i see all the time that they have some community there.

I just closed my server because it was hard to manage and hard to get trustful and reliable admins/mods , And now i am planning to re-open just because i miss those days and many players have requested it back.

Hence planning to open in a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
Посмотреть сообщение
I just closed my server because it was hard to manage and hard to get trustful and reliable admins/mods , And now i am planning to re-open just because i miss those days and many players have requested it back.
That would be my main motivation too...
There were some people who appreciated all my efforts above all else, me being impartial.
I had their respect even though I often took away a lot as means of punishment.
However, as pointed out above, if you're gonna run a server, you need time and a team you can rely on.
I'm lacking both. I have other priorities now and the people I would rely on have left SA-MP completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
However, as pointed out above, if you're gonna run a server, you need time and a team you can rely on.
A point, Good point.

Nowadays if you hire one at a higher post you’ll be worried and tensed about his Decisions, His requirements and much more to be considered.

Why i am planning to re-open is because this time it’ll be different, Alot different than before which led me to shut the server down with 40+ players.

I miss those moments back in 2010..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
Посмотреть сообщение
A point, Good point.
Nowadays if you hire one at a higher post you’ll be worried and tensed about his Decisions, His requirements and much more to be considered.
Having people with lower level works, I guess, but I think the best staff you can have is a staff that has equal authority among themselves.
That's how you encourage them to be a team. A team will act as one and will sick together in better or worse.
If you're gonna form a team you don't do it by asking "who wants to be my partner/helper?".
At the very least, you'll form a group of people, but that group won't be a team by definition, because they won't really care at all about eachother.
And you're bound to learn that the hard way or the fucked up way.

I met a lot of people these years through sa-mp. Dozens who I got along really well while playing.
Of all these hundreds people, the number of ones I can actually rely on forming a team and making decisions on my behalf is 5.
And I'm proud to say that I'd trust each one of them to actually take my place, have full access to everything, and not screw up once.
This comes after you get to know them to a certain degree, even though it's only through voice chat.
I'm actually lucky enough to have met one of them in person, and I'm now planning to meet other two in the next 2 months.
Things like this get me very motivated to start something new. Too bad we don't have the time for it.

Never had a server but from what I see most of the times close their server because of lack players.
I guess owners think that things will go better than before, people will come and everything will be perfect.

Never opened my own server. Just a manager once, but I left that position to transfer to a new different server.

In my opinion, much players wanted me to start my community again, it was a friendly, funny and great one, I wish I can open it again.
But about the reason why I shutdown mine, is because of lack of money to continue hosting the servers and the website.

Coding.

It's the lack of time for me that really keeps me away from coding anything related to sa-mp, as much as I love scripting in pawn, I can't help but let people down.

I've probably opened and shut down my community like 6 times. Sometimes I had no time, sometimes no money to pay for hosting as I was not working and sometimes I had no feeling like doing it. It was until the past year when I started it again for the 7th time and lost interest, so I gave it up. Now nothing can motivate me to code a SA-MP server or anything related to SA-MP. I just switched games and that's all.

A few years back SA-MP was a big deal, a lot of great people and a lot of fun, now it's nothing like that.

For me it's the fact that I'm much older and wiser now than I was when I was actively involved with SA-MP 5+ years ago or whatever. Now I've got more programming knowledge, more marketing experience, more community management experience, and just a whole different mindset than I did back then.

I still regularly interact with a LOT of the SA-MP friends I did back then, and I still see viability in the game as a whole, so I'm keen to give this another go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoussemKeyCo
Посмотреть сообщение
In my opinion, much players wanted me to start my community again, it was a friendly, funny and great one, I wish I can open it again.
But about the reason why I shutdown mine, is because of lack of money to continue hosting the servers and the website.
I know that this is easier said than done, but the key to that problem is giving players a really good and convincing incentive to donate to the server, e.g, having a special currency in the server (which they can use to buy special items, or perks), be it gold or whatever, $1 = 1 GOLD or however you want it to be.

If you succeed in that, you'd have a decent amount of donors in your server which would sustain it's longevity.

Having your own community is like making your own virtual world.Its fun to see players hanging around your server and enjoying it.After all till this day SA-MP is still nostalgic to me(Servers that are mostly tidy and simple made with nice dynamic systems, ones full of unnecessary textdraws are kind of a mess.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike861
Посмотреть сообщение
Having your own community is like making your own virtual world.Its fun to see players hanging around your server and enjoying it.After all till this day SA-MP is still nostalgic to me(Servers that are mostly tidy and simple made with nice dynamic systems, ones full of unnecessary textdraws are kind of a mess.)
True.

Some servers gets your screen bombarded and filled with horribly placed, eye-sore textdraws and it makes it look like a cheap arcade game, instantly discourages you from staying in the server. That's one thing every developer should avoid doing.

I've so much ideas and motivation to put into the servers but I failed to put them online, up and running. SA-MP's official team and the community has least to none communication in between which demotivates me, if I can get a word that they are still going to fix issues that we're going to face and provide support (and updates!) can surely bring many of us to put our time and dreams into reality.

I'm so much interested to run a Human Vs Zombies TDM server, a COD TDM server (I was developing one before with a friend of mine and we ran for 1 year or more) and a roleplay server.

In my opinion, SA-MP is another GMOD, just not maintained properly.

Well to build a very stable community, you need to have a lot of loyal players and staff members in it, budget, unique game mode style, and a proper advertisement for it to be shown in the forum. If any of this is missing, it'll die out easily unless if maintained properly.

My issue was, and still is that I try to take on too much. I ran a light RP and a TDM mode for years. Their most recent shutdown was late 2016/early last year. The main thing I regret from that? I didn't focus enough on the TDM server. I still know of a few people who would love for that gamemode to reappear, but I am unsure about doing so as I do not want to let those people down (again).

I have closed my community which had over 10 servers and each of them min 50 players because I lost motivation in samp due to no updates for years in samp client and then 0.3.8 was released but was too lazy to re-open.I don’t think I am going to re open anyways because of the huge playerbase drop in samp itself.

Oh also the russians using fake players fucked us all.