SA-MP 0.3.8 version cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Obviously you think you are psychic and know when the release will be, but I can assure you, that you aren't.

This is why I said what I said above ( http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...9&postcount=65 )... Even though the 0.3.8 has been cancelled, the way SVN/GIT works is that you run branches, which have different configs, and enhancements done on them.

They're easily brought across to other versions, so therefore, don't panic, it will be back at some stage.

It was an RC client, so you running your server on it, is very silly, as it's not a release, so therefore, as it has been, it can be withdrawn at any time.

All you need to do is have patience, and it will be brought out whenever it is deemed ready.

Just because it's not going to be named 0.3.8, doesn't change anything.

'YouHack' do you understand development cycles, or anything related to that? No? That's enough for me to know you're not worth my time...
Wow, do you really have to talk down to people like that?, do you really have to be so bland and rude as fuck?

Now.. you do understand that everyone is legitimately pissed off?, an do you also understand that labeling, belittling or talking down to people won't make it any better?

An correction for your previous post about us being failures, we're not failures at all and you have no right to label us all that.. Plus, we're not just making out that it's terrible, it is fuckin terrible, terrible practice.. terrible development.. terrible terrible terrible.

Sadcakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten
Посмотреть сообщение
Yep. Don't expect any updates anytime soon!
I don't see this as a tragedy like most do, however it will drastically reduce the number of server adopting the DL feature, and it will (temporarily) split the userbase between 0.3.7 and 0.3.7-DL until 0.3.9 has been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen52
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't see this as a tragedy like most do, however it will drastically reduce the number of server adopting the DL feature, and it will (temporarily) split the userbase between 0.3.7 and 0.3.7-DL until 0.3.9 has been released.
0.3.7 (Server & client) released in 2015, 0.3.7-R2 (client) 0.3.7-R2-1-2 (server) released in 2017.
so after calculations.

2017 - 2015 = 2 years for a half done version, so 0.3.7-DL will be released in 2017+2 = 2019 and then 0.3.9 in 2019+(2*2) = 2023. since its 2 years for every half version (R2)

Meet ya in 2023!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon™
Посмотреть сообщение
0.3.7 (Server & client) released in 2015, 0.3.7-R2 (client) 0.3.7-R2-1-2 (server) released in 2017.
so after calculations.

2017 - 2015 = 2 years for a half done version, so 0.3.7-DL will be released in 2017+2 = 2019 and then 0.3.9 in 2019+(2*2) = 2023. since its 2 years for every half version (R2)

Meet ya in 2023!
LOOOOOOOOOOOL
WTF Dude!
Yeah Byee! See you in 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
Nah sew, this is just your brain shitting on you again, it's making you think that you know everything better than anyone, I've seen you shit on tons of threads. It's my fucking opinion and i can speculate whatever the fuck i want, you can't force your opinion/point of view over mine so back the fuck off, grow up and shove your methodology up your ass.
I think it's about time you chilled out, and maybe took a ban or some shit... Everything you're coming back with is simply attacks, showing you don't understand this, have no come-back and are simply being mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa[DGZ]
Посмотреть сообщение
Wow, do you really have to talk down to people like that?, do you really have to be so bland and rude as fuck?

Now.. you do understand that everyone is legitimately pissed off?, an do you also understand that labeling, belittling or talking down to people won't make it any better?

An correction for your previous post about us being failures, we're not failures at all and you have no right to label us all that.. Plus, we're not just making out that it's terrible, it is fuckin terrible, terrible practice.. terrible development.. terrible terrible terrible.
I'm simply blunt.

There is no reason for anyone to be pissed off. I'm not labelling, or belittling anyone who hasn't already whinged that everything they made is for nothing, and that the version being cancelled is bad...

THE FEATURES WILL BE BROUGHT IN AT A LATER DATE...

And as for your non-point about development, MANY, MANY, MANY projects run MULTIPLE BRANCHES, and they MERGE THEM IN LATER ON....

And this is EXACTLY what is happening here.

I don't see why people can't understand this, considering this is a development forum.

I myself use multiple branches on SVN for my gamemode, and it works out well when you want to run a version that uses the streamer, one that doesn't, one that uses MySQL, another using SQLite, another using plain files...

It's not that hard to understand branching, but obviously people want to call me out over something I'm saying, which I simply class as White Knighting...

After all, you're taking offence at a comment I make about people who are freaking out like the end of the world is coming, when it's not even occurring.

Why did this Kalcor? there are many servers under development in 0.3.8.

"There is lack of interest in the downloading feature by most of the existing SA-MP servers."

I don't know where you got this, but i see a lot of people wanted this features (including myself), they were asking it since some years on this forum... And maybe not everyone is downloading the version yet, since it's in development, but if it's out of development a lot of servers/people will use it.

Oh yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
People that are spitting the dummy and acting like they actually shut their server down for the 'release', and those who are whinging about coding for the new release, and not being able to use it, are simply using this as an excuse for their failures.
Speaking of psychics looks like you already know everyone against this is a failure, that was totally not belittling everyone who disagreed with this, it's simple, people worked hard on the update, they don't want to wait years for it, they have their opinions and you have your shitty ones doesn't give you the right to shit on everyone else's call on this. I'm coming with attacks, says the guy who came outta nowhere calling everyone a failure, hey guys, you're wrong! you're wrong! we are all wrong! sew_sucky is always right! i think its about time you get a ban or some shit.

What the actual fuck? Im done with samp now, bye...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon™
Посмотреть сообщение
so after calculations.

Meet ya in 2023!
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD See you later in 2023!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukssamp
Посмотреть сообщение
What the actual fuck? Im done with samp now, bye...
>2 posts

That was fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh yeah
Speaking of psychics looks like you already know everyone against this is a failure, that was totally not belittling everyone who disagreed with this, it's simple, people worked hard on the update, they don't want to wait years for it, they have their opinions and you have your shitty ones doesn't give you the right to shit on everyone else's call on this.
The features will be added later... What part of that do you not understand? Do we need a signer to sign that out for you?

No-one has been working harder on the update than Kalcor and the sa-mp team... Everyone who's making out that their coding effort for gamemodes is for nothing, are literally cutting their nose off to spite their face... After all....

IT'S BEING ADDED LATER..........

But it's fine... If anyone is bailing out and wants to throw their code out, then by all means, PM me with the code, and I'll take it off your hands if you're so mad... And being that people will throw it away at this 'state' of the 'conversation' then I won't be paying for it either...

Seriously, you don't understand development if you don't understand branch mechanics... What you see on peoples 'releases' in github, could honestly have 10-20 branches... You only see one.

Really though, cut the attacks and the insults, as you are simply showing yourself to also be immature and unable to handle having a civil discussion, or even a debate...

I stand by my statements 110%, as I know what I'm saying.

Yeah, im playing samp almoust 4 years, but i was not interested in forums

what the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
One important thing I'd suggest is, make 0.3.7-DL servers visible in the 0.3.7 serverlist, but when someone tries to connect to one, a message will pop up saying 'download 0.3.7-DL to join this server for custom skins' or something. This way, servers can run on 0.3.7-DL without being invisible to a pretty big part of the community that will stick to 0.3.7.

@Kalcor
Will the features that are not related to the downloading make their way into the 0.3.7-DL version too?
It would be lame if they didn't cause the update would lose its charm, having only the download feature and missing out on the good stuff that roll out with other 0.3.7 updates but were already in 0.3.8 RC.

Good job Kalcor i told you that :P now listen me again and add more usefull functions into 0.3.7 and fix some bugs e.g sniper rifle or surfing vehicle

W-What?! "Lack of interest(...)" ?! I'm currently developing my server on 0.3.8!!! This update was my only hope for SA:MP to create a server with custom models! There are so many server developing on 0.3.8! Me included! Why Kalcor? That's ridiculous...

@Sew_Sumi

My apologies for taking what you said the wrong way.. you're right an I just lashed out over nothing.