SA-MP 0.3.8 version cancelled

Lack of interest? Countless people have been hyped over it, and what it could mean. I feel most of them (like myself) weren't all quick to go and download it to their server as it wasn't an official release.

Kalcor come on...

I'm fucking done with your bullshit man..

Just finish this and anyone who has no interest, disables the system ...

Quote:

The textdraw system is likely to be upgraded in future RCs, having features similar to MaterialText, so I'd recommend against using downloaded textures for text messages.

I made so many skins ready for the release on Horizon Gaming.

I spent more than 10 hours learning to use Blender ;-; I shit in my fucking life fucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking lifefucking life

I expected more new features ... How sad: /

Honestly what I wonder is that the download system is optional. I did not understand until now why cancel it.

If you do not want to use it, simply artwork => 0 in server.cfg

Well now that it's cancelled, I guess you can start working on fixing those bugs, aye kalcor?

Rip anyone who's basing a gamemode on 0.3.8,
Quote:

to be honest, NO-ONE will download the DL version, since it won't be listed at sa-mp.com (optional download).
so why wasting time on that shit? Don't you many servers just wasted a bunch of money and time to create models and hire modders & mappers from different countries, JUST to bring something unique to the scene, and you just did destroy everything after 5 months of dreams and hope for a new start.

well, this unbelievable.
You destroyed everything, again.

EDIT:

there's no difference between 0.3.8 and 7. there's artwork, but it is toggleable. so why disabling the whole version, while you can still launch it and let the users choose what they want.

Quote:

0.3.8 was going to let you disable it serverside. If it's not the official release than it's no good to anyone because many people play multiple servers and aren't going to change their version everytime they want to play a different server.

Read this kalcor please think further about this, the decision was taken too fast, this 0.3.8 hype has brought more delight into the samp scene again and by doing this and canceling the updates you promised is just frustrating and WILL cause withdrawals.

Quite the opposite that of a "lack of interest". Many, many people were hyped up and invested in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение

Read this kalcor please think further about this, the decision was taken too fast, this 0.3.8 hype has brought more delight into the samp scene again and by doing this and canceling the updates you promised is just frustrating.
It's very disappointing. I think every community was excited about this feature.
I believe that it is not a majority of the servers, but his lack of interest in continuing this version. Even because, SA-MP was 2 years without any update.

RIP SAMP highly doubt it will receive another update for another 5 years.

Man, don't do this to SA-MP users. 0.3.8 version was going to get back some people to play again. We really need this version to be out, please!

I support this comment, read this please.

Quote:

to be honest, NO-ONE will download the DL version, since it won't be listed at sa-mp.com (optional download).
so why wasting time on that shit? Don't you many servers just wasted a bunch of money and time to create models and hire modders & mappers from different countries, JUST to bring something unique to the scene, and you just did destroy everything after 5 months of dreams and hope for a new start.

well, this unbelievable.
You destroyed everything, again.

EDIT:

there's no difference between 0.3.8 and 7. there's artwork, but it is toggleable. so why disabling the whole version, while you can still launch it and let the users choose what they want.
Quote:
0.3.8 was going to let you disable it serverside. If it's not the official release than it's no good to anyone because many people play multiple servers and aren't going to change their version everytime they want to play a different server.

Quote:

Read this kalcor please think further about this, the decision was taken too fast, this 0.3.8 hype has brought more delight into the samp scene again and by doing this and canceling the updates you promised is just frustrating and WILL cause withdrawals.

You're kidding, right?
As you are going to say, there is no interest in the 0.3.8, if many people from the sa-mp community were learning to use blender, even looking to learn about the 0.3.8, you have to understand that opening a Server in the 0.3.8 from one day to the next, it is not easy, since you have to work on many things.
It really seems to me a lack of respect on your part, because many of us had planned to open a Server with 0.3.8, and you are coming out with this.

Seriously I should re-consider leaving the 0.3.8, and not change its name, at least not continue with it, but leave the server as is.
Honestly I was excited about this, but this news seems too illogical, but hey, you are the owner of sa-mp, you will see what it does, if it wins people, or loses its community, that hurts the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky_
Посмотреть сообщение
It's very disappointing. I think every community was excited about this feature.
I believe that it is not a majority of the servers, but his lack of interest in continuing this version. Even because, SA-MP was 2 years without any update.
That's probably it though. We can all agree the recent updates are very neat and it's unfortunate that it's cancelled but when you're burned out from something, getting back involved is more than often unsuccessful.

I doubt we're going to see another update after this.

So I guess the DL version requires it's own client and won't be backwards compatible with standard 0.3.7 servers?, if so you've just divided the community into two groups just for a simple feature??

I would like to hear from the server owners who are against this and why they are against it?!

What a joke, best thing you've done for this community is skipping out on updates. Better go on a 4 year vacation now, because that's best you're good at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
That's probably it though. We can all agree the recent updates are very neat and it's unfortunate that it's cancelled but when you're burned out from something, getting back involved is more than often unsuccessful.

I doubt we're going to see another update after this.
+1 to this i highly think this was done to avoid doing more updates and the further updates that were promised including the textdraws one.
+1 to reyo too. And for the first time i agree with this guy called killa.

Can you not make it toggle-able from server.cfg?

THEIR lack of interest doesn't mean you should cancel it for ALL.