Copyright. (Maps, models, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaikerH
Посмотреть сообщение
The subject has been diverted a lot, haha.
I only asked, how to really know what models can be, and which ones can not be downloaded, that can be extracted from other games.
Hasn't really diverted much at all... After all, in the scope of things, it's about other peoples work, as that's what game files from other games are, and the reason why they are copyrighted.

We've just expanded to the point where other peoples work, being downloaded from a secondary source than the authors site. Which, when we go back to it, is exactly the same as ripping it from a game file, and simply chucking it up.

It's not your work, and you need to ask. If it can't be replied to, then you'll have to look for other mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiki574
Посмотреть сообщение
dafuq u expected in community that has 90% servers ran by 10 year olds?
In a community where the lead has made a rule, for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Hasn't really diverted much at all... After all, in the scope of things, it's about other peoples work, as that's what game files from other games are, and the reason why they are copyrighted.

We've just expanded to the point where other peoples work, being downloaded from a secondary source than the authors site. Which, when we go back to it, is exactly the same as ripping it from a game file, and simply chucking it up.

It's not your work, and you need to ask. If it can't be replied to, then you'll have to look for other mods.
I understand, I think that with your answer I already have it clear.

Why are you guys making such a big deal about copyrights, this is a small online community of at most 50000 players. Do you really think any big company has people checking if their content is in other video games? Especially SA-MP which is a mod that most people don't even know it exists. No company is gonna bother to try contacting you for some model that looks like theirs. You're owning a game server on an obscure game-mod, not a company. The chances of someone noticing or even complaining is like 0.0000001%

Truth is, there are soo many models out there that there is no way to check if all of them are in another videogame/server (except if you extracted them yourself). So basically you should only worry about that if you get caught.

I'm not saying you should start stealing models from other games but this is just a game server, you don't have to think about any of that jeez.

If you bring yourself to steal models from other videogames/server; your server must really suck anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4bdel
Посмотреть сообщение
Why are you guys making such a big deal about copyrights, this is a small online community of at most 50000 players. Do you really think any big company has people checking if their content is in other video games?
SA-MP made the rule, people are asking clarification. Small isn't 50k.

And to top it off, apparently Kalcor, or some 'trusted members' will remove you from the hosted/internet list if you have models deemed to breach.

So pretty sure that there's valid reason to be asking, clarifying, and checking about what is and what isn't breach.

my opinion is: If u don't agree with the rules of the samp owner.do not use it.there's another online mod for gta that doesn't have so much rules as samp.so if u feel limited and maybe censored in this community,there's another option.

But I honestly don't know why putting copyright rules in here. Other platform never had problem with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture1997
Посмотреть сообщение
my opinion is: If u don't agree with the rules of the samp owner.do not use it.there's another online mod for gta that doesn't have so much rules as samp.so if u feel limited and maybe censored in this community,there's another option.

But I honestly don't know why putting copyright rules in here. Other platform never had problem with that.
You couldn't have said it clearer.

It only remains to respect the rights by Kalcor official standard.