Copyright. (Maps, models, etc.)

I have a doubt.
Kalcor mentions that there are models of other games that are not allowed to be used in the new version, to maintain the samp environment, but. How can I know which skins, objects, and other things to use, and which ones not?

I'm confused about the subject.

You could always ask someone else to make sure it's not used in another game but generally when you download a skin, it'll say if it's from another game or not.

You're not allowed to use original work from other games. It's also called 'stealing'. If you create your own stuff or download stuff from others which made be available for everyone, then you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
You could always ask someone else to make sure it's not used in another game but generally when you download a skin, it'll say if it's from another game or not.
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnitzer
View Post
You're not allowed to use original work from other games. It's also called 'stealing'. If you create your own stuff or download stuff from others which made be available for everyone, then you will be fine.
Yes that's what I mean.
But. How to know if I break the rules with regard to extracting models from another game?
For example, you tell me "If you create your own things or downloads of others that were available to everyone, you'll be fine", I, for my part, make my own models.
That is to say. Can I use models of any game, as long as they are free on the Internet, or how? (That is, extracted and converted, I do not understand this part well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaikerH
View Post
Eh?
You cannot rip content from other games or mods, if you're not sure if using a model breaks that rule, better to not use it.

Quote:
View Post
download stuff from others which made be available for everyone, then you will be fine.
That's plain out bullshit right there... Even if it's uploaded by someone else, doesn't change that you don't have rights to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
That's plain out bullshit right there... Even if it's uploaded by someone else, doesn't change that you don't have rights to use it.
Thanks for saying that's bullshit. You could also tell me this in a nicer way, dude.

I exactly meant it like you said, it was just phrased wrongly. I meant with "made be available" more "the intention of this upload (of a self created model) was to share it with other projects so that they can use it". I didn't mean that you can just use models from other games just because they were uploaded on some page. You could also apply common sense the next time. I'm also not allowed to download movies from the internet just because they were uploaded. Please apply common sense the next time before writing posts like that.

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for saying that's bullshit. You could also tell me this in a nicer way, dude.

I exactly meant it like you said, it was just phrased wrongly. I meant with "made be available" more "the intention of this upload (of a self created model) was to share it with other projects so that they can use it". I didn't mean that you can just use models from other games just because they were uploaded on some page. You could also apply common sense the next time. I'm also not allowed to download movies from the internet just because they were uploaded. Please apply common sense the next time before writing posts like that.
Mm .. Well, in a few words, what I can understand is "you can download it, but you can not at the same time."
I think I understand a little about how this is working on the rights, but good...

Quote:
View Post

I don't need to be 'nice' about it when you're passing out half-truths without even thinking.

Even if someone says it's fine for people to use what they 'made', doesn't mean they haven't simply downloaded something from someone else, which isn't of their own work.

Blindly thinking that because you've beenallowed to download it, just because it's out there, obviously shows you have no idea about what rights people are supposed to be getting.

Sure, you can download a mod for private use... Which is what the creator was meaning for... But for you to use it on your server, then you actually have to ask them, and not simply chuck it on your server.

This is how it is, there is no changing it... Sure, I approve you to use it on your own machine, but the granting of allowance for you to use it, doesn't simply allow you to put it straight up on your server distributing it to others.

Now, again, I don't need to be 'nice' about it when you are distributing falsities...

Again? It was not clearly from last time? All models from internet are free for use.

Official version: Rip models not allowed.
Unofficial version: You know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
Посмотреть сообщение
Again? It was not clearly from last time? All models from internet are free for use.
Pretty sure allowing someone to use it on their PC, is different to hosting a server using that model on your server...

It's like I give you my mix tape, you take that mix tape to a rave, and run it without giving me even a mention... You get all the "OMFG HE'S SO GOOD!" and I get sweet fuck all...

Do you understand this situation anymore now?

Whilst someone allows you to install it on your own machine, via THEIR download, you're now passing it off to everyone on your server with no need to know who took their time to make the model.

What if we create a model inspired by another game but not exacly same shape as orginal, with own texture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
Посмотреть сообщение
What I asked earlier was different.
If my Post bothers you too much, do not read or respond. Is it clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagic
Посмотреть сообщение
What if we create a model inspired by another game but not exacly same shape as orginal, with own texture?
You can use it while it is your own creation, that is, you have created it, but while it is stolen, I guess you can not use it.

The truth is that the subject is a bit confusing, but anyway, it would be good to make it very clear, that it can be used really, and that it can not.

Thats all bullshit. Kalcor himself released VC conversion to SA for samp. That is VC rip to start with so just dont rip other servers and i guess it will all be fine. After all half of GTA mods are models from other games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
Thats all bullshit. Kalcor himself released VC conversion to SA for samp. That is VC rip to start with so just dont rip other servers and i guess it will all be fine. After all half of GTA mods are models from other games...
this.

Simple as this, if the original creator of a model have provided his model for download, you can use it with credits mentioned in your game server; unless he wants to be unknown!

You can get loads of official stuff at gtaplace.com, gtagarage.com etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
Посмотреть сообщение
Simple as this, if the original creator of a model have provided his model for download, you can use it with credits mentioned in your game server; unless he wants to be unknown!

You can get loads of official stuff at gtaplace.com, gtagarage.com etc...
And you can just imagine how many are simply uploading the mods to their servers, with no credit, and are simply expecting it to be fine, as it was 'downloadable'...

I find this situation quite entertaining, as even just giving credits, doesn't actually give you permission in this case.

The subject has been diverted a lot, haha.
I only asked, how to really know what models can be, and which ones can not be downloaded, that can be extracted from other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
And you can just imagine how many are simply uploading the mods to their servers, with no credit, and are simply expecting it to be fine, as it was 'downloadable'...
dafuq u expected in community that has 90% servers ran by 10 year olds?