Assistance with converting files from PS2 version.

Attempting to convert a map, I've used a few converters to no avail as I still get the make error 2 on the KDFF which I believe means there are too many frames.

Could someone kindly assist? I'd be willing to pay for any time spent assisting me.

Thanks in advance.

Don't rip content from other games/mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
There will be a new rule added to the master list services agreement once the 0.3.8 lists go live. You can't use content from other games or mods in your server. Please keep that in mind when posting.

I'm confident that we can generate and source all the needed content ourselves. Many of the things I want to do involve simple edits of existing models. This rule will help to keep the art style consistent for most servers. No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=644495

Asking help with converting from PSA2 files of GTA SA isn't illegal or considered as "ripped off content". Either way, this is something I don't know how to do exactly. My best guess is you need to "rework" the models in 3ds max, then they could probably work.

Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
Don't rip content from other games/mods

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=644495
I have respect for you dude but you still shitpost. How is the PS2 version of GTA SA an "other game/mod"?

I think it's time for me to weigh in on this. I think the fact that Kalcor is banning content from other games is absurd, but ultimately it is his mod and he can do as he pleases.

How exactly would it be detrimental to SA-MP to actually let server owners do what they please? Is he too afraid of SA-MP looking too much like MTA? Even if they did let server owners use whatever models they please, how in the hell would that make SA-MP look anything like MTA? (It wouldn't, SA-MP is SA-MP and MTA is MTA, they are two VERY different mods that basically do the same thing)

Its an 11 year old mod and I don't see the need to be so nitpicky.

Are there legal implications of letting people use whatever models they want to? If so, I'm an idiot and Kalcor is doing this to cover his ass legally. If not, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.
Sorry, but that's gotta be the most untrue thing I've seen today. The whole purpose of modding GTA SA in the first place is to make it something it is not! Sure, models and game play concepts blatantly ripped and copied are disheartening to see, but in no way should I be punished for using a couple DayZ models on a DayZ server I worked my ass off on.

Actually profiting somehow directly from the few models I use from another game would of course be a problem, but how the hell would I do that as a server owner? Donate $2 and get a skin from some other game? Yeah, no. Its unfair to assume everybody is malicious and going to do that.

All that said, I think its safe to assume SA-MP is going to ban servers that try to make GTA SA anything other than "freeroam with no peds and some rp servers."

Also I will be pleasantly surprised if I see some actual informative replies to this instead of getting banned and my post deleted. I've been a member here for 7 years, I hope you'll give me the benefit of the doubt.

I do tend to agree with the above posted, but I do appreciate all responses. I was really doing it to learn more things but I respect the rules and retract the post.

Thanks Shurman.