Don't rip content from other games/mods

There will be a new rule added to the master list services agreement once the 0.3.8 lists go live. You can't use content from other games or mods in your server. Please keep that in mind when posting.

I'm confident that we can generate and source all the needed content ourselves. Many of the things I want to do involve simple edits of existing models. This rule will help to keep the art style consistent for most servers. No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.

rip mario kart boy...

RIP Naruto-RP

Soo. I can't add player skins from GTA V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.
That's a bold claim. I agree with mods being a no-no but depending on what game a server is using it's model from. It should be taken into consideration. People are already trying to port Liberty City or Vice City and that itself is getting admiration.

However, if it's from a game like GTA 5, or GTA 4 then that's an issue. As for mods, this rule should always apply unless they're given permission to use it on their server..

Wait, what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulommu
View Post
Wait, what?!

scooby dooby doo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer101
Посмотреть сообщение
People are already trying to port Liberty City or Vice City and that itself is getting admiration.
III and VC are older than SA, and most of us own copies of all 3. The same can't be said for later games. I own GTA IV, but not GTA V.

If you think you can run a server based on artwork from other games, you're asking me to provide cover for it, and I'm not going to do that. My intention was to create an MP mod for Vice City, then San Andreas. I now see the need to be able to modify some of the game's content without waiting for new versions of SA-MP.

Well my server is based on the walking dead movie and I had thought to use skin characters from the movie, would that be allowed?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
III and VC are older than SA, and most of us own copies of all 3. The same can't be said for later games. I own GTA IV, but not GTA V.

If you think you can run a server based on artwork from other games, you're asking me to provide cover for it, and I'm not going to do that. My intention was to create an MP mod for Vice City, then San Andreas. I now see the need to be able to modify some of the game's content without waiting for new versions of SA-MP.
I think it's an excellent idea, to tell the truth, it's better to work with new models for SAMP, and not extract them from other gaming platforms.
For example, in my case, I have been developing new models created by my person, to add them and share them with the SAMP community.

My work: Clic in the url.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There will be a new rule added to the master list services agreement once the 0.3.8 lists go live. You can't use content from other games or mods in your server. Please keep that in mind when posting.

I'm confident that we can generate and source all the needed content ourselves. Many of the things I want to do involve simple edits of existing models. This rule will help to keep the art style consistent for most servers. No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.
I hope we the Users know how to make good use of their new SAMP developments, since this will give even more life to the Servers, and to each community.

Comrades, this is very sad.

Hello Kalcor, Internet list free for 0.3.8? or paid internet tab? I appreciate your answer, thanks.

Features beautiful for 0.3.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto
View Post
Hello Kalcor, Internet list free for 0.3.8? or paid internet tab? I appreciate your answer, thanks.

Features beautiful for 0.3.8.
As told by dugi, its working for now and maybe will be in the next update too

How will this be patrolled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunehildeep
View Post
As told by dugi, its working for now and maybe will be in the next update too
Is it certain? Kalcor, can you say something please?

Quote:
View Post
Well my server is based on the walking dead movie and I had thought to use skin characters from the movie, would that be allowed?
If you made them, maybe... You just can't really go out and export the game data of another game, and put it in your script without any authorization.

If you actually got the OK from someone, particularly the company/people that own the rights, to do so, you'd likely be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
If you made them, maybe... You just can't really go out and export the game data of another game, and put it in your script without any authorization.

If you actually got the OK from someone, particularly the company/people that own the rights, to do so, you'd likely be fine.
I was using this http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-sa...land-rick.html

Quote:
View Post
I don't think that can classified as being "ripped" since it is released ... ?

But seriously why would you even use Rick ... it's going to be retarded to see hundreds of Ricks running arround ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
I don't think that can classified as being "ripped" since it is released ... ?

But seriously why would you even use Rick ... it's going to be retarded to see hundreds of Ricks running arround ...
Actually that's just the one skin, I'll be making the player to select through the characters of The Walking Dead to be used as his skin.

How will you enforce this though? Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with idea. I was worried people would just rip stuff from other games/websites and then show it off getting all the credit and praise.

On an unrelated note, I already began making my own models that try to stick to SA theme as much as possible :P