Ban System need Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirou123
Посмотреть сообщение
And how does what I said contradict with what Kalcor said?
I said it's the player's hashed game path which is confirmed by the first statement. It's not unique, which means it will falsely ban other players. As for spoofing, it does change with various hacks (Most of the ones I tried at least) and you can find an other case here https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=603965. Now to be fair I never actually tried it myself and I had a prejudice based on many topic I've seen on the forums so I might give what was suggested in that post I linked to a shot.

OT: You can try using some of the available VPN detectors like this one which is what the OP asked for in the first place.
I've already stated that it is not accurate and that it would cause into other players not being able to connect if he doesn't remove it after a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
why unban? because hardware ids aren't accurate when it comes to players as MANY players can have the same hardware id so if you leave it without an unban it will lead to innocent players not being able to access your server
and yes it is not exactly the path it's derived from the installation path and was never documented so that other's wouldn't reverse it with those rainbow tables and decoders, again i say nothing can change it unless they re-install samp or change their pc or launch samp through a different client or a fucked up hacked client, it can be accurate in banning the ban evader but inaccurate to ban other's along that's why it should be removed, your post mentioned on the other hand is inaccurate as its only a list of ips and those are hardly ever kept updated and will never counter all vpns AND mostly the link dies after a while just like many of those other 'anti-vpns' you can't actually detect a vpn...

Messages In This Thread
Ban System need Help. - by MBilal - 28.12.2017, 16:37
Re: Ban System need Help. - by RogueDrifter - 28.12.2017, 17:55
Re: Ban System need Help. - by mirou123 - 28.12.2017, 18:55
Re: Ban System need Help. - by RogueDrifter - 28.12.2017, 18:56
Re: Ban System need Help. - by mirou123 - 28.12.2017, 19:06
Re: Ban System need Help. - by RogueDrifter - 28.12.2017, 19:14
Re: Ban System need Help. - by RogueDrifter - 28.12.2017, 19:31
Re: Ban System need Help. - by mirou123 - 28.12.2017, 20:12
Re: Ban System need Help. - by RogueDrifter - 28.12.2017, 20:31
Re: Ban System need Help. - by mirou123 - 28.12.2017, 20:39