samp-models.net - Your free SA:MP model hoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
View Post
Also a little problem I encountered when I clicked on an uploaded models image it would take me directly to the image link, but sometimes a display window would open, but not always.

Please look into that.
Yup, already known. Will be fixed later today.

An other redundant website. I dont know why u keep making this... I will always prefer if we have all the resources available on the main website(here).

Project stars were added and the bug that the lightbox (for viewing images) was not appearing is now fixed.

Split skins and objects in projects.

Sadly, this is turning into your everyday skin mod website. Everyone's just reposting skins they've found online, in different modding sites.

You should make this original content only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssMorgan
View Post
Split skins and objects in projects.
I agree, this would be indeed an improvement. Will work on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Sadly, this is turning into your everyday skin mod website. Everyone's just reposting skins they've found online, in different modding sites.

You should make this original content only.
Well, basically I agree. The problem here is that I cannot verify every single uploaded skin if it's the original work of the uploader or not. The rules are pretty clear on that: There shall no skin be uploaded when it's not allowed by the author. It would make me too much work to verify every single skin if it's working and double check if the uploader has the appropriate permission to share it. There will be a reporting function available soon, where projects can be reported by the creators if they are not ok with the upload on our site.

I'd very appreciate any suggestion on that topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnitzer
View Post
I agree, this would be indeed an improvement. Will work on that.

Well, basically I agree. The problem here is that I cannot verify every single uploaded skin if it's the original work of the uploader or not. The rules are pretty clear on that: There shall no skin be uploaded when it's not allowed by the author. It would make me too much work to verify every single skin if it's working and double check if the uploader has the appropriate permission to share it. There will be a reporting function available soon, where projects can be reported by the creators if they are not ok with the upload on our site.

I'd very appreciate any suggestion on that topic.
Just remove skins altogether really. All those models on that website were found off the web anyway, so if anyone needs skins they can find them on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Just remove skins altogether really. All those models on that website were found off the web anyway, so if anyone needs skins they can find them on their own.
The skin that I uploaded is made by me just for the purpose of page samp-models.net

What happens when people use other peoples models though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddin
View Post
The skin that I uploaded is made by me just for the purpose of page samp-models.net
And this also applies to some other user where I know that this skin was selfmade.

So here's the problem. It's not possible to verify who's the author and who not. I cannot just guess or role a dice to say like "OK, that skin is not created by the uploader". That's not possible and this is not the way how it's supposed to work.

I'll add a checkbox to make the uploader aware of this case that he must have the appropriate permissions - maybe the blue box isn't enough. More than that is not possible. I'll gonna add the reporting function by tomorrow to allow the real owners to send abuse reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
What happens when people use other peoples models though?
You mean that they upload them without any permission? I basically explained it above. It's not really possible to cover this scenario (at least the solution didn't come to my mind so far). It's like you're uploading a YouTube video and claim that it was created by yourself, but it actually isn't. The only thing what you can do is to report that video - in our case the project.

If it then turns out that the project was uploaded without any permission, it'll be removed by one of our staff members - for sure.

There was not much going on the last 4 weeks. I've been busy with other stuff, sorry. The promised features will be implemented soon. But anyways, we added a new feature to our site:

Server owners can now upload their models/texture (which are being used by their SA:MP servers) on our servers, in order to make them reachable via an http(s) link. That link can be used to redirect download requests (in PAWN) from clients to our servers. We compress those files before we send them back to the clients to improve download speed.

If you don't know how to redirect downloads in your SA:MP script, have a look at the filterscript dl_redirect.pwn (made by Kalcor)

You can test that feature by clicking 'My Files' in the user-navigation bar. (you need to be logged in)

If you have any questions, just leave a post here.

nice now it would be nice if u couild add actual good skins and plenty of models

I'm not experienced in creating models. This page was made for everyone so that we have a place where we can share models. Don't expect any work from my side regarding models.

Hello,
its a good initiative but only for the object, i think skin don't need to be centralized on a platform because we can download them on the san andreas mod site. You will use data on your hard drive for skin already uploaded

See you

We've added a list of the 5 newest projects to our main page. In the past week, there were quite some uploads.