Don't rip content from other games/mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
As Kalcor already mentioned, if someone steals and uses your shit, you can report them and get their server blacklisted.
As Kalcor already mentioned, if someone steals and uses your shit, he can report you and get your server blacklisted.

The complaint should take into account evidence, as anyone can report a server that does not violate the rules.

Surprising decision, if you have legal concerns then you should blacklist all servers with copyrighted names. Some examples are Call of Duty and other names that are just ripped. If you get my point then you'll understand how inconsistent this decision is. Making restrictions like these to a wonderful update is a huge waste in my eyes, at first you got everyones hopes up only to crush them again.

Sad to see how people not only can't get creative and feel the need to go out there and rip off content from other games. But they're never happy with whatever they're given.
You are being given the chances to create your own unique custom models and yet you still complain of how you can't steal content from other games?

You can have a unique set of custom models in your server giving it a touch of uniqueness, isn't that amazing?
Yes, maybe your models can be stolen(remember there's still a long way till the release of 0.3.8.), but how many times will that occur? A few? Out of thousands of servers? And how long will those servers last or even be relevant compared to yours?

What's so interesting in taking characters from Walking Dead for your DayZ/Zombie server? You're just doing the exact same thing as tons of other DayZ/Zombie servers in SA:MP. That doesn't make your server that special/unique anymore does it?

Be grateful, you're being given an amazing chance of bringing more uniqueness to your server and SA:MP in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre02
View Post
Sad to see how people not only can't get creative and feel the need to go out there and rip off content from other games. But they're never happy with whatever they're given.
You are being given the chances to create your own unique custom models and yet you still complain of how you can't steal content from other games?
How can you say that people who are willing to bring something old back aren't creative? Somethings are worth bringing back and it would definetly give alot of variation in samp. Stealing or ripping is a very harsh word, no one loses anything and no one profits anything out of it.

It's like having modders but telling them that they can't base their mods on real cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
View Post
This object is already included in sa-mp installer since 0.3c, it's extracted from the original game: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Tony, I don't see how that is relevant to this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAWN_METAL
View Post
rly?
Oh that is different... Wonder where that one came from.

What if we have the permissions from the creator/developer of the content? Would we be able to add it then?

Well..that's disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobabe
View Post
What if we have the permissions from the creator/developer of the content? Would we be able to add it then?
I don't think the creators of any game would allow you to use their OC elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
There will be a new rule added to the master list services agreement once the 0.3.8 lists go live. You can't use content from other games or mods in your server. Please keep that in mind when posting.
What sanctions will be imposed on those servers who violate this rule?
I'm sure in a couple of months there will be copying games far from the GTA theme.

Worst rule ever. So i risk my server being blocked from list if i use some random shit "copyrighted" by someone.

Will the favorites list work at least? I mean is it banned globally by whole query port?

So stupid. U should at least make some list of what GAMEMODDING skins we can use,because OBVIOUSLY everything is forbidden, why did u even invent this custom skins if people can't use anything they want, and what about MTA, why aren't they getting reported or something?

I was so happy for this rule untill i saw this topic.. Rather gonna disable rule instead of risking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY
View Post
Worst rule ever. So i risk my server being blocked from list if i use some random shit "copyrighted" by someone.

Will the favorites list work at least? I mean is it banned globally by whole query port?

So stupid. U should at least make some list of what GAMEMODDING skins we can use,because OBVIOUSLY everything is forbidden, why did u even invent this custom skins if people can't use anything they want, and what about MTA, why aren't they getting reported or something?

I was so happy for this rule untill i saw this topic.. Rather gonna disable rule instead of risking.
Be Creative atleast for a second. and if its about reporting, if any of the company out there reports for their copyrighted content, it can turn to make your successful server to be end up closed or even SA:MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
View Post
I don't think the creators of any game would allow you to use their OC elsewhere.
I wasn't thinking about asking major game companies for perms, i have a friend who creates skins. So i'm thinking he could make something like Spiderman, but call it Spuderman. With changes of course, removing the spider from his chest and putting something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debjit
View Post
Be Creative atleast for a second. and if its about reporting, if any of the company out there reports for their copyrighted content, it can turn to make your successful server to be end up closed or even SA:MP.
So why MTA isn't shutdown yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY
View Post
So why MTA isn't shutdown yet?
Because they couldn't care less about copyright claims as much as SA:MP does (in which Kalcor is just right).

Though most of the people here are not understanding the "rip" word. It means that you should not take textures right off another game and convert it for GTA Sa, but not that you shouldn't use any texture made by someone else. Most of the textures released should have something written about copyright infringement and the license they are released under. If there's no such note, it shouldn't be hard to reach the author, especially if you are dedicated into getting to use that texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
There will be a new rule added to the master list services agreement once the 0.3.8 lists go live. You can't use content from other games or mods in your server
I somewhat don't like this rule. I was thinking on making a server based on C&C now that we can have our own skins.

I making a "pubg" style gamemode, but i dont rip content from the original game. This update is cool for more customizations beside the original models from gta sa and sa-mp.

In my mode, in 0.3.8, i put custom ammo objects to differents weapons and custom skins, respecting copyright from creators and show de credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCosta
View Post
In my mode, in 0.3.8, i put custom ammo objects to differents weapons and custom skins, respecting copyright from creators and show de credits.
Just saying "Oh yea, this guy made this mod" somewhere in your script/credits, doesn't make it alright to use their work on your server.

But u give permission GTA:UG to mofify SAMP and that mean that ALL stuff from III,VC,Bullworth etc will be imported into SAMP.So,thats opposite with dis(im thinking of making UG RP server)

This is an old game. I don't see why would anyone care about some mods being imported into SA-MP. Doesn't nessesary mean that you made them but who cares? Modding is fun and yes we don't have to copy whole GTA V world and shit but some things should be okay.