Suggestions for 0.3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaleWoods
Посмотреть сообщение
+1 from me for this will be really important
+1 vote for this, this will be realy useful, because You can create Your own hud!!!
But please create functions for removing the parts of hud, not the full hud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberanwar
Посмотреть сообщение
Ability to disable HUD.
If possible, no more lagpit?
Lagpit is ping based, pretty sure this can't be fixed unless it was the same as lag shooting before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberanwar
Посмотреть сообщение
Ability to disable HUD.
If possible, no more lagpit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaleWoods
Посмотреть сообщение
+1 from me for this will be really important
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraeror
Посмотреть сообщение
+1 vote for this, this will be realy useful, because You can create Your own hud!!!
But please create functions for removing the parts of hud, not the full hud!
pawn Код:
native ToggleHUDComponentForPlayer(playerid, componentid, bool:toggle);
Код:
HUD_COMPONENT_ALL
HUD_COMPONENT_AMMO
HUD_COMPONENT_WEAPON
HUD_COMPONENT_HEALTH
HUD_COMPONENT_BREATH
HUD_COMPONENT_ARMOUR
HUD_COMPONENT_MINIMAP
HUD_COMPONENT_CROSSHAIR
HUD_COMPONENT_MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehasher
Посмотреть сообщение
https://i.imgur.com/2WSsBsB.png
an option here to see the size of the servers custom models would be nice, to know how much you need to download before connecting
I can not even emphasize enough how much I agree with this! This is in my opinion an absolute must. Either the number of objects/skins or the size of the models folder.

I do not want to end up joining a server, and waiting for 30 minutes to download the entire GTA:VC map. Nor as a server owner, would I want to lose possible players due to useartwork being enabled even though I only used 1 object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
Посмотреть сообщение
pawn Код:
Код:
HUD_COMPONENT_ALL
HUD_COMPONENT_AMMO
HUD_COMPONENT_WEAPON
HUD_COMPONENT_HEALTH
HUD_COMPONENT_BREATH
HUD_COMPONENT_ARMOUR
HUD_COMPONENT_MINIMAP
HUD_COMPONENT_CROSSHAIR
HUD_COMPONENT_MONEY
This has been suggested sooooo many times. Hopefully this function will be implented because its soo usefull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admigo
Посмотреть сообщение
This has been suggested sooooo many times. Hopefully this function will be implented because its soo usefull.
I definitely agree with that.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
pawn Код:
Код:
HUD_COMPONENT_ALL
HUD_COMPONENT_AMMO
HUD_COMPONENT_WEAPON
HUD_COMPONENT_HEALTH
HUD_COMPONENT_BREATH
HUD_COMPONENT_ARMOUR
HUD_COMPONENT_MINIMAP
HUD_COMPONENT_CROSSHAIR
HUD_COMPONENT_MONEY
Agree with it <3

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
pawn Код:
Код:
HUD_COMPONENT_ALL
HUD_COMPONENT_AMMO
HUD_COMPONENT_WEAPON
HUD_COMPONENT_HEALTH
HUD_COMPONENT_BREATH
HUD_COMPONENT_ARMOUR
HUD_COMPONENT_MINIMAP
HUD_COMPONENT_CROSSHAIR
HUD_COMPONENT_MONEY
I do not understand how such a useful and important function as this has not yet been added...

I suggest to remove that stupid text output from PlayAudioStreamForPlayer, or add a parameter to toggle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashhiee
Посмотреть сообщение
I suggest to remove that stupid text output from PlayAudioStreamForPlayer, or add a parameter to toggle it.
/audiomsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
Посмотреть сообщение
All of your suggestions are great, Rehasher. I'd love to see these suggestions added tbh.

EDIT:

Just like MTA lol. Btw, that's great. Also, would be cool if there was a code to toggle it(optional for server owners).
No, there should be a callback OnPlayerIsTyping. That way we will be able to make our custom texts/images of player typing in the chat.

What if you hide player tags? It hides health, armor bars as well, so does the sand-time icon when you are paused. I and many people around SA-MP use 3D TextLabels for custom name tags above the heads.

OnPlayerPause (but it's been done already)
OnPlayerIsTyping (or instead "IsPlayerTyping").

With the numerous new options for mapping and providing of custom models, I think it would be nice if we could provide custom map images (the map in the menu > map and the mini-map). If this feature would be considered, it would be nicest if it is settable per-player and if custom map bounds can be defined (so you can provide map images for maps other than -3000 to 3000 so you don't walk off the map in menu > map)

- to be able to apply custom textures on normal objects
- SetObjectMaterial for custom objects

Previous post.

6) Ability to use custom textures for SetObjectMaterial

Since these textures are normally loaded into the game, they should be able to be applied to any object. I understand that custom models and textures are identified by the CRC of the file on the client's side, so there could some function like GetModelFileHash that obtains the CRC hash, which can be then passed to SetObjectMaterial in some form.

7) Pawn functions to get custom model data

To be able to dynamically browse all custom models in at least more modular fashion, functions like GetBottomCustomSkinId, GetTopCustomSkinId, GetBottomCustomModelId, GetTopCustomModelId, and IsCustomModelValid would really help.

8) Generators for custom coronas and particles

Coronas (point lights) and particle effects have much more customisation than the objects in SA-MP allow. There could be a AddSimpleCorona and AddSimpleParticle functions that specify the type of corona (coronalight, coronamoon etc.), the colors, size etc., as well as the similar thing for particles.

Follow-up post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtik
Посмотреть сообщение
6) Ability to use custom textures for SetObjectMaterial

Since these textures are normally loaded into the game, they should be able to be applied to any object. I understand that custom models and textures are identified by the CRC of the file on the client's side, so there could some function like GetModelFileHash that obtains the CRC hash, which can be then passed to SetObjectMaterial in some form.

7) Pawn functions to get custom model data

To be able to dynamically browse all custom models in at least more modular fashion, functions like GetBottomCustomSkinId, GetTopCustomSkinId, GetBottomCustomModelId, GetTopCustomModelId, and IsCustomModelValid would really help.

Generators for custom coronas and particles

Coronas (point lights) and particle effects have much more customisation than the objects in SA-MP allow. There could be a AddSimpleCorona and AddSimpleParticle functions that specify the type of corona (coronalight, coronamoon etc.), the colors, size etc., as well as the similar thing for particles.
You can do this in 3ds max and import custom model, for lights anyways

Not sure if it's fixed but what about..
Fixing the internet list so you don't have to pay to be on it?

Change vehicle color, example: ChangeVehicleRGBColor(vehicleid, r, g, b);
Change lights color, example: ChangeLightsColor(vehicleid, r, g, b);

It could be nice.

That's right, but there's no point in keeping more than 50 models which differ only in 3 bytes. Thinking about it, it would be cool to even allow specifying a custom program to generate these models.

fix SetObjectMaterial object drawdistance

Checkpoint colors.