Suggestions for 0.3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
Посмотреть сообщение
Movable dialogs by toggling, a DIALOG_STYLE_POPUP_BOX with a hidden caption and buttons as well as setting custom position on screen and maybe rounded corners for a better look.

Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, dialogid, DIALOG_STYLE_POPUP_BOX, "", x, y, z, time, "You are connected to the server", "", "");
Where time is in seconds to hide the popup box or any other dialog, later on.
Or just give us key detection and mouse plugin for all players. We'll be able to make our own dialogs.

custom sounds would be cool but also the ability to play more than one sound at a time, would really boost the atmosphere of SA which is pretty "quiet" except footsteps/vehicle sounds

This is the custom update
Custom songs (play, pause, resume.. Like incognito audio plug in), custom vehs?

Edit: custom txd textdraws

Direct object replacing without add new them (Like modloader).

1. Optimize SAMP functions/callbacks better to run more fluently / fast.
2. Add new callback: IsPlayerAFK(playerid);
3. Round territories.
4. TextDrawHideTime(...) (Like GameTextForPlayer)

Thanks.

Custom sounds, downloadable like models.

Because now we are able to transfer files over to the players, this are my suggestions:
1. Custom Map Icons.
2. The ability to use custom sounds. (This will enable us to add enviromental sounds to the game experience to make the game more immersive)
3. Custom Fonts. (To make beautiful HUDs and various textdraws)
Other suggestions:
1. Ability to enable/disable the pay n'sprays.
2. Enable/Disable HUD.(This will let us create more beautifull HUD's)
3. Control over the oxygen bar.
4. The ability to use more keys other than the usual ones.

+1, we need really to improve anti-cheat. Cheat money, healcar and other it's easy to detect we know, but they are lot of cheat too difficult to detect on SAMP or inpossible, its the most important i think for me.

Selectable cache (and? screens) folder.
I wouldn't like my system partition polluted with random and potentially big mod files from dodgy servers.

It would be kind of nice if there somehow was a possibility of it detecting standard txd's and dff's from the default img files. Let's say you just want to change the textures of a skin or object, then your players wouldn't have to download the model as well, or if you want to add some of the older and unused (beta / cutscene) skins that are still hidden in the img files.

- DisablePaynsprays();
- DisableCarModshops();
- String length in dialogs because a limit is annoying!!
- Some things from SAMP Fixer include
- Increase limit of attached player objects
- SetPlayerGravity/GetPlayerGravity
- SetPlayerWalkingStyle(player, ID_of_skin_to_get_walking_attribute) !!
- OnPlayerGetWeapon callback without using GetPlayerWeaponData

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
Selectable cache (and? screens) folder.
I wouldn't like my system partition polluted with random and potentially big mod files from dodgy servers.
It depends on you to join a server that uses Artwork feature. Drama Seeker.

My suggestions:
- Allow scaling of every type of object. Currently only objects created with SetPlayerAttachedObject can be scaled.
- Custom vehicle handlings
- Custom weapon stats
- Custom sounds to be used in game like PlayerPlaySound (downloaded just like the models)
- New fonts? We only have 4 textdraw fonts by default, adding a few more fonts would improve the appearance of textdraws
- TextDrawSetPos & PlayerTextDrawSetPos
- Allow detection of keys (GetPlayerKeys()) while the player is editing an object. This would be useful to create hotkeys for some actions.
- Fix SelectObject() - we cannot detect when player cancels object selection (simply return INVALID_OBJECT_ID to OnPlayerSelectObject)
- Give control over vehicle variants

About improving the anticheat, there is not much you can really do. Nothing is gonna stop these determined cheat-creators from making new cheats, pretty much anything that would have any effect needs to be client-sided, and that means that it will be really easy to bypass. SAMP is reverse engineered too much, making a few simple changes to the anti-cheat will cause just a few more hours of work to make cheats work again (although that still IS some obstacle on their road, and will stop them for some time). Things would have to be re-written from scratch to really make some bigger impact on the cheaters, because almost everything would stop working and would require them to reverse engineer entire SAMP again to find out how things work and evade the anticheat again. But it still is possible, you can't really stop that. Even games that use client-sided anticheats such as PunkBuster have lots of cheaters. Even when SendClientCheck was introduced, which could scan any part of the gta sa process memory and seemed to be hard to bypass (because the server could literally ask for any part of memory from your game, and you ACTUALLY needed that part of memory to know what it is), it wasn't really a problem for them to make a memory dump of the entire clean game and use it as a reference later, making the server think that their game is totally clean.

What I'd rather prefer more would be some kind of account registering. The problem of cheaters rises drastically because there is nothing really stopping them, IP bans? Lots of people have dynamic IPs or just can use a VPN. GPCI (or any other client-sided serial thingy)? Easy to spoof. There isn't really any way to efficiently prevent them from coming back. If each player would need to have an account created in order to play (maybe a confirmed one?) they would eventually get tired earlier. And bans could be maybe "globalized", in example the server could check how many times a certain account has been banned.
But that isn't really a suggestion, I know it wont be made because it requires a lot of re-working and SAMP would also need to handle these accounts.

- SetVehicleHandling(vehicleid,"EngineAcceleration", value);
- SetVehicleModelHandling(modelid,"MaxVelocity",valu e);
- SetVehicleVariant(vehicleid,variantID); // Remove vehicle cargo items, forcing vehicle spoilers (zr-350, burrito...)
- AddCustomTunningCompontent(targetObjectID, tuningslot, "dff", "txd");// We could use addvehiclecomponent instead od AttachObjectToVehicle for some tuning (spoiler, wheels..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
It depends on you to join a server that uses Artwork feature. Drama Seeker.
Don't be immature, it's just a suggestion.

Cache folder can grow up in size very quickly, especially if I join multiple servers with artwork=1. Some users (me included) would like to keep system files and data files separated.

#What I want from SA-MP is to make this line from "weapon.DAT" file:

readable by SetPlayerSkillLevel. So it should be:

pawn Код:
SetPlayerSkillLevel(playerid, WEAPONSKILL_PISTOL, 5000);
and the effect should be in SA-MP:

2. SetSpawnInfo doesn't support team functions (Vehicle friendly fire etc.) You have to put player in SetPlayerTeam manually.

3. TextDraw rotation.

4. Toggle whether a player can do a specific action:
pawn Код:
native TogglePlayerAction(playerid, actionid, bool:toggle);
Код:
PLAYER_ACTION_ALL
PLAYER_ACTION_SPRINT
PLAYER_ACTION_ENTER_CAR
PLAYER_ACTION_CROUCH
PLAYER_ACTION_FIRE_WEAPON
PLAYER_ACTION_UNKNOWN
PLAYER_ACTION_SWITCH_WEAPON
PLAYER_ACTION JUMP
5. TogglePlayerControllable - add an option to allow player move their camera.
pawn Код:
native TogglePlayerControllable(playerid, bool:set, bool:cam_move);
6. Toggle a player's ability to reload when they switch weapons (useful to avoid quick-reload).
pawn Код:
native TogglePlayerSwitchReload(playerid, bool:toggle);
7. Add an option to add CUSTOM TXDs! Since we can do now models such as cars and characters then why not add a file "custom.txd" in the SAMPs folder and add in there some custom images/textures!

8. How about vehicle and weapon replacments using custom models as well? How's the new system supposed to work, is it just ADD or REPLACE as well?

9. Fix OnRconCommand so people don't have to add it as FS first in order to get it to work in GM.

10. Key bindings (all the possible keyboard keys + mouse?)

San Andreas - Folder check (anti-cheat)
* string / array: Return files and folders names with file size

Car Model Changer
* Like 0.3.8 Skin changer

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Since 2008 i never made a research about SA:MP back-codings XD so yeah i dont know if SA:MP is using stream memory fixes.
- I joined SA:MP only for fun but when i joined the forum and the scripting / mapping i sticked only in those phases. xD
"- The SA-MP client will now dynamically select the steaming memory amount for GTA:SA based on how much RAM is available. If you have a 'streaming memory fix' mod, it should no longer be needed and you should delete it. The streaming memory stats are available under the F5 screen in SA-MP."

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=559572

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefff
Посмотреть сообщение
Fix the damn old bugs! sniper god, climb bug, ghost mode on surfing vehicle (we cant give damage by sniper rifle) and many more, samp is not only RP, also .aac format in PlayAudioStreamForPlayer would be nice
^... the old players are saying it.

PLEASE fix some of the bugs.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You realized if they will block cleo totally the whole custom skins and custom objects will lag as hell. I am using cleo mods such as: Stream Memory Fixes and NoiseFix for rain to play without spike lags and freezes. Imagine a SA:MP with HD and HQ mods and cleo mods been disabled. Welcome To LAG-HELL and FREEZE-WORLD, where 500 / 900 pings will pop anywhere xD and of-course packetlosses.
Pff, you lag-hell - only you hell.
#blockcleo

A proper SDK for server:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=560791