SA:MP Internet listing with monthly fee to filter out fake, unserious servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartfoL
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice. All these servers with fake online.
Nonsense, these are also in hosted tab. What's your point? Remove internet list so you can get rid of any small server competition against your community?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

What's your problem dude? Take a look at hosted tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0minal
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice to see that it's back, do you consider reopening game-mp registrations for a week aswell? Resellers are too expensive, I would like to have a server on hosted tab but doing all conversions to my currency it costs something like $100 for me.
It's already congested anyway. There needs to be an alternative to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
Посмотреть сообщение
This opinion was brought up in Kalcor's latest thread, SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 client update.
The general idea is that servers should pay $5 to be listed on the Internet tab, and $25 to be listed in the Hosted tab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
Посмотреть сообщение
$25 for internet tab and $50 for hosted tab!
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It has been disabled for a long time. There is not one snappy third party list yet. The community won't split up, SA-MP will still be owned/managed by Kalcor.

Either $25 for internet tab and $50 for hosted tab. Or have various tabs that cost different prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ101
Посмотреть сообщение
I've thought about something like this for awhile. Pay $2-$5/month for internet list, $15-$20 for hosted...

(and plz bring back official for $40-$60 a month)
Yes, let's make it more expensive to gain players for a mod that is as infrequently updated as this one is. Before I'd ever justify paying something as outrageous as that, SA-MP development better skyrocket. It's bad enough that we pay for hosted tab without a guaranteed increase of players. Not to mention all the security issues and recent attacks and the acquired downtime because of them. Let's also not forget that even behind a paywall, people who want to cause harm to this community, can and will continue to do so regardless of what is done to prevent it. Why throw more money at something that you won't ever get reciprocated for?

I don't know what kind of drugs you people took before writing these posts, I'm shocked at the proposals here, they're just outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.TheDarkness
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, let's make it more expensive to gain players for a mod that is as infrequently updated as this one is. Before I'd ever justify paying something as outrageous as that, SA-MP development better skyrocket. It's bad enough that we pay for hosted tab without a guaranteed increase of players. Not to mention all the security issues and recent attacks and the acquired downtime because of them. Let's also not forget that even behind a paywall, people who want to cause harm to this community, can and will continue to do so regardless of what is done to prevent it. Why throw more money at something that you won't ever get reciprocated for?

I don't know what kind of drugs you people took before writing these posts, I'm shocked at the proposals here, they're just outrageous.
Firstly, there are a lot of shitty edits online. It's the reason servers don't get as much players as they should. That will kill them all since only people that appreciate their work will pay that amount. Giving them the recognition they deserve.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Firstly, there are a lot of shitty edits online. It's the reason servers don't get as much players as they should. That will kill them all.
Even then, the GPL license protects these servers, that won't stop them either, keep your code to yourselves, don't let untrusted people develop your servers. These are the faults of multiple community owners, why should the ENTIRE community have to pay for their mistakes? No, they shouldn't. If it's that big of a problem, Kalcor should consider blacklisting all the edits. A pay wall is not going to stop this whatsoever, period.

Put plainly, any idiot with money and an opportunity is going to take it, don't make it more difficult for servers to succeed, blacklist the edits, revise your community, repeal the GPL license and allow owners to file copyright disputes if you want to actually solve this fucking issue.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

i was curious and connected to some of these servers, was driving alone through LS/SF surely i would see someone if there's really 900+ players online ... these kind of servers should be banned from all lists

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Holy fuck, aren't you the special flower? Reposting.

The question imposed in the thread was very simple. Despite the ease of the question, which could be answered without any off-putting language, that's exactly what happens. These forums have "evolved" (in great part) to be a childish place where the response to every discussion is either black or white and there must be some cockiness in almost everyone's response to show that you are the true SA:MP elitist who studied business in Harvard and knows how to handle shit.

If you have a point, you are free to state it but keep your off-putting language in other places where it is welcome: certainly not here. Last time I checked, there are forum rules which have to be followed by every one of us.

That being said, I understand both sides of the coin. I just don't get users who are saying that some people who launch servers cannot pay via the internet... well, how are you expected to run a serious server, with hosting and (supposedly) a website, if you can't pay for it? Every server is an investment made, be it $10 or $100. This suggestion which was brought up in Kalcor's thread, though, will not fully solve the attacks. I believe an authentication system of some sort could help with this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
Посмотреть сообщение
Holy fuck, aren't you the special flower? Reposting.

The question imposed in the thread was very simple. Despite the ease of the question, which could be answered without any off-putting language, that's exactly what happens. These forums have "evolved" (in great part) to be a childish place where the response to every discussion is either black or white and there must be some cockiness in almost everyone's response to show that you are the true SA:MP elitist who studied business in Harvard and knows how to handle shit.

If you have a point, you are free to state it but keep your off-putting language in other places where it is welcome: certainly not here. Last time I checked, there are forum rules which have to be followed by every one of us.

That being said, I understand both sides of the coin. I just don't get users who are saying that some people who launch servers cannot pay via the internet... well, how are you expected to run a serious server, with hosting and (supposedly) a website, if you can't pay for it? Every server is an investment made, be it $10 or $100. This suggestion which was brought up in Kalcor's thread, though, will not fully solve the attacks. I believe an authentication system of some sort could help with this issue.
Once again, a pay wall is not going to fix your damn issue, you have to be on some sort of drugs to even think that as a feasible solution. I stated my point in the manner I felt necessary, if you got offended by it, that's honestly your problem. Don't take things so seriously then, after all, it is the internet. I have already made my points and they are very valid ones. I think you decided to miss those points, and jump straight to belligerence. At this point, I don't mind.

Just to make sure you actually read my posts instead of get offended, I'm gonna quote them again just for you bud.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Even then, the GPL license protects these servers, that won't stop them either, keep your code to yourselves, don't let untrusted people develop your servers. These are the faults of multiple community owners, why should the ENTIRE community have to pay for their mistakes? No, they shouldn't. If it's that big of a problem, Kalcor should consider blacklisting all the edits. A pay wall is not going to stop this whatsoever, period.

Put plainly, any idiot with money and an opportunity is going to take it, don't make it more difficult for servers to succeed, blacklist the edits, revise your community, repeal the GPL license and allow owners to file copyright disputes if you want to actually solve this fucking issue.
I'm pretty fuckin' sure I made my points clear here. What'd you do? Ignore them. You'd rather start an argument than debate my points. If you can't handle criticism, I don't know where you expect to go in life, cos you're gonna get a lot of it son. This forum has "evolved" into people who feel insulted when somebody challenges their ideas. I also want to point out how you think my language is "off putting" meanwhile you proceed to call me a special flower, aren't you the role model of hypocrisy? Complaining about the very "issue" you also just contributed to gets you nowhere. :b

The minute anybody decides a paywall is the route forward, is the minute this community ceases to exist. I can safely say that I seriously doubt this will ever happen anyways, thank god for that.

I didn't feel insulted because someone's ideas where challenged, nor I felt insulted at all. Your points are just the same as many people who posted here. If you'd take a while to read the other replies, you'd not come at me with "oh you're going to get a lot of criticism in life, son", because even in my last reply I stated I can accept both sides of the coin and that yes, this may not be the route going forward to combat hackers.

And yes, I do agree with your point about a lot of edits popping up. Partially because a lot of gamemodes are released on these forums (rightfully), and partially because servers owners don't seem to care about who handles their script. Then again, the idea was brought up by someone in that thread and I opened the thread. I'm not blindly defending this idea to combat fake servers from the server list. However, another tab wouldn't do any bad to anyone.

The best route going forward is to update SA:MP with security updates, if these includes harder ways to spoof the server list with servers showing fake numbers.

Useless suggestions, it is fine as it is - internet list should be fixed and available then we are good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
View Post
Useless suggestions, it is fine as it is - internet list should be fixed and available then we are good to go.
This, and this, please read this again folks, he gets it.

Lol, internet list is still broken, cookie flood is still occurring, and he jacked the price of hosted tab up to $30 dollars...

seems legit, you're paying for absolutely nothing.

This is what the attacker wants and it is his only achievement but now another intelligent player wants to add 5$ for internet tab xd

^^ This, but it's more the ruining of the communities and having SA-MP break down due to their actions.

By adding a price rise, it's simply making them get their jollies off about everyone who's complaining about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefff
Посмотреть сообщение
This is what the attacker wants and it is his only achievement but now another intelligent player wants to add 5$ for internet tab xd
Honestly, at this point, not even the attackers themselves have any clue what they really want.