"ackslimit" server problem.

"ackslimit" problem.

When players connect to our server, it sends them a message that the server is loading their user stats.
It doesn't do so, instead, the server lags for the client, and then he loses connection. When the client reconnects (automatically InGame), it shows the "You are banned from this server" message. Why does it show the message?

Pleas help this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotX
View Post
Pleas help this guy
RotX is also the owner of this server. Please, help!

I am deep shit

What's your ackslimit amount? Set it to twice as high as you currently have it to test out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiki574
View Post
What's your ackslimit amount? Set it to twice as high as you currently have it to test out.
We tried it, it doesn't work. Also, the higher we set it to, the higher their acks sent gets. Also, the server lags with high ackslimit.

I had this issue with my host. I set it to 8,000 and the random timeouts and "You are banned" messages vanished. I tried a few other settings and it didn't change anything. You can give it a shot, but I'm not too familiar with the limit. I also upgraded my server to the most recent one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxxll
View Post
I had this issue with my host. I set it to 8,000 and the random timeouts and "You are banned" messages vanished. I tried a few other settings and it didn't change anything. You can give it a shot, but I'm not too familiar with the limit. I also upgraded my server to the most recent one.
We set it to F-ing one million, and it didn't work.

You should post your server_log.txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomagojSellug
View Post
We set it to F-ing one million, and it didn't work.
Do you even know how the ackslimit work? Also, http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...45&postcount=1 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
View Post
Do you even know how the ackslimit work? Also, http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...45&postcount=1 .
We know how it works, we know that you can't set a million, but my friend set it to that, he didn't know.

Also isn't that the older version of the server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
View Post
RotX will post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
View Post
Also, we are not allowed [don't have permission apparently] to upload the samp03svr file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
View Post
Here

** DELETED **

Quote:
View Post
Here
I'd highly suggest you now delete that, and clear out all your players IPs that you just exposed by pasting up the log without thinking...

Code:
[21:14:51]  Loading plugin: crashdetect.so
This should ONLY be used in testing, shouldn't be used on actual servers, and should be loaded LAST as per the instructions for the plugin itself.

Code:
[21:14:52] *** Streamer Plugin: CreateDynamicObject: Expecting 14 parameter(s), but found 12.
Code:
[14:49:39] sscanf warning: Strings without a length are deprecated, please add a destination size.
Code:
[14:52:04] sscanf warning: String buffer overflow.
It would be advisable to check your log for errors, and fix them accordingly.

No doubt if these errors are here, and not being paid attention to, the server is going to have an issue.

Your issues are stemming from the way your script is loading players stats from your db and obviously it is hanging somewhere did you say it loads the moment you join the server?, i suggest changing it to load stats when you input your username and or password rather than loading the stats via the name this way your players will connect fully and their client will have fully loaded before attempting to load player stats/info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
I'd highly suggest you now delete that, and clear out all your players IPs that you just exposed by pasting up the log without thinking...

Code:
[21:14:51]  Loading plugin: crashdetect.so
This should ONLY be used in testing, shouldn't be used on actual servers, and should be loaded LAST as per the instructions for the plugin itself.

Code:
[21:14:52] *** Streamer Plugin: CreateDynamicObject: Expecting 14 parameter(s), but found 12.
Code:
[14:49:39] sscanf warning: Strings without a length are deprecated, please add a destination size.
Code:
[14:52:04] sscanf warning: String buffer overflow.
It would be advisable to check your log for errors, and fix them accordingly.

No doubt if these errors are here, and not being paid attention to, the server is going to have an issue.
Okay, and is there a way we can find the line on which the error is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofski
View Post
Your issues are stemming from the way your script is loading players stats from your db and obviously it is hanging somewhere did you say it loads the moment you join the server?, i suggest changing it to load stats when you input your username and or password rather than loading the stats via the name this way your players will connect fully and their client will have fully loaded before attempting to load player stats/info.
We tried changing it, will test it soon.

Quote:
View Post
Okay, and is there a way we can find the line on which the error is?
It's not necessarily one line though...

It can come about because of bad coding, and stacking check, upon check, upon check.

In particular if you've started putting in OnPlayerKeyStateChange checks incorrectly, that can cause this. But anything that checks the client can equally cause this as what can be happening is you're flooding the client, and it's simply being spammed.

For example, in the case of the OnPlayerKeyStateChange, if you haven't checked it right, then EVERY KEY the player uses, will cause a check as such.

This come to a point where coding logic is needed. Similar to a command checking if a player is in a car, before checking if they are in the faction required for the command to be used.

Whilst it won't affect them in the start, once you start loading up multiple commands, and repeat the same mistake, it will start affecting the script.

Like, checking if a player is in a vehicle, and then checking if they are connected when you don't need to.