How much costs a script from scratch?

I sold a CnR script of mine. Approximately 70k+ lines.
This was probably 2-3 years worth of work. (1 year of solid commitment and 2 years on and off)

Sold it back in March for $630 bitcoin when the BTC rate was $1260 per coin.

1 week later the Bitcoin rate dropped to about $900, I got scared and sold my coin. (It was about 0.60 BTC), I didn't lose much money but I just cashed out fearing that'd crash severely.

I do regret that decision. ^ - As I write this 1 week ago the BTC rate was nearly at $5000. My $630 would now be worth $3860.

For 2-3 years worth of work it's a bargain, but nobody is going to pay anywhere near what it is worth as it's only a piece of code for a 10 year old game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraz
View Post
Someone was talking with me from few days, he was looking for a Unquie gamemode (RP) and he want to pay me 320$, as soon as i don't have this script + I don't have time so i refused, but i was in need of this money * fucking my life*
Back to thread: I mean few people these days only can pay for unquie script, then will run it on paid gameserver with paid hosted tab so they will success.
I totally agree that a community with unique script and a hosted tab will succed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
View Post
I took $10 for a whole gamemode scripting, just because I enjoyed scripting it.
How about a Minigames Server? $15?

I sold my gamemode which i scripted in 4 months for $130. It sucks.