How much costs a script from scratch?

The title says it all. You as a scripter, how much $$$ would you take to script a gamemode from scratch? Lets say you need to script these features:
-Login/Register and Saving System
-Bank System
-Organization System
-VIP System
-Admin System
-Job System
-House System
-Business System
-Helper System
-Events System
-Land System (players can buy lands)
-Vehicle Dealership System
-Gas Stations (Fuel System)

No, im not looking for scripter, just making some insights.

About $200 and more

If you're going to pay someone to script your roleplay gamemode, make sure you get someone that has roleplay skills, that has a long experinece in the roleplay scenario.

I'd say about € 1200 - € 1500. I don't usually keep track of time when I'm scripting something because I don't take scripting jobs but I estimate it took me about 10 hours to create a house system and at a rate of € 10 an hour that would come to € 100 for that module alone.

I took $10 for a whole gamemode scripting, just because I enjoyed scripting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
I'd say about Ђ 1200 - Ђ 1500. I don't usually keep track of time when I'm scripting something because I don't take scripting jobs but I estimate it took me about 10 hours to create a house system and at a rate of Ђ 10 an hour that would come to Ђ 100 for that module alone.
Damn, i better start scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobabe
View Post
And he's still cheap. When hiring programmers for 'real' applications, expect to pay that many times over.

^^ Exactly. I got some very cool scripts from back in the day and a lot of incomplete projects. I some times think of releasing them, but they are very unique which stops me from releasing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobabe
View Post
too bad noone will buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
View Post
too bad noone will buy it
For my own server... not to sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
And he's still cheap. When hiring programmers for 'real' applications, expect to pay that many times over.
I'm an MVC developer, working at a corporate software developer company. They pay a lot to MVC developers, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
View Post
I took $10 for a whole gamemode scripting, just because I enjoyed scripting it.
I've been scripting and maintaining a gamemode for almost 7 months now, for 0$, just for the heck of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoussama
View Post
I've been scripting and maintaining a gamemode for almost 7 months now, for 0$, just for the heck of it.
And for a person that said and placed on his sig "STAFF ARE SLAVES (insert more here)". Good job on being used, while he does nothing and has no interest in compensating you for your effort.

Charging low or nothing at all is nothing special or will make you stand out otherwise. People will just take advantage of that and step all over you. But if you're okay with that, then that's what you're asking for. Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
View Post
And for a person that quoted "STAFF ARE SLAVES (insert more here)". Good job on being used, while he does nothing and has no interest in compensating you for your effort.

Charging low or nothing at all is nothing special or will make you stand out otherwise. People will just take advantage of that and step all over you. But if you're okay with that, then that's what you're asking for. Good for you.
I really do not care about the financial part, to be honest, I'll never regret having that decision as thanks to it, I've learnt a lot than I could have in normal bases, if anything, I am grateful for such opportunity.

Lets be real, nobody's buying a script past like ... $50 the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Kane
View Post
Lets be real, nobody's buying a script past like ... $50 the least.
True, i can say that for myself. But, there are people that are ready to give any sum just to get a good and unique script. If i had a job, i'd buy a hell of a good script.

Quote:
View Post
I really do not care about the financial part, to be honest, I'll never regret having that decision as thanks to it, I've learnt a lot than I could have in normal bases, if anything, I am grateful for such opportunity.
That's the spirit, you like scripting and you do it for fun.

Quote:
View Post
Yet you fail to realize that they only gave you the opportunity as you let them use you. I bet you aren't even close the higher level admins, which explains a lot of other things too.

You're basically doing all the work for them, it's not your community. Again, good for you if you allow that. Doubt they even thanked you for helping out.

Someone was talking with me from few days, he was looking for a Unquie gamemode (RP) and he want to pay me 320$, as soon as i don't have this script + I don't have time so i refused, but i was in need of this money * fucking my life*
Back to thread: I mean few people these days only can pay for unquie script, then will run it on paid gameserver with paid hosted tab so they will success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraz
View Post
Someone was talking with me from few days, he was looking for a Unquie gamemode (RP) and he want to pay me 320$, as soon as i don't have this script + I don't have time so i refused, but i was in need of this money * fucking my life*
Back to thread: I mean few people these days only can pay for unquie script, then will run it on paid gameserver with paid hosted tab so they will success.
Probably a scammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
View Post
Yet you fail to realize that they only gave you the opportunity as you let them use you. I bet you aren't even close the higher level admins, which explains a lot of other things too.

You're basically doing all the work for them, it's not your community. Again, good for you if you allow that. Doubt they even thanked you for helping out.
None of that is true, I've got the highest level (directly below the owner), got access to a lot of stuff, thankfully, a loving community, I never really received a word of hate nor from the owner, the staff or the players.