PUBG for SA-MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
He's asking if it's possible, not how to do it... Get out with your eagerness to feed him links to the looking for scripters thread, when this is in Everything and Nothing.

OP: One of the biggest features of PUBG is that you're not just spawned in, you're jumping out of a play where ever you are wanting to bail out.

Are you sure you know what the whole thing works like?

It can be done, just the ring of death wouldn't be an easy thing to line up. Maybe you'd have some arrow pointing the play towards the center, saying "Oi, you're outside the ring!" and dealing damage to them.
Or use checkpoints? Can you make the ring size really big?

Depends, isn't the middle point of the checkpoint where it streams from? How big do you plan to make this checkpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe
Посмотреть сообщение
Or use checkpoints? Can you make the ring size really big?
Not in the size that would be required.

You'd need indicators on the HUD showing that they are out of the ring, receiving damage and an arrow or something showing them where to head to.

Could even use a flashing map icon or something to make sure it's clear where to head.

Would be awesome to have checkpoints that big, but I don't think it works out even for the game itself, as it was only intended to be 10 or so wide.

Okay i'll shut up about the cheaters just be aware of them .....

@ring, map icon circles from this include can be used:

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=601855

Totally offtopic but some phrases triggered me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
It doesn't take a genius to write a script that will possibly detect wallhacks. Most released "wallhacks" aren't even ESPs, they're literal nametag cheats. It takes one line to fix this.
I might not be a genius but I'm pretty much sure this is bullshit. Please post that one line to detect/block wallhacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
For actual ESPs, there's a lot of things you can do to avoid it. Pretty sure most of them only work due to the lagcomp update too, so disabling that would get rid of most of the cheats of this genre.
I think you meant aimbot or no-recoil because ESP got nothing to do with shooting.

Could be used, but the maximum of those icons could prove to be a problem in some instances. The question is though, is how large can the radius be as a maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
I might not be a genius but I'm pretty much sure this is bullshit.
I think they're talking of the bones-through-walls crap that's turned up recently. If it is nametag shit, it is a good idea to remove that anyway in a gamemode like this.

Only having tags for team-members is another option in this mode, just the same as the game itself has.

Checkpoints are not streamed properly if the radius is more than 16 or something, I've done this before for a more complicated script.

The ring of death can be scripted using this include:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?pid=3433885#pid3433885
Make the starting area where players are allowed to play. Then, start a timer and after the timer finishes, make another zone that's slightly smaller and start another timer to keep making the area smaller and smaller. Then, when a player exits the zone, it'll slowly begin killing the player.

Of course, you can make it way more advanced than what I stated above, but I can say it'd be easy to make. Just time consuming to get the right coordinates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSAINTo
View Post
Make the starting area where players are allowed to play. Then, start a timer and after the timer finishes, make another zone that's slightly smaller and start another timer to keep making the area smaller and smaller. Then, when a player exits the zone, it'll slowly begin killing the player.

Of course, you can make it way more advanced than what I stated above, but I can say it'd be easy to make. Just time consuming to get the right coordinates.
Better option would simply be the streamer, using dynamic areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSAINTo
View Post

You know, the actual area is not the main problem. It's the visual representation of it, where the circle is, whether or not you're in it etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
Better option would simply be the streamer, using dynamic areas.
Well, that works as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
You know, the actual area is not the main problem. It's the visual representation of it, where the circle is, whether or not you're in it etc.
You can make it create a turf or something based on the area/region. It can be done, just takes some thinking.

I am working the exact idea, i am done with some stuff, say 40% is done.
There will be soon a beta testing

This include can be used to make a circle made of map icons https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=601855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
View Post
I am working the exact idea, i am done with some stuff, say 40% is done.
There will be soon a beta testing
Looking forward to it, if there's anything I can help on let me know. It seems like a fun little project to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
View Post
Looking forward to it, if there's anything I can help on let me know. It seems like a fun little project to work on.
Very kind of you. I think i would need people to place random items throughout the map, maybe you can help!

how's it going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
View Post
Very kind of you. I think i would need people to place random items throughout the map, maybe you can help!
What kind of items? Maybe I can help.

i might be annoying but here i am bumping this one again ... would really like to see a server like this in samp :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
Посмотреть сообщение
i might be annoying but here i am bumping this one again ... would really like to see a server like this in samp :P
Already working on one.

I don't think it'd be so hard creating the basic interface & gameplay features for a gamemode like this, actually if anyone is interested (and have an idea of how PUBG works) we could work on something like this. But the question here is, is it worth the efforts?