PUBG for SA-MP?

PUBG, "Player Unknown Battlegrounds" is very popular nowadays for it's multiplayer gameplay and one of the top sellers in steam. I was wundering, if it would be possible to create something similar in samp? Like imagine players would be random spawned at one place, like for example angel pine, or desert near the Las Venturas. Each one of them has a goal to survive untill the circle becomes smaller (which could be the gangzone colour on the minimap) Also the weapons and medkits should be randomly spawned. I know you might say that it's a waste of time, or it will be boring, but if there is dayz, which was from Arma, then I dont think that it wont be impossible to cover PUBG.

Aren't there servers with that already? Battle royale or something?

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=636592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
Посмотреть сообщение
He's asking if it's possible, not how to do it... Get out with your eagerness to feed him links to the looking for scripters thread, when this is in Everything and Nothing.

OP: One of the biggest features of PUBG is that you're not just spawned in, you're jumping out of a play where ever you are wanting to bail out.

Are you sure you know what the whole thing works like?

It can be done, just the ring of death wouldn't be an easy thing to line up. Maybe you'd have some arrow pointing the play towards the center, saying "Oi, you're outside the ring!" and dealing damage to them.

PUBG costs money and that stops a lot of potential cheaters.. then you have a dedicated anticheat (BattleEye) and what you're left it is (mostly) legit players, an environment where you can actually have fun. In samp you have none of that and all of your hard work on the gamemode would be ruined by idiots. Everybody would be using wallhacks and that kills the core game of PUBG where you don't know if somebody might be hiding in that bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
Посмотреть сообщение
PUBG costs money and that stops a lot of potential cheaters.. then you have a dedicated anticheat (BattleEye) and what you're left it is (mostly) legit players, an environment where you can actually have fun. In samp you have none of that and all of your hard work on the gamemode would be ruined by idiots. Everybody would be using wallhacks and that kills the core game of PUBG where you don't know if somebody might be hiding in that bush
totally this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
OP: One of the biggest features of PUBG is that you're not just spawned in, you're jumping out of a play where ever you are wanting to bail out.

Are you sure you know what the whole thing works like?

It can be done, just the ring of death wouldn't be an easy thing to line up. Maybe you'd have some arrow pointing the play towards the center, saying "Oi, you're outside the ring!" and dealing damage to them.
Well, to be honest I haven't played the game yet, because I don't have the money to buy it..
But I agree that it would be a bit complex to script the ring of death feature, of course not a complete copy, but something similar though. I see that some people aren't able play that game for different reasons, so would be really cool to make a sa-mp version. Only I'm not that experienced in scripting..

PUBG is very simple, just put a lot of people in a plane and let them drop.
Item and inventory mechanics are basic because there's no crafting or something, ring of death is the simplest thing you need to do...
The whole concept of this game is basic, your (and SA:MP's) only problem is cheating. Unless you have an efficient client and server sided anti-cheat there's no reason to play PUBG mode in SA:MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroi
Посмотреть сообщение
i've yet to see a wallhack anticheat
I've yet to even see anyone wall hacking, but it wouldn't be hard to spectate them as an admin to make sure they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1am0nd
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, to be honest I haven't played the game yet, because I don't have the money to buy it..
But I agree that it would be a bit complex to script the ring of death feature, of course not a complete copy, but something similar though. I see that some people aren't able play that game for different reasons, so would be really cool to make a sa-mp version. Only I'm not that experienced in scripting..
You could easily do it with a textdraw saying "YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE RING AND TAKING DAMAGE" witha distance indicator to show how far they are out of the ring and what direction they should be headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatog
Посмотреть сообщение
Item and inventory mechanics are basic because there's no crafting or something, ring of death is the simplest thing you need to do...
The whole concept of this game is basic, your (and SA:MP's) only problem is cheating. Unless you have an efficient client and server sided anti-cheat there's no reason to play PUBG mode in SA:MP.
If hacks are so prevalent, then is there also no reason to play SA-MP?

Just FYI, there is a punkbuster-styled anti-cheat client for SA-MP, but you know, just gotta make out that it's pointless because of some fuckwits who are hacking... Can't simply play the game among trusted friends, as it's just not possible to avoid hackers at all right... /s

Really, the discussion wasn't about hacks, it's all about whether we could make a mode in SA-MP that replicated it... Of which, this is capable to happen.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I think its easy to script to, well basically, its easy to make a plane with an npc flying it, and its easy to create random loots, and its easy to create the inventory system(already exist) and its easy to create that circle health boundary thing.

I only watch videos of the game and I like it, I can't buy it
I would totally come up with a team to help me script it but I'm already busy with my "signature".

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I've yet to even see anyone wall hacking, but it wouldn't be hard to spectate them as an admin to make sure they're not.
Spectating to determine if somebody is wallhacking? If they're completelly obvious then a big MAYBE and if they're not you have to be a psychic to know if they are

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Spectating to determine if somebody is wallhacking? If they're completelly obvious then a big MAYBE and if they're not you have to be a psychic to know if they are
Hold up, so I'd have to be psychic to see someone tracking someone through a fucking wall...

I don't think you know what psychic means bud.

It's a lot of work. The biggest problem are the cheaters.
I wouldn't even bother with that, SA:MP is crowded with hacks that will ruin the fun, and a lot of them can't be detected server-side.

Shut up about the cheating... Anti-cheat can be scripted, and focusing on the anti-cheat being a problem is simply playing down this guys idea, and being troll-like in the fact that this isn't related...

He's trying to make a gamemode, nothing to do with hacks in the slightest.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
BattleEye is shit tho.

With strong anti-cheat it's possible to done

just put Nex-AC on the scripts

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Shut up about the cheating... Anti-cheat can be scripted, and focusing on the anti-cheat being a problem is simply playing down this guys idea, and being troll-like in the fact that this isn't related...

He's trying to make a gamemode, nothing to do with hacks in the slightest.
The biggest problem in samp are cheaters. Since you have a cheating tool allowing you to manage RPCs and packets you have to bother about cheaters.
About wall hacks, you've never seen? Search it in ******.
Since the fun on PUBG matches is the amount of players (up to 100), wouldn't be viable say to spectate someone.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The biggest problem in samp are cheaters. Since you have a cheating tool allowing you to manage RPCs and packets you have to bother about cheaters.
Since the fun on PUBG matches is the amount of players (up to 100), wouldn't be viable say to spectate someone.
This has no relevance to this thread...

As I said before, he's looking to see how the mode can be made, not whether or not you idiots think that cheaters will be a factor.

Again, Shut up about the 'hackers', and pay attention to what's been said.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't have to spectate random people.

One person yells cheats and everyone jumps on the bandwagon even though most of the people who posted here don't really have a lot of regards of them from what I can see.

It doesn't take a genius to write a script that will possibly detect wallhacks. Most released "wallhacks" aren't even ESPs, they're literal nametag cheats. It takes one line to fix this. For actual ESPs, there's a lot of things you can do to avoid it. Pretty sure most of them only work due to the lagcomp update too, so disabling that would get rid of most of the cheats of this genre.

If OP was to shrug off the idea because of "possible cheaters", then there isn't any point in creating any new DM gamemodes. There's plenty of other gamemodes around doing similar things and they don't seem too bothered by wallhacks.

It's been done before and it was a success. As most people stated previously, the concept is incredibly simple and wouldn't take a lot of work from the developer.