100 and it feels like i have 20 fps....

So basically my problem is I can have 100 fps and it feels like i have 30-20 fps. In game it says i have steady 100 fps and in third party programs like fraps/nvidia shadowplay it say i have steady 100 fps, but it still feels like im lagging like having fps drops each time i get close to a group of people. Ive tried reinstalling samp, i also did a full format and i tried most of the troubleshooting problems. I'm up for suggestions on how to fix this.

1) SA-MP version
2) Windows version
3) Video card type
4) IP:Port (if any) of the server you are trying to play on
5) If you are crashing, paste the crash report in your post and say when the crash occurs
6) If you are crashing loading SA-MP, please say whether GTA:SA single player works (test it)
7) Do you have any other GTA:SA mods installed? e.g. new vehicles

1) I have the latest samp client SA:MP 0.3.7
2) Windows 10
3) Nvidia GTX 1070 (latest drivers)
4) this isnt a connection problem, this happens in every server.
5) None
6) None
7) Everything Default

I'm not quite sure, but it may be a overheating problem. However I find it really strange to have fps drops with such a good GPU.

Run a temp monitor and monitor your system's temperature whenever this issue appears. That includes CPU, disk, and gpu temperatures.

My PC is fairly cool down. I don't have this issues with other more demanding games which require more of my cpu and gpu.

What modifications do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeorawr
View Post
I don't have this issues with other more demanding games which require more of my cpu and gpu.
Everytime I see this on ANY game forums/discussion thread, it just makes me whince... Honestly, regardless of the game that you're comparing it to, there may be problems which YOUR PC has that actually cause the issue.... Be it from game settings, PC settings, or as above asked, mods...

GTA SA wasn't intended to run anything near the FPS that you want. SAMP doesn't support mods.

Quote:

Everytime I see this on ANY game forums/discussion thread, it just makes me whince... Honestly, regardless of the game that you're comparing it to, there may be problems which YOUR PC has that actually cause the issue.... Be it from game settings, PC settings, or as above asked, mods...

GTA SA wasn't intended to run anything near the FPS that you want. SAMP doesn't support mods.

I don't have any mods installed. Usually im able to just ****** the problem or fix the problem myself, but this is one that ive had no luck with. I've seen another person have this exact same problem and also having a power house of pc and never got a solution to his problem. Anyways all of the game settings are default and same with my PC nvidia settings.

Have you tried to set the framelimiter on Settings to off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerF
View Post
Have you tried to set the framelimiter on Settings to off?
Yeah

Anyways I found the solution to my problem. I don't know if it will help other people, but when you go into nvidia control panel then manager 3d settings and go into Grand Theft Auto: SA. There's an option called Shader Cache and its enabled by default. Just disable it and you will be fine. Well at least it worked for me. I will leave a pic so you can understand what im talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/T4CJmQy.png

I've had a similar issue. A while back I upgraded to a GTX 1070 from a GTX 770 and noticed my framerate in SA-MP is a lot worse compared to before, which is strange considering it's a newer card. Please note that this issue only applies to SA-MP and no other game. Areas populated with a dense amount of mapping, vehicles, labels and players give me far less FPS than before and I'm not really sure what the problem might be. I tried disabling the shader cache as mentioned above but it really didn't do anything for me. I'm happy to experiment with the nvidia control panel and see if I can tweak anything to give me better FPS, but any tips would also be appreciated.

v-sync to off, graphics quality to low and framelimiter off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrillzen
View Post
v-sync to off
Regardless of what people tell you, it's not a good idea to turn off v-sync even if it fixes spikes.

In most cases, it's not the cause of spikes. All it does is limit your frame rate to fit your monitor's refresh rate, it doesn't actually do anything in terms of performance.

@OP: Read this thread: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...7&postcount=13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
I've had a similar issue. A while back I upgraded to a GTX 1070 from a GTX 770 and noticed my framerate in SA-MP is a lot worse compared to before, which is strange considering it's a newer card. Please note that this issue only applies to SA-MP and no other game. Areas populated with a dense amount of mapping, vehicles, labels and players give me far less FPS than before and I'm not really sure what the problem might be. I tried disabling the shader cache as mentioned above but it really didn't do anything for me. I'm happy to experiment with the nvidia control panel and see if I can tweak anything to give me better FPS, but any tips would also be appreciated.
I know your pain, I have a GTX1070 also. I guess I also forgot to mention that I moved my GTA SA to my 1TB hard drive. It used to be in my SSD. If you want my full settings for the control panel just let me know.

I fixed my SA's anti aliasing by doing the same thing, which would make my object flicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeorawr
View Post
I know your pain, I have a GTX1070 also. I guess I also forgot to mention that I moved my GTA SA to my 1TB hard drive. It used to be in my SSD. If you want my full settings for the control panel just let me know.
Sure dude, hit me up. I'd appreciate it.

Make sure you turned off Xbox Game DVR feature that was added in latest windows 10 update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Regardless of what people tell you, it's not a good idea to turn off v-sync even if it fixes spikes.

In most cases, it's not the cause of spikes. All it does is limit your frame rate to fit your monitor's refresh rate, it doesn't actually do anything in terms of performance.

@OP: Read this thread: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...7&postcount=13
"All it does is limit your frame rate to fit your monitor's refresh rate, it doesn't actually do anything in terms of performance."

That's a common misconception. Altough that is the basic function of v-sync, it does affect performance. I don't remember how it is in GTA SA but in any other new game it does.

I had kinda the same problem and i turned frame limiter on and then /fpslimit 64 worked for me

I had this problem on Windows 7.

Do you have frame-limiter off?

Same problem after reinstalling GTA SA.