VPS SSD Distribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
Fact is, this thread isn't about what distribution of windows you recommend... It's about what LINUX distribution you are recommending...

So in the end, are you not just spamming offtopic shit?

And yes, you obviously had a hard time understanding linux, and took the easy way out and switched, to winblows...
Really? Did he specifically say for linux? I must have read another thread and another topic title...
you shouldnt get so toxic... after all i couldn't care less what he or you are going to use.
Im just throwing out my opinion on what I prefer and stated my reasons for it.
Most of you are talking like linux is better but its not and nor is it worse for the things he is going to use it for .

As if we are comparing an Iphone with a samsung...

Neither did I have a hard time understanding it... Really linux is great and pretty easy to use once you just mess around with it for the first time... You are acting like Im saying windows is any better while im not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iverso
View Post
Which Distribution Should i choose for samp server+ts+webhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnater
View Post
Really? Did he specifically say for linux?
Do you see windows listed, or referred to as a "Distribution"?

"Toxic"... lol, I think you need to check yourself before you're simply a hypocrite.

There is no way to see them both listed. Im simply suggesting something and give my reasons along with it, do you mind?
I did nothing but try to perhaps help him with his decission, so you saying im going off topic and shit is just you being ignorant.

Quote:
View Post
There is no way to see them both listed. Im simply suggesting something and give my reasons along with it, do you mind?
I did nothing but try to perhaps help him with his decission, so you saying im going off topic and shit is just you being ignorant.
Do you see a drop down for Windows, where Linux is, and do you ever see Windows, referred to as a Distribution, rather than an "Edition"?

Quote:
View Post
Do you see a drop down for Windows, where Linux is, and do you ever see Windows, referred to as a Distribution, rather than an "Edition"?
Windows is considered as a distributed operating system, although this is what I rather call going off-topic...

What does it even matter if you see a drop down for windows where linux is... (While there is one on the page)

I'm just telling this guy I prefer windows and that he might see it as an option.

You are the one making a false assumption when saying I rather go with windows because I simply couldnt get my server running right... Really, that is what I call being a hypocrite.

(Also some plugins were only compatible for windows which made a part of me go with that decision, not just the better GUI and that it is more user friendly)

"Distributed operating system"?

Distributed by stores maybe... But it actually has the term Editions...

You prefer windows, but this thread is about Linux.

I'm sure your plugin issues were more from not understanding the instructions than anything, which again, this isn't the thread to be debating it, as, he asked... What LINUX OS should he be going for....

Quote:
View Post
Also some plugins were only compatible for windows
Seriously? Which ones? I know of the textdraweditor and the keyboard one but they're meant for developing so they don't count. I don't know of any reputable plugin that doesn't have a Linux version.

Personally I'm still convinced that most people who choose Windows do so purely or mostly because of that GUI. Point-and-click is obviously much more convenient than learning commands, but it comes at a price.

Quote:
View Post
"Distributed operating system"?

Distributed by stores maybe... But it actually has the term Editions...

You prefer windows, but this thread is about Linux.

I'm sure your plugin issues were more from not understanding the instructions than anything, which again, this isn't the thread to be debating it, as, he asked... What LINUX OS should he be going for....
I'm pretty sure the instruction which was "Not for linux" were pretty clear for me atleast.
The thing is, he did not ask what LINUX OS he should be going for.
I just don't simply understand why you are making such a big deal out of this... I'm just suggesting something and state my reasons, ignore it or take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Seriously? Which ones? I know of the textdraweditor and the keyboard one but they're meant for developing so they don't count. I don't know of any reputable plugin that doesn't have a Linux version.

Personally I'm still convinced that most people who choose Windows do so purely or mostly because of that GUI. Point-and-click is obviously much more convenient than learning commands, but it comes at a price.
FCNPC linux version wasn't compatible for the new samp version and at the time someone else decided to update its .dll only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
it's not just gui.. there are some parts where windows has better inbuilt features than linux (inbuilt/third party softwares included).