Discord for SA-MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydewhyd
View Post
When do you plan on launching a "beta version" or release it?
Would be wonderful.
I'll launch a beta version when I think my code is mature enough to be used by a wider range of people. I can't really give you an estimate on when that will be. Could be tomorrow, could be in a few weeks.
I'll open-source my code soon though (when I finally correctly set up my CI environment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
View Post
Im not sure how a file transfer would help what they are making it for (at least from my perspective).

Basically, my advice, dumb it down a little. No file transfer or Markdown. Server won't really be able to handle those with exception of fetching player files, which could be done in PAWN and output as text over the plugin's chat ability.

Im glad to see it moving! I probably won't use it because I don't host/script much anymore, but Im a huge advocate for new stuff and pushing limits.
As I tried to say, I have no influence on Markdown formatting. I'll simply pass the data Discord gives me to the PAWN script.

Okay, so at first I'll only add messaging capabilities (send/receive channel/direct messages). This will probably be the first beta version. Later on I can add tons of other stuff, from creating guild bans, to editing channels and muting users. Almost everything a normal user could do. Just post your opinions on what should be added.

I'll also need some beta testers for a closed beta. Just hit me up if you're willing to test. Requirements are Windows 7 or higher, or a Linux distribution which delivers the GCC compiler version 4.9 or higher (this excludes CentOS7!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddinat0r
View Post
I'll launch a beta version when I think my code is mature enough to be used by a wider range of people. I can't really give you an estimate on when that will be. Could be tomorrow, could be in a few weeks.
I'll open-source my code soon though (when I finally correctly set up my CI environment).

As I tried to say, I have no influence on Markdown formatting. I'll simply pass the data Discord gives me to the PAWN script.

Okay, so at first I'll only add messaging capabilities (send/receive channel/direct messages). This will probably be the first beta version. Later on I can add tons of other stuff, from creating guild bans, to editing channels and muting users. Almost everything a normal user could do. Just post your opinions on what should be added.

I'll also need some beta testers for a closed beta. Just hit me up if you're willing to test. Requirements are Windows 7 or higher, or a Linux distribution which delivers the GCC compiler version 4.9 or higher (this excludes CentOS7!).
You know I'm there! Windows 10, Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 and Debian 8 x64!

Quote:
View Post

hit me up homie

discord= zeelorenc#4296
skype= live:zeelorenc
steam=zeelorenc (or Lorenc_)

TeamSpeak still rules more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtik
View Post
TeamSpeak still rules more.
Compared to Discord, TeamSpeak is 20th century news to me. Discord can do a lot more than TeamSpeak.

Even Mumble is better than TS in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
Compared to Discord, TeamSpeak is 20th century news to me. Discord can do a lot more than TeamSpeak.

Still no positional audio in Discord, which is a pretty big deal for gaming.

I do prefer Discord, over other variants. Even though, I have no idea about C++, I still assume making something like this is pretty hard, so best of luck to the one who's developing such plugin.
Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post

The thing is Discord has very limited servers, and my ping is +300 in all of them, its much more convenient for me to run a TS on a nearby VPS and have a 5 ping communicating with my friends.
Last time I checked discord didn't even have a German server, which I think is best for both west and east, my ping to Germany is usually <120 ms.

As to texting and the forum-like options I do agree discord is very good, but as for voice comms it's not a viable option for me yet.

2017 Bump This would be great!

Already exists: https://github.com/maddinat0r/samp-discord-connector

I didn't test it though - i am a teamspeak user. Not even sure if it is working yet, on the GitHub page it says that the build is failing, but anyways maddinat0r is trying it.

I'm working on it. Shouldn't take long until I release the first version.
The plugin runs smoothly so far (sending and receiving text messages). Currently testing for stability and bugs.

Quote:
View Post
The plugin runs smoothly so far (sending and receiving text messages). Currently testing for stability and bugs.
Thank you,and post a thread once you're done,it's time to ditch IRC.

Quote:
View Post
I'm so excited.

Things to add to discord bot:

- Handle Commands, with prefix ( @ is taken by discord )
- User Management, ( kick, ban, move user, etc )
- Text Channel Management, ( Create, Delete, Set Group, Set User Limit, Mute, etc )
- Voice Channel Management, ( Same as text )
- Also a Raw Event Handler ( ability to send and see raw information )
Some extra functions
- isUserTalking
- getUserGroup
- isUserBot
- getUserStatus ( in the left sidebar, it will tell you if they are playing a game and similar information )
- isUserOnline ( not sure about this, but Discord shows users even if offline, so not sure if you would need to check the user is online, if user uses @mention it could be useful for commands )
- isUserInVoiceChannel
- getVoiceChannelName
- isUserInTextChannel
- getTextChannelName
- getConnectedTime
- getUserInfo ( Should display discord tag, and any relevant information )
- makeChannelInviteLink

I'm hoping this will give you enough information to add more functionality.

If you want I can dig further into the API, and make a list of more commands and features if you would like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzerking
View Post
Things to add to discord bot:

- Handle Commands, with prefix ( @ is taken by discord )
- User Management, ( kick, ban, move user, etc )
- Text Channel Management, ( Create, Delete, Set Group, Set User Limit, Mute, etc )
- Voice Channel Management, ( Same as text )
- Also a Raw Event Handler ( ability to send and see raw information )
Some extra functions
- isUserTalking
- getUserGroup
- isUserBot
- getUserStatus ( in the left sidebar, it will tell you if they are playing a game and similar information )
- isUserOnline ( not sure about this, but Discord shows users even if offline, so not sure if you would need to check the user is online, if user uses @mention it could be useful for commands )
- isUserInVoiceChannel
- getVoiceChannelName
- isUserInTextChannel
- getTextChannelName
- getConnectedTime
- getUserInfo ( Should display discord tag, and any relevant information )
- makeChannelInviteLink

I'm hoping this will give you enough information to add more functionality.

If you want I can dig further into the API, and make a list of more commands and features if you would like.
well about administrative commands and levels must be scripted due the owner can create his own groups with the permissions he want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaa
View Post
well about administrative commands and levels must be scripted due the owner can create his own groups with the permissions he want
There's a polite way to say things... There's no "must" in this, it's a want.

Still, they probably will do it, but just be polite about it...

That is enough. Well done @maddinat0r. I'd use it once the project is released.

I was so excited to see maddinat0r's plugin released; unfortunately it seems to hang the server (probably cause its not fully ready) :P