SA-MP Forums Archive
Discord for SA-MP? - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Plugin Development (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Discord for SA-MP? (/showthread.php?tid=615722)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Discord for SA-MP? - Lorenc_ - 26.08.2016

Why has nobody has claimed this excellent opportunity to create an immense change among servers?

My reason is that I'm too incompetent to make it in the most effective and efficient manner...

I won't explain Discord. But you can check it out yourself. It's ultimately the TS3 and soon-to-be IRC replacement.

What do I think should be made?

Nothing more than a similar-IRC style plugin for Discord. Relaying messages between ingame to discord with a bot.

Benefits

Don't have to stress about the foco/other network getting ddos attacked (whole reason i left it) nor stress about our own TS3 server getting attacked. It supports emojis and markdown formatting and we can share media very easily. Players can communicate and make friends between servers easily. Best of all, it is modern.

I've shifted to this service (love it for months), and so do communities that I know. A SA-MP bot-port is needed greatly!

I will reward the active developer that caters to this need among many sa-mp communities (should be public on GitHub ofc). Just post here if ur willing to give this a snap...

Can someone please make a public Discord Plugin for SA-MP?

Thanks

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - AndySedeyn - 26.08.2016

Excellent idea! I stepped down from TS3 ever since stumbling across Discord. I might do it and if I'm satisfied with the result, I'll publish it.

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Burridge - 26.08.2016

I would love to see this! Swapped to Discord a few weeks back, me and my friends/players are loving it!

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Crayder - 26.08.2016

Yes, someone should do this!

I switched to Discord from Skype... because Skype was eating my computer, almost literally. I tried out Skype Web and even used it for a bit, but along came Discord and now I try to get everyone I talk to on Skype to switch to it.

It has apps for every major device and has a web interface. It supports file transfer, image transfer, markdown, code, everything that I need! It has voice chat that is better than Skype could ever be, it's just missing video.

This plugin would be great!

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Dayvison_ - 26.08.2016

I switched skype to discord, i love see this in sa-mp

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Quinncell - 26.08.2016

That wouldn't be a bad idea at all.With the right person to make it, Discord would be a huge success in sa-mp.
Also, forgive me if I am wrong but shouldn't this thread be in General since this is Plugin Development?

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Zuthara - 26.08.2016

On it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
View Post
That wouldn't be a bad idea at all.With the right person to make it, Discord would be a huge success in sa-mp.
Also, forgive me if I am wrong but shouldn't this thread be in General since this is Plugin Development?
"Plugin Development".

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Quinncell - 26.08.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
"Plugin Development".
Yeah.. but I thought you only release the plugins you made in this section I didn't know you can make threads suggesting future plugins, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
View Post
Yeah.. but I thought you only release the plugins you made in this section I didn't know you can make threads suggesting future plugins, my apologies.
It's completely fine... xD

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - dusk - 26.08.2016

I recently tried using discord in a Lithuanian role-play server. Sadly the community rejected as it was to complicated for them...

I'd love to see some implementation of it in-game.

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - WhiteGhost - 26.08.2016

This would be good.

But i dont think anyone has the time to do it.

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - SickAttack - 26.08.2016

How's it going to work? Voice chat in-game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
How's it going to work? Voice chat in-game?
No, just text, obviously...

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - SickAttack - 26.08.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
No, just text, obviously...
What's wrong with the socket plugin then? You can use the socket plugin to create your own chat application.

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Lorenc_ - 27.08.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk
View Post
I recently tried using discord in a Lithuanian role-play server. Sadly the community rejected as it was to complicated for them...

I'd love to see some implementation of it in-game.
very interesting to hear, particularly because their UI is very user friendly

Quote:
View Post
What's wrong with the socket plugin then? You can use the socket plugin to create your own chat application.
need to use websockets, I tried but couldn't work it out

whole reason it was in the plugin board is because it was a discussion thread in that board (suited the board's purpose very clearly and i checked the rules...)

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - arakuta - 27.08.2016

Tried Discord once with my dota 2 team, but we still prefer ts3. The audio delay are larger than our TS server, even within same location... is that a common issue? I still like discord UI though.

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Crayder - 27.08.2016

Quote:
View Post
A Discord plugin would save the messages like an IRC plugin. You wouldn't have to be in the server to see the messages (the same could be said for sockets, but it's not the same). Discord also has it's own bot system. There are a lot of reason I'd rather just go with Discord.

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Sew_Sumi - 27.08.2016

I figured with the IRC bot that comes with Discord that you can run the IRC plugin, and relay the channel to your discord.

But the biggest advantage is the invite system, where you can simply use that as your weburl, and be done with forums and all that crud almost.

permissions on Discord are way simple, and bots to moderate are even the same. Just takes a bit of work learning it.

As said though, best to just use the IRC bot and relay it to the discord. One player spamming the crap out of the game, will make your discord be a complete mess though as well.

I use Boobot with a few different configs to allow for multiple roles, one of which being the prune command.

Discord also allows for pinned messages, so that'd be the "If you cannot find me here, PM me, or drop me an email", and the rules of the sa-mp server/discord server/channels.

Re: Discord for SA-MP? - Crayder - 27.08.2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
I figured with the IRC bot that comes with Discord that you can run the IRC plugin, and relay the channel to your discord.

But the biggest advantage is the invite system, where you can simply use that as your weburl, and be done with forums and all that crud almost.

permissions on Discord are way simple, and bots to moderate are even the same. Just takes a bit of work learning it.

As said though, best to just use the IRC bot and relay it to the discord. One player spamming the crap out of the game, will make your discord be a complete mess.
Spamming would be monitored in the plugin, that's an easy thing to fix.