Discord for SA-MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markparker12
Посмотреть сообщение
How to create Discord Server+Channel?
Before you start your own "server/channel" in Discord make sure you're registered!
1) https://discordapp.com/channels/@me
2)
These are my tested servers, by pressing (+) icon you can create your own server or join a server:

3) When you will click on Create A Server you will see this:

You can:
  • Add Servername
  • Change Logo
  • Change Location
4) Done:

To create channel in your server click on (+) and this will appear:

If you mean to create server/channel in SA:MP Server you cannot cause Discord is not developed yet for SA:MP servers.

I am currently implementing Discord into my script, as I'm using the Shoebill API its a bit easier for me Good Luck for the person going to develop this plugin for SA:MP.

I think I'll give it a try. I'll have to further read into the documentation though, since there is no Discord library for C++, so I need to do everything manually by the book (or rather documentation).

If I understood correctly, that plugin should mainly provide a callback which is always called when someone writes a message in one of the server's channels, right?

Oh, and if anyone has some experience with adding/configuring bots to their servers, I'd appreciate it if he/she would explain that process to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddinat0r
Посмотреть сообщение
I think I'll give it a try. I'll have to further read into the documentation though, since there is no Discord library for C++, so I need to do everything manually by the book (or rather documentation).

If I understood correctly, that plugin should mainly provide a callback which is always called when someone writes a message in one of the server's channels, right?

Oh, and if anyone has some experience with adding/configuring bots to their servers, I'd appreciate it if he/she would explain that process to me.
I was searching on *******...and i found this tutorial(adding bots inside Discord):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YO96GFBSLw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
I was searching on *******...and i found this tutorial(adding bots inside Discord):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YO96GFBSLw
That only adds a bot to sit in the channel.. It doesn't link. There are others that are more focused to linking IRC to discord.

That bot is simply a responding bot to triggers... It's not actually using a plugin setup to do anything more than triggered responses.

Hell, on the discord site it has an actual API usage and showing how to make an actual bot that's useful.

Would be nice If someone dev it since I'm using mIRC for my zombie server and we have a Discord channel too.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

It would be a great surprise to have this plugin.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Yes. Practically, another modern IRC plugin.

The minimum: read messages and send messages. Command processing can be done in pawn, but plugin-based is desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ner0x96
Посмотреть сообщение
Would be nice If someone dev it since I'm using mIRC for my zombie server and we have a Discord channel too.
You can already link IRC to discord if you'd read some more of the thread.

I was on a server that used Discord for a while (P:LA), and honestly, I didn't really like it. Of course, there are people that think the opposite since they are used to that.
Now the server is using TS3, and it's better, at least for me.

Anyways, I think that Discord is great, it's a nice program, but it's just not something for me.

What discord features, is a lot. You can almost do away with a forum, and simply use a discord server.

Various channels can have the rules, accepted mods, downloads and other information in it ready for people to bring up via a link. You could even use the weburl of SA-MP server to make the discord known about.

You don't necessarily need to be connected all the time, but it is a lot less heavy than TeamSpeak, and it has a lot more to offer than simply text/voice comms.

This is how I started with ScriptPlayer.. a thread that goes on for 3 years of people saying 'This would be a good idea... *stares at sunset*'.

Can't do it this time, but this is a good idea... *stares into sunset*

My suggestion, get a socket plugin that allows your SAMP server to be a 'client' to something like a nodejs tcp server, and the nodejs server can connect with WebSockets to Discord. Node.JS would basically be your relay.

Thats a quick and dirty method. Or you could fiddle with C++ and WebSockets.. no thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
Посмотреть сообщение
Or you could fiddle with C++ and WebSockets.. no thanks!
Hehe.

So, a small status update: My plugin can successfully send/retrieve HTTPS requests/responses. Also connecting to the Discord gateway through a TLS secured WebSocket works. I'll only have to implement the heartbeat and reconnect functionality. After that adding all callbacks and functions should be pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Hehe.

So, a small status update: My plugin can successfully send/retrieve HTTPS requests/responses. Also connecting to the Discord gateway through a TLS secured WebSocket works. I'll only have to implement the heartbeat and reconnect functionality. After that adding all callbacks and functions should be pretty straightforward.
Good job! Nice to hear some updates from you!

Okay, so basically I'm ready to add actual PAWN natives and callbacks.
Let's collect a list of all functions and callbacks you need/want.

Regarding the chat callback, which information should be passed to it (apart of the message itself, author id and channel id)?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Regarding the chat callback, which information should be passed to it (apart of the message itself, author id and channel id)?
in Discord u can also play songs. If is that able to play via discord will be quite awesome.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Question, how will markdown and file transfers be handled? Personally I'm fine with code and stuff being cut and replaced with something like "(code here)", but that should be optional and controllable by the script. Bold and italics should also be detectable and controllable by the script (we could represent then with different color times and such), but by default just replace with regular text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humza
View Post
in Discord u can also play songs. If is that able to play via discord will be quite awesome.
Please no overkill/unnecessary feature requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
Question, how will markdown and file transfers be handled? Personally I'm fine with code and stuff being cut and replaced with something like "(code here)", but that should be optional and controllable by the script. Bold and italics should also be detectable and controllable by the script (we could represent then with different color times and such), but by default just replace with regular text.
Isn't the markdown formatting handled by Discord itself? So you basically always receive/send markdown formatted chat messages. I'm also unsure if the plugin should handle Markdown syntax removal. I'd leave that to the PAWN-scripter.
I can add functionality to upload files, however I don't see much use for this. If someone uploads a file, the plugin receives a file object with the file's name, size and source URL. I can add a callback which gets called on every file upload and pass it that information, however yet again I don't see how this could be relevant on SA-MP server-side.

Quote:
View Post

When do you plan on launching a "beta version" or release it?
Would be wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
Question, how will markdown and file transfers be handled?
Im not sure how a file transfer would help what they are making it for (at least from my perspective).

Basically, my advice, dumb it down a little. No file transfer or Markdown. Server won't really be able to handle those with exception of fetching player files, which could be done in PAWN and output as text over the plugin's chat ability.

Im glad to see it moving! I probably won't use it because I don't host/script much anymore, but Im a huge advocate for new stuff and pushing limits.