Discord for SA-MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
Spamming would be monitored in the plugin, that's an easy thing to fix.
Everything is simple to fix, even the IRC plugin can do the same... I'm just saying that when I had it going, the IRC plugin to the IRC server, echoing to the discord server worked reasonably well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
Everything is simple to fix, even the IRC plugin can do the same... I'm just saying that when I had it going, the IRC plugin to the IRC server, echoing to the discord server worked reasonably well.
Yes, it could work very well that way, but that's an extra step that a Discord plugin wouldn't have to take!

I'm still interested in what you've done though, is it still running?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, it could work very well that way, but that's an extra step that a Discord plugin wouldn't have to take!

I'm still interested in what you've done though, is it still running?
Nah, pulled the test box I was paying for due to the internet list being borked lol.

The information I used should still be out there though, although now it probably is a bit dated due to people updating things.

I did find this which looks a lot more promising and easy to setup. https://github.com/copygirl/cord

It would be cool though to actually have a plugin, as then you could have the plugin broadcast the server messages itself, and do more, as you say in a filtering sense.

Quote:
View Post
I figured with the IRC bot that comes with Discord that you can run the IRC plugin, and relay the channel to your discord.

But the biggest advantage is the invite system, where you can simply use that as your weburl, and be done with forums and all that crud almost.

permissions on Discord are way simple, and bots to moderate are even the same. Just takes a bit of work learning it.

As said though, best to just use the IRC bot and relay it to the discord. One player spamming the crap out of the game, will make your discord be a complete mess though as well.

I use Boobot with a few different configs to allow for multiple roles, one of which being the prune command.

Discord also allows for pinned messages, so that'd be the "If you cannot find me here, PM me, or drop me an email", and the rules of the sa-mp server/discord server/channels.
What if the IRC server is down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
What if the IRC server is down?
Oh come on... How often is it that a whole network is down...

It's not like you use piece of shit home IRC servers that go offline.

The easiest way I could guess of doing it is the following:

1. Set up a TCP server.
2. Create a Discord bot that relays the messages from Discord to the TCP server as a client.
3. In your gamemode or filterscript, run another TCP client that sends the SA-MP messages to the TCP server.
4. Send the messages from the SA-MP server to the Discord Bot which shows it in Discord, and make Discord messages show up in the SA-MP server.

I don't have time to write this, unfortunately, but this is how I would do it I guess.

Quote:
View Post
Oh come on... How often is it that a whole network is down...

It's not like you use piece of shit home IRC servers that go offline.
I guess focog***** is a "piece of shit home IRC server" because that "shit" was going down probably more than twice in 24 hours. My bots dc'ed crazy. Needless to say, there needs to be a SA-MP implementation.

-

Please let me know if you are working on this! Message me for my Skype if you need feature suggestions... etc (or post here)

Don't let this die in vain. It's for the greater good of SA-MP!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
Please let me know if you are working on this! Message me for my Skype if you need feature suggestions... etc (or post here)

Don't let this die in vain. It's for the greater good of SA-MP!!!!!!!
There should be a plugin made, considering there is a lot more information on discord now. Should even make it a collaborative effort.

Make a project SVN, and a discord, and people will appear.

Off topic, this thread should've stayed in the plugin development section. This is not a PAWN discussion. It's 100% plugin discussion. I'm gonna go see if anyone is on the IRC so I can ask why it was moved to the wrong section.

Obviously someone didn't read the thread properly before moving it.

great idea

EDIT: Removed.

On another note, why'd no-one do the same in the past for slack?

I just read this article (Cos it was on reddit) https://www.dataquest.io/blog/apartm...ding-slackbot/

It's almost the same features, and layout. (The main "image" that led me on this excursion is at the end of step 3.)

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
On another note, why'd no-one do the same in the past for slack?

I just read this article (Cos it was on reddit) https://www.dataquest.io/blog/apartm...ding-slackbot/

It's almost the same features, and layout. (The main "image" that led me on this excursion is at the end of step 3.)
Slack is more for team communication (projects), Discord is for gaming from my experience

Please someone make a plugin for dis!!!

Discord does both, you can get a bot to monitor your GitHub.

They're so similar it's uncanny.

Even though it's more a gaming drive for people using it, it's actually very awesome for the instant invites, and the way it's similar to an IRC/Social Network.

But yes, we should start collaborating on this...

bump!

Quote:
View Post
No, just text, obviously...
Voice chat is also available

Discord is so much fun to be honest.
Would be great to see a plugin supporting sa-mp.

bump

How to create Discord Server+Channel?