Updating SA-MP Wiki

We can only edit so much of the wiki.

Everyone with a high enough reputation can use his forum login details to login to the wiki page. Also he can edit stuff. But all the edits will be logged so if someone thinks he can destroy the wiki it will end in a ban and a wiki backup.

For example visit my wiki profile: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/User:GangstaSunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaSunny
Посмотреть сообщение
Everyone with a high enough reputation can use his forum login details to login to the wiki page. Also he can edit stuff. But all the edits will be logged so if someone thinks he can destroy the wiki it will end in a ban and a wiki backup.

For example visit my wiki profile: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/User:GangstaSunny
by meaning high reputation level how much you mean?

Well i dont know exactly, i were able to access as soon as i got 25 reputation.
Maybe you can access it earlier. Kalcor told this a long time ago as the wiki where destroyed by some kids.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well i dont know exactly, i were able to access as soon as i got 25 reputation.
Maybe you can access it earlier. Kalcor told this a long time ago as the wiki where destroyed by some kids.
Like I said above, you can only edit so much of the wiki. Like related functions, a few script examples and minor text. But that's pretty much everything you can edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Like I said above, you can only edit so much of the wiki. Like related functions, a few script examples and minor text. But that's pretty much everything you can edit.
Im already allowed to create new sites, edit user page etc.

I want contribute to the wiki, but i cant.. My name have "_" an character which seems not allow the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zume
Посмотреть сообщение
I want contribute to the wiki, but i cant.. My name have "_" an character which seems not allow the page.
yes thats right. Underscores are not supported by MediaWiki (software the sampwiki is using). The software code need to be changed a bit (like LDAP). Maybe kye or someone else would do this in the future. If we got enough users we can maybe post a suggestion.

But actualy there is no chance for you to login. Usually the MediaWiki-Database will convert a underscore "_" to a space " ". I tried for you but you also cant login with " Zume".

Seriously? Do you really think that Kalcor should edit wiki? Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes i think he should do.
This game is taking more and more features and functions. So why should the wiki dont be up to date?

Did you asked seriously or did you just want to kidding me?

I think that Kalcor have more important problems now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
Посмотреть сообщение
Especially for a mod that needs users to make gamemodes on it, it is very, very useful and handy if the documentation is up-to-date. Just putting which callbacks were added in the changelog is one thing, documenting it and showing the syntax is another.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Im already allowed to create new sites, edit user page etc.
Edit it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperM
Посмотреть сообщение
Especially for a mod that needs users to make gamemodes on it, it is very, very useful and handy if the documentation is up-to-date. Just putting which callbacks were added in the changelog is one thing, documenting it and showing the syntax is another.
i agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Edit it then.
Some sites are locked and can only be edited by a wiki administrator, iam not.

There's only 4-5 pages that are protected from editing, I just unblocked the one OP mentioned and someone has already edited it.

If anyone else would like to contribute check https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=493343 for login information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
So someone, can like go there, and fuck up the wiki?
All changes on the wiki are logged and can be quickly reverted, people who will try to vandalize the wiki will have their wiki/forum accounts banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
There's only 4-5 pages that are protected from editing, I just unblocked the one OP mentioned and someone has already edited it.

If anyone else would like to contribute check https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=493343 for login information.

All changes on the wiki are logged and can be quickly reverted, people who will try to vandalize the wiki will have their wiki/forum accounts banned.
Thank you dugi.
This thread is done and can be closed now.