Notice: Old wiki user accounts purged

The old wiki user database was deleted in early 2014.

In order to log in to the wiki now to edit pages, you can use your forum login username/password (case sensitive).

Note: You must be a 'respected user' on the forum (have some reputation) for your forum login to work on the wiki.

i guess this explains why few bt got 'demoted'

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienoob
View Post
i guess this explains why few bt got 'demoted'
It's just a temporary measure while we investigate the damage caused by the attack.

Ok kalcor

This explains a lot

Definitely the best you could've done. Once the damage caused by attacked has been analyzed, are you allowing people to edit the Wiki again, or you're moving it to a whole new different Wiki-type system?

EDIT: Of course, bold text helps a lot. Thanks for notifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
View Post
Media-Wiki is definitely weird, doesn't work at mine too. Does that mean the WHOLE wiki (information) has to be removed, or is it just the accounts?
"Since the version of Mediawiki used by SA-MP doesn't have any good password recovery options, it was decided to purge the entire wiki users database."

Uh, that's a bad problem...
Quote:

and new accounts will need to be created (probably via special request).

That's good, but when we gonna be able to do a request ? (and how ?)
I very need to access to my account as fast as possible (Connor Mead) :/

It was a good decision. After all, the most important thing is to protect the information stored on the wiki.

Also, I really hope there will be a new way of giving out accounts for the wiki. There are a lot of people that are able to contribute to this community, but some don't have a wiki account. Maybe a new selection process would do a lot better than opening registrations at a random time.

Aaaaand the forum members retrieved their mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.
View Post
It was a good decision. After all, the most important thing is to protect the information stored on the wiki.

Also, I really hope there will be a new way of giving out accounts for the wiki. There are a lot of people that are able to contribute to this community, but some don't have a wiki account. Maybe a new selection process would do a lot better than opening registrations at a random time.
Maybe add some peoples(wiki's contributors only?) who are able to create an account ?

I have no idea how you manage.

The virtually constant attacks that "popular" SA:MP servers attract, even a few years ago, were enough to drive me crazy. At one point I spent longer writing abuse reports to 3rd world ISP's than I did improving the server.

For all of SA:MP's faults, the resilience of the team can't be denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilou
View Post
Uh, that's a bad problem...

That's good, but when we gonna be able to do a request ? (and how ?)
I very need to access to my account as fast as possible (Connor Mead) :/
Why would you need asap access to a wiki account....?

Anyway, hope the damage is minimal. Great to see you inform us about it though, seeing as many communities like to keep things like this under the rug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
Why would you need asap access to a wiki account....?.
Need to traduct somes pages, fix few typo
Don't wanna stop my work here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilou
View Post
Need to traduct somes pages, fix few typo
Don't wanna stop my work here
That's not urgent. The account doesn't even belong to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
The account doesn't even belong to you.
Yeah that's right, but why you say it ? ._.

It's not his account but he made great translations for the FR section. Nobody asked him anything but he translated many pages.
Cf: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/User:Connor_Mead
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wroot/index.ph...et=0&limit=500

I actually downloaded the whole SA-MP wiki the other day, it is 1+ GB. If you need it, I can upload it somewhere I guess. Compressed .RAR = 300+ MB.

Thanks for the update!