How to get players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakStore
View Post
@Zedder: Yes the server is homemade.
It is not very complicated to understand since the systems are explained in a command. Thank you for telling me this, because I was starting to lose hope XD. ^^
@whadez: There are stars in your message, I do not see.
Me what I want for a start is 15 players, after if it's possible 30-50. Very well like that.

Because my budget is 5$/month.
Oh right, 15 players is easy to achieve, but maintaining the players, is another main problem that most of the new servers cant do. You gotta have unique systems, with proper team behind the server, which are willing to listen to any will from the players. Good luck friend!

p.s: Your budget is almost enough for a small VPS (order the cheapest VPS from OVH if you wanna have proper ddos protection, dont get yourself fooled!)

For this project i'm alone for the moment.
I would just need a graphic designer for the forum and a scripter for help me.
After keeping the players, there will be more.
Yes I think I would go to OVH, with a VPS located in Europe or in the USA so that the players do not have ping problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder
View Post
yeah definitely you will have a chance if your gamemode is unique and familiar and easy to learn. And if its about hosted tab, it really dosent matter anymore because internet tab is back again.
Making it familiar will apparently not get you anywhere. A guy came to my server and was loyal to it and amazed by my script, then got invited to another server that had similar /stats and /help commands. He told me I didn't script my own game mode from scratch and believed the other server. Maybe it was just him missing a few things in his, well... you know.

Anyways why do you want to start a server?

I want to start a server, to show a game mode, which is a bit different compared to other servers. (It's a LVTDM with multifunctions).
I Taking the necessary time.
I also want players to enjoy playing.
That is the fundamental purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
View Post
Making it familiar will apparently not get you anywhere. A guy came to my server and was loyal to it and amazed by my script, then got invited to another server that had similar /stats and /help commands. He told me I didn't script my own game mode from scratch and believed the other server. Maybe it was just him missing a few things in his, well... you know.
Believe me that player may have got some admins position or any other ranks in that other server, otherwise he wouldn't have said all taht.
Basically the problem of SA-MP players nowadays is all they want is admin position in a server and if they got invited to other server with some more higher position, they would instantly leave the server and join the other server.

And one another thing, almost all the players nowadays claims to be a developer just by using a leaked script and getting some money whereas they dont even have any knowledge about any shit. thats why they make some weird questions like "how do i make myself admin in this or that script?".

Yes, many players ask for the admin post, if they don't' have this rank they leave.
But we see that it is players who want to have this position just to have the powers.

I think that if I have a tip to those who want to open a server, you need made the script you will have more chance of having players, than a server already done.

But you can also take back some systems to other servers, without copying and pasting.

Great Job..... Hats off bro!! :-*

Hosted tab is the only way.

I don't know if we are allowed to reply but this is so helpful and nicely written. Thank you so much for that!!