How to get players

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkpnk
View Post
Can you elaborate a bit?
I wouldn't avoid OVH, OVH has the best DDoS protection for the price they offer (game dedicated servers, not VPS as VPS doesn't really protect UDP attacks as much). On the other hand, Secured Servers tends to kick people off who get attacked a lot since they only gurantee 10Gbps DDoS protection and they're overpriced too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
View Post
What was the answer to?

To this? > Hiring admin hungry kids wont get you players.

Than you are obviously saying dumb crap to piss me off. Can you, not respond to anything I say for once?
Dickhead..
ignore him bro he is trying to do post counting just ......

I've been on Balkanian RP servers, and it's always the same deal:

1. You start playing
2. Helpers teleport to you, give you cash
3. They tell you to tell the admins that the helper that gave you cash is awesome.
4. They become admins
5. They want their money back
6. You don't give it back
7. Jail
8. You give back the cash.
9. What appeared to be a nice helper, was actually a bad guy, that hates you now.

Or, the owners of the Balkanian servers always give *******rs with like 100 subs VIP and 100m and other schit... :/

CONCLUSION: Give admins only to people you trust, as @KeithCooper said.

Quote:
View Post
What was the answer to?

To this? > Hiring admin hungry kids wont get you players.
And what do you base that "fact" on? Why do you think people like those CZCnR servers so much? Because they can easily apply for helper, then become admins. But do they get good admins at the end? No. Do other servers have good admins? That's highly unlikely to a perspective.

You guys only base your stuff on "what's right", take it from experience. People. Want. To. Be. Admins.

When I gave my script to Adam (you may not know him), he opened admin applications and advertised here, people started playing. Even you. All of them came by because they had the chance to become an admin.

Just don't give advice to others if you haven't ran a server before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
Just don't give advice to others if you haven't ran a server before.
And you base your 'facts' on who did or didn't ran a server? That's complete bs. I do agree with the fact that people want to be admins but I said " hiring power hungry kids won't get your (perm) players " which is actually true. I did ran a few servers but that is irrelevant to this. Hiring a bunch of kids that only play for admin is going to end bad. Just look at every CnRSF/CZCnR server, they are a prefect example. Not just them, other servers too.

Let's say you start a server. Give admin ranks to a bunch of kids and what do you get? Players complaining and leaving for unfair bans, abusiveness..etc

Than again, some servers have great administrators but bad players who report everyone for foolish reasons.

Also, a very good tip I've stated and heard from many others.

'If you are starting a server and you are looking for mature and experienced staff, give them to your friends that you have known for a long time or your IRL friends. That way it's easier to solve conflicts and other similar things.'

Well, I started 2 servers (which are just for fun). I hired people I trust and shit went bad as they know they wouldn't be demoted and started behaving badly. Don't hire people you know well, especially those with great english and are "mature". They just start controlling you.

Also, those CzCnr or CNRSF servers ARE the ones that gets players and always will be. This is because people play to be admin or helper. Unique scripts (which are usually owned by more professional people) never get players as administrator position is not given out easily.

People asslick you to get admin and funny enough, those people are the ones who do a good job and deserves promotion.

Whereas your good friends won't give a damn about the rules and just assume control over the server.

This is based on real experience.

on my first start on this game i was creating a simple COD Server from 2 years and after that i started a TDM Server but on everytime i get the same proplem with admins 99% from SA-MP's experminced players left and all the players on this days is too bad joining for ranks then if we will give ranks to everyone then who is the players (it doesn't mean that we are not experminced)

It is easier to start a server in Russia:

1. Download any gamemode, based on The Godfather, that copies samp-rp.ru (russian The Godfather community)
2. Rent a virtual dedicated server in Russia for $3.
3. Buy a .ru domain for $2.
4. Advertise on forums and *******.

PROFIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMallard
View Post
It is easier to start a server in Russia:

1. Download any gamemode, based on The Godfather, that copies samp-rp.ru (russian The Godfather community)
2. Rent a virtual dedicated server in Russia for $3.
3. Buy a .ru domain for $2.
4. Advertise on forums and *******.

PROFIT!
What if you're not Russian

Quote:
View Post
What if you're not Russian
Same steps, but you may need to get on hosted tab since English servers don't advertise that much.

Other than that, it's a VPS.

Nice whats ip so i can join

What is it that attracts you guys to creating a server that is ordinary, and with that I mean no offense. Take for instance vampire & werewolf server, they have a unique idea I haven't seen yet and I'm sure it's fun to play if you're into fantasy stuff. But if it's just another Los Santos normal roleplay (whether it's light, medium or heavy) there's a lot of them. And again don't get me wrong, it might sound hypocritical of me saying this since I had a server based in Los Santos not too long ago but I had to learn the hard way. Also you might say I'm hypocrite for trying again but in BC this time, but I personally do it just for scripting which is what I love. So in case you guys are scripters, then I totally get it why you want to start servers because in the end all programmers want to show their dedication to a crowd and hope the feedback is positive! But if you're not scripters, then what is driving your motivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalShark
View Post
I found a pretty decent host that cost 3$ for 3 months (they have a 50% off until 5th july) which is a good deal
How many slots you get out of this and if it possible pm me with a link for the company website.
//Sorry for going off topic tho .

I experienced that without hosted tab you'll never get more than 3-5 players. Its fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyGamer
View Post
I experienced that without hosted tab you'll never get more than 3-5 players. Its fact
thats no true

Quote:

What is it that attracts you guys to creating a server that is ordinary, and with that I mean no offense. Take for instance vampire & werewolf server, they have a unique idea I haven't seen yet and I'm sure it's fun to play if you're into fantasy stuff. But if it's just another Los Santos normal roleplay (whether it's light, medium or heavy) there's a lot of them. And again don't get me wrong, it might sound hypocritical of me saying this since I had a server based in Los Santos not too long ago but I had to learn the hard way. Also you might say I'm hypocrite for trying again but in BC this time, but I personally do it just for scripting which is what I love. So in case you guys are scripters, then I totally get it why you want to start servers because in the end all programmers want to show their dedication to a crowd and hope the feedback is positive! But if you're not scripters, then what is driving your motivation?

I'm a programmer,
I wont create a RP server,
Most servers base their main city in Los Santos because it's the most memorable & iconic town that most people know about.

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a home server SAMP ENTIRELY scripted by me.

I intend to open it with a VPS.
But I do not have the budget to enroll in a hosted list.

But I can open it with a VPS, with a home forum.

Do you think that I can have a lot of players?

If I can not get full, is it better to download a server already done (Example: Call of Duty), or do a server that I have creatte?

Because me I see many servers that have lots of players without being "hosted LIST"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakStore
View Post
Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a home server SAMP ENTIRELY scripted by me.

I intend to open it with a VPS.
But I do not have the budget to enroll in a hosted list.

But I can open it with a VPS, with a home forum.

Do you think that I can have a lot of players?

If I can not get full, is it better to download a server already done (Example: Call of Duty), or do a server that I have creatte?

Because me I see many servers that have lots of players without being "hosted LIST"
yeah definitely you will have a chance if your gamemode is unique and familiar and easy to learn. And if its about hosted tab, it really dosent matter anymore because internet tab is back again.

It's all about the marketing bro. Make free advertisement in SA:MP advertising pages on faceb**k, tell your friends to tell their friends about it. But dont expect a lot of $, and more than 50 players for start I'd say.

@Zedder: Yes the server is homemade.
It is not very complicated to understand since the systems are explained in a command. Thank you for telling me this, because I was starting to lose hope XD. ^^
@whadez: There are stars in your message, I do not see.
Me what I want for a start is 15 players, after if it's possible 30-50. Very well like that.

Because my budget is 5$/month.