New Object Suggestions

Since the "0.3.7 RC Scripting" section has been closed, I figured this is more of a general topic now.

The old suggestions topic still has some objects that could be done.

1. Corona, which we already have but it is missing textures supposedly:

2. Another version of the kickstart school buses (like, extract just one and fix the collision so we can walk in on both sides without getting stuck):

3. More organically shaped landmasses. The current ones Matite added are really great, but I think they are too rectangular. There should be more mountain-ish, organic ones.

• Separating the Big Ear into 3 pieces: The dish, the leg end the lower body;
  • Several variations of this: http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB17QwpH...Xq6xXFXXX5.jpg;
  • Proper lighting objects fot attaching to vehicles. Maybe 2 variations, simple and xenon;
  • Also separate the bridges from all the great intersections so we can use them in other places, like Hunter Quarry;
I'll return with other suggestions.

Better bleacher objects. Not like the small wooded set, I mean like the stadium bleachers.

I'd rather have natural sized ones (not with decimals). Currently it's tough to line the baseball stadium's up. I did happen to get an awesome football stadium going with them though.

They should also have walls on the part near the first row seats. Notice on my football stadium that the corners aren't filled in because I can't find any objects that will fit there.

Football stadium: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=589431

Along with that subject, some multi-sized poles would be great! For example, my field goal post doesn't have a horizontal bar that will fit across. If we could have some poles that are about as thin as the telephone poles but with lengths around 2, 5, and 10 that would be good enough.

I suggest to extract rollers from this skin, to allow us to use it on other skins with proper animation.

I would suggest:

1. Muscle car engine blowers, preferably from Jetmax boat or Hotknife:
Of course scaled down so can fit Sabre/Blade/Clover/Buccaneer/Savana and other loweriders, muscle cars and so on.
I haven't found anything like that in SA, and with AttachObjectToVehicle this should be sweet.

2. airship/blimp just like one flying over Los Santos in GTA5 and in Vice City

Actually, it doesnt need to have good quallity, as mostly should be seen from far away.
None SA object can take role of a blimp, even re-textured, so I think this is good suggestion.

3. Hotknife wreck separated from Loco Low Co garage

Most objects could have their textures changed and thus ending up like a complete different object. The land masses for example.

But yes there are always more objects to add i support that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboeg
Посмотреть сообщение
Most objects could have their textures changed and thus ending up like a complete different object. The land masses for example.

But yes there are always more objects to add i support that idea.
It's a fact but doesn't really matters sometimes, for example, that bus model, it's a huge group of objects inside one only, that bus would be perfect for roleplay stuff, using it as an sepparated object would give people the chance to feature a school bus on their servers, or even create one more kind of car wreck on survival servers, that's why some objects like that are important enough to be extracted, not only for the visual but for the usability, you can't avoid it's collisions or attach it to a single vehicle or object because of the huge size.

Some variations for these glasses would also be nice:

Alright I'm making a list of objects that I would like to see on SA-MP and I believe that most part of them have utilities for any kind of gamemode (or mostly any).

Quote:

Tools

Scissors:

Hydraulic Jack

Quote:

Foods

Potato(es)

Carrot

Grapes

Quote:

Trash

Car Wrecks (variations of original game ones)

Quote:

Animals (is it possible to animate them?)

Umm, how bout integrating skin mods and other models available, as indepedent new models and skins, would be SO AWESOME! But i know kalcor wont do this ;/

Of course you could animate them, Mattie did add a new animation for fishing, but Kye/Kalcor would not add mods from third parties.

Seems a very good idea but won't it work if the some players doesn't have mods or it will work if the mods are included in scripting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
Seems a very good idea but won't it work if the some players doesn't have mods or it will work if the mods are included in scripting?
His point was to have animated animal objects. That's not hard at all and it is as simple as adding any other animated object (which we have done).

Suggestions:
  • Foot Trap (the one that clamps on feet)
  • Small cage trap
  • Fishing net
  • Log wall (small, maybe 3 units high with 4 logs and multiple lengths) *
  • Log wall with door *
  • Tree stand
  • Small wooden boat
  • Multiple 'train' tracks (just the tracks, no ground piece for them)
  • Small huts (perhaps like those in the lumber yard above the blueberry farm, but more geometrical sizes and shapes) (they could also have doors and windows, that'd be great)
* The log walls will not be like the other SA-MP walls, it will actually be made with logs.

You know what? We need to reinvent ourselves, San Andreas is an old game but we still making funny servers with cool concepts and awesome ideas. One of those concepts that is growing on SA-MP is the open-world concept, which you guys must know what it is. One of the most importtant buildings on the open world concept are the houses, Matite has done some open world houses models on 0.3.7, it's awesome and bring us many new possibilities.

This is a screen of a open-source system that I'm developing for public, which features many things related to roleplay stuff. Basically, this is a brand new framework which allows you to do many roleplay/rpg things such as eat and drink stuff, buy stuff on market, store food on your fridge, cook, sleep, interact with furnis etc.

Coming back to the main subject, I would like to suggest to make more variations of dynamic buildings, just like the entrable one that we already have (with walls inside, windows, etc), which are common arround san andreas and notorious on many cities arround the game and which have the same model id.

Here comes some images of objects models as examples of it:

Welding bench, welding helmet, and a welder. The welding bench and welder can be a single object.

Multiple sizes of a circular gun target (two or three different sizes would suffice).

Enterable semi trailer.

Enterable tent.

Sleeping bag (one rolled up and another rolled out with a flap open).

A couple more "fuckcars" (look them up in a model name search somewhere if you don't know what these are), less damaged than the current ones.

Un-breakable hay cube (and perhaps a single prism extracted).

Not sure if this is already suggested
an extra wall object (for all existing shapes) with material for each side, so different colors can be applied without having to make another wall object at other side, where by default both side has same texture.
Material index 0 -> front side.
Material index 1 -> back side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboN1X
View Post
Not sure if this is already suggested
an extra wall object (for all existing shapes) with material for each side, so different colors can be applied without having to make another wall object at other side, where by default both side has same texture.
Material index 0 -> front side.
Material index 1 -> back side.
Dude I actually LOVE this idea. The inside of the doorway should also have it's own texture. GREAT suggestion.

Coronas for sure, and all PointLights with yellow, magenta, and cyan variations, also a way to increase the distance, count, or angle limit for them. And a cyan and transparent (to attach lights on them) neon tubes.

B/M/I/A Gear NGC
http://i.imgur.com/cw5yBxK.png

DL (.tga, .x):
https://drive.******.com/open?id=0B4...lZycjNxc0p3Qzg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssMorgan
View Post
Those look like space ships...