[Map] Casa Draco - Textured DayZ/Survival Clan Base!

Hello everyone! I've been a member of the SAMP community for a long time now, but I've only just recently gotten into mapping. After learning how to texture maps using Pottus' Texture Studio, I decided to release my first good map to the SAMP community as I am no longer part of the staff team on the server it is being used on.

This castle map is designed for DayZ/Surivival servers, though it could be used for other servers as well. It makes a great clan base, access is controlled by a single gate, and it has three battlements.

Front Gate

View from the street

Arial View

Garage (left unmapped to make room for vehicle spawns)

Basement Storage

Main Living Quarters

Dining Area

Kitchen

Bathroom

Public Office

Public Areas

Doorways to the private office and sleeping quarters

Private Office

Private Sleeping Quarters

THIS MAP IS NO LONGER PUBLIC AND REQUIRES PERMISSION BEFORE USE. USE OF THIS MAP FILE WITHOUT PERMISSION IS PROHIBITED

Credits go to Pottus for his amazing Texture Studio, and Rodriguez for some slight assistance with the mapping.

[/CENTER]

Well mapped and textured, nice job.

That's wht i want

Thank you for your kind responses. I'm still new to mapping so any constructive criticisms are welcome.

I like the map. Good job

Looks good, but it looks a bit modern. It should look oldish and textures should be grey. It my opinion. +REP for your effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomIrish
Посмотреть сообщение
Looks good, but it looks a bit modern. It should look oldish and textures should be grey. It my opinion. +REP for your effort
I don't like this suggestion, most people want modern. If you want it different do it yourself, the mapper is not goin to change the entire thing just for one guy.

Now, on topic. It all ok but you should layer the walls and make different rooms differently textured (right now everything is one color and not very pretty). Also, a roof will never be hardwood. What protection is hardwood against rain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't like this suggestion, most people want modern. If you want it different do it yourself, the mapper is not goin to change the entire thing just for one guy.

Now, on topic. It all ok but you should layer the walls and make different rooms differently textured (right now everything is one color and not very pretty). Also, a roof will never be hardwood. What protection is hardwood against rain?
How do you know what people want ? And he said any criticism is welcome. Where did I say i want this map ? I also said it is my opinion. Clown !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomIrish
Посмотреть сообщение
How do you know what people want ? And he said any criticism is welcome. Where did I say i want this map ? I also said it is my opinion. Clown !!!
Keyword, criticism. Need that defined?

Код:
crit·i·cism - noun:
	the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes.
		(Oxford Dictionaries)
You did not criticize. You told him exactly what YOU want (yes, it is your opinion, which is not called criticism), clown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
So like, say, put a second wall object on the inside of the rooms so that they look different from the outside? That is actually a good idea, I will do that with the next version I do. I'll also probably redo the roof with an asphalt shingle type of texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileys
Посмотреть сообщение
There's certain areas that are like built for first class people, and then there are rooms that are built for third class people, all inside 1 builing, it's a little weird in my opinion.
I agree with you there, the barracks area fit more with some of the older versions of the base, but it is looking out of place now. I will fix this in the next version.

Any suggestions other than what has been stated?